The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Multi-colored or all Red headbands in the IDW comic?
Multi-colored 58 48.74%
Red 61 51.26%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #121
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I just feel that a comic, geared for fans that are older than 10 or based on a TV series, should keep the red masks...kinda for "traditions" sake.
For tradition sake I like the multi-colored mask. Its an all ages thing not ten and up red mask in the comics. If I think of the TMNT I think of four different mask colors. When I see a picture of the TMNT with a red mask I automatically think Raphael even if its a Mirage type depiciton.

I like the fact it evolved beyond the one-shot and from Mirage itself. Its simply the way I think and see the turtles with four different mask not all red and leaving me to play "Guess Who".
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #122
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
For tradition sake
Ah, so you're an all-red fan!

Quote:
I like the multi-colored mask.
Oh.

Quote:
Its an all ages thing not ten and up red mask in the comics.
I wasn't aware the lack of rainbow colors on the bandannas automatically denotes all-ages or not.

Quote:
If I think of the TMNT I think of four different mask colors. When I see a picture of the TMNT with a red mask I automatically think Raphael even if its a Mirage type depiciton.
I don't believe that how your own history colors your going-forward experience with bandanna colors should be something that the "ideal" version of the Turtles ought to be punished as a result of.

Quote:
I like the fact it evolved beyond the one-shot and from Mirage itself. Its simply the way I think and see the turtles with four different mask not all red and leaving me to play "Guess Who".
I'm curious, there seems to be this ruckus brought up time and again by the rainbow fandanglers... can any of you quantify this? Because you have the power to do so.

No, really, I'm interested... take a few minutes, take a picture with your camera phone or scan the panel or panel(s) from the Mirage books that confuse you as to who's who. I genuinely want to see which panels confuse you.

I'll wait.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #123
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
If we were to go all-out ninja on them... shouldn't they be dressed in all-out ninja gear, as in a ninja dogi rather than just headbands and such.... who REALLY wears headbands with eye holes??? The closest I can think of is Zorro...
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #124
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
If we were to go all-out ninja on them... shouldn't they be dressed in all-out ninja gear, as in a ninja dogi rather than just headbands and such....
I don't disagree... they should probably wear that. But they don't.

Quote:
who REALLY wears headbands with eye holes??? The closest I can think of is Zorro...
Again, I don't disagree. But if it's between a unified color and a diversified rainbow spectrum, I tend to think that the unified color trumps the rainbow every time.

Honestly, being strictly pragmatic about things, them wearing no bandannas make the most sense... bandanna or not, no one is going to be fooled into believing they're just some random guy -- those heads, hands/feet, shells, and skin color are kinda giveaways about who they are.

The question you have to ask is -- and try to put yourself in their shoes here, really imagine you were trained since, you know, forever in a sewer to be a ninja in your family's clan to one day kill a guy -- why did they put on the bandannas at all? You have to ask the question, since the bandannas are as much a part of the TMNT as the weapons they carry, visually. There are several answers you can arrive at:

A) "They want to be different from one another, and express themselves!"

B) "They want to show unity in their shared ninja clan."

C) "They had favorite colors as children and they decide when they're performing their ninja duties that's an appropriate time/place to adorn themselves with them prominently."

D) "They want to confuse their enemies in battle, disguising their numbers."

Given that scenario, which of those answers compute and which of them sound ridiculous, and of the ones that compute do "all-red bandannas" or "rainbow bandannas" tend to make the most sense for them?

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-26-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #125
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't disagree... they should probably wear that. But they don't.



Again, I don't disagree. But if it's between a unified color and a diversified rainbow spectrum, I tend to think that the unified color trumps the rainbow every time.

Honestly, being strictly pragmatic about things, them wearing no bandannas make the most sense... bandanna or not, no one is going to be fooled into believing they're just some random guy -- those heads, hands/feet, shells, and skin color are kinda giveaways about who they are.

The question you have to ask is -- and try to put yourself in their shoes here, really imagine you were trained since, you know, forever in a sewer to be a ninja in your family's clan to one day kill a guy -- why did they put on the bandannas at all? You have to ask the question, since the bandannas are as much a part of the TMNT as the weapons they carry, visually. There are several answers you can arrive at:

A) "They want to be different from one another, and express themselves!"

B) "They want to show unity in their shared ninja clan."

C) "They had favorite colors as children and when they're performing their ninja duties, that's an appropriate time/place to do so."

D) "They want to confuse their enemies in battle, disguising their numbers."

Given that scenario, which of those answers compute and which of them sound ridiculous, and of the ones that compute do "all-red bandannas" or "rainbow bandannas" tend to make the most sense for them?
Valid point. In a rapid battle amongst the darkness, the enemy wouldn't be able to tell if it was 4 Turtles or 10... kinda like people usually think Batman is 'everywhere at once' when he sneaks up on a gang of thugs.

But yeah... they'd be even more stealthy if they dressed in black dogis... I mean, black blends better than green.... I mean, if we take it from a human perspective... what ninja clan would run around dressed in green gis???
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:28 AM   #126
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
shouldn't they be dressed in all-out ninja gear, as in a ninja dogi rather than just headbands and such....
What is a Ninja Dogi? besides the usual Karate Gi in black with a novelty mask?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #127
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm curious, there seems to be this ruckus brought up time and again by the rainbow fandanglers... can any of you quantify this? Because you have the power to do so.

No, really, I'm interested... take a few minutes, take a picture with your camera phone or scan the panel or panel(s) from the Mirage books that confuse you as to who's who. I genuinely want to see which panels confuse you.

I'll wait.
I think I was the first person to cite confusion in my own readings. To make it clear, I said that I had a little bit of trouble and had to go back and read again during the sparring scene in #5 just to make sure I knew who was who. A bit more effort to identify the Turtles at a point before Raph showed off his skills would've been nice. I also said that something like this probably won't happen again because now they're all wearing different colors.

How this became, "Now we don't have to deal with all this constant confusion," is beyond me.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #128
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
As a side point Andrew, concerning your banner, I think you picked the wrong Turtle...Michelangelo out of all 4 of them (I would think) would surely take to the colors most fondly...
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #129
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior
 
The Purple Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the streets in norway 😉
Posts: 659
first noooooo to the colord bandanas this is to me a new start at the adult/mirage serie and it can only bee red save the colors fore the nic series that will coming later like they did in the old days but now its to late an it **** my day.when that said above if they want to go all the way with the uniform rafaels uniform from the wresling days had been nice and a cool fore the turtles with red bandanas and i see that is more of the red fans than of the color so bad move idw
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #130
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzythebulldog View Post
first noooooo to the colord bandanas this is to me a new start at the adult/mirage serie and it can only bee red save the colors fore the nic series that will coming later like they did in the old days but now its to late an it **** my day.when that said above if they want to go all the way with the uniform rafaels uniform from the wresling days had been nice and a cool fore the turtles with red bandanas and i see that is more of the red fans than of the color so bad move idw
lolwut

..............................
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #131
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
lolwut

..............................


Ditto.

& I ain't talkin' Pokemon.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #132
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior
 
TonySiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 638
There needs to be a Ninja Turtle community mutiny to bring back the red.

[this debate is never going to end is it?]
__________________



"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #133
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySiegel View Post
There needs to be a Ninja Turtle community mutiny to bring back the red.

[this debate is never going to end is it?]
Sadly,no. If the red is brought back I am dropping it. Red symbolizes the turtles how they first started out as a gritty settlng and the fact they kill. Its like how Batman started out but he evolved to be many things. One thing that sticks is the fact he DOESN'T KILL! The TMNT are the same way. Its also the fact it stuck to the the Mirage Comics and never went out of the comics. The mutli-colored mask have become definitive. Outside of this sub-section of this MB most people associate the TMNT as orange=Mike, blue=Leo, Don=purple.

Outside of this board I never met anyone who liked them all looking like Raph. I was shocked people actually liked it. Its also
that the four different colored mask are overwhelming more popular overall no matter what a poll like this in one sub-section of one MB says. The different color mask are apart of who the turtles are and for it to be said any other way is ignorant! Its been apart of everything except the black and white comics for a reason.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 01-30-2012 at 06:04 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #134
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Everybody who doesn't agree with me has no right to an opinion!

My opinions are facts!

Anyone who would drop a book over a color change is not a real turtle fan.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #135
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
Sadly,no. If the red is brought back I am dropping it. Red symbolizes the turtles how they first started out as a gritty settlng and the fact they kill. Its like how Batman started out but he evolved to be many things. One thing that sticks is the fact he DOESN'T KILL! The TMNT are the same way. Its also the fact it stuck to the the Mirage Comics and never went out of the comics. The mutli-colored mask have become definitive. Outside of this sub-section of this MB most people associate the TMNT as orange=Mike, blue=Leo, Don=purple.

Outside of this board I never met anyone who liked them all looking like Raph. I was shocked people actually liked it. Its also
that the four different colored mask are overwhelming more popular overall no matter what a poll like this in one sub-section of one MB says. The different color mask are apart of who the turtles are and for it to be said any other way is ignorant! Its been apart of everything except the black and white comics for a reason.
You are wrong on so many levels.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #136
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
One thing that sticks is the fact he DOESN'T KILL!
Except batman have killed, or have had killing as intent, even in recent time.

Spoiler:




And All-Star Batman is a whole different can of worms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
them all looking like Raph.
Just for people with poor eye for details, especially when they have different skin colors in the IDW comic. Or am I among the few that haven't had any issues seeing the differences?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #137
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
Except batman have killed, or have had killing as intent, even in recent time.
True. In Batman#1 he swore never to again. The character started out one way and quickly evolved to the point that killing is against his philosophy. The TMNT started that way in the black and white comics but elsewhere its not the case.


Quote:
And All-Star Batman is a whole different can of worms...
Yeah, that is Frank Miller on a high and then some. Its elseworlds anyway.

Quote:
Just for people with poor eye for details, especially when they have different skin colors in the IDW comic. Or am I among the few that haven't had any issues seeing the differences?
The skin color tints change each time its put to use so trying to remember which one is a certain tone each time around is tricky. The mask are different colors now so I am satisfied.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #138
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Can we all agree at least that ozzy should be made King of the Drome?
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #139
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Come on guys, he's not a native English speaker. Cut him some slack.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #140
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I'm pretty sure Batman did not do his woe to never kill again in Batman #1

Ozzy is Norwegian?

Oi, Ozzy. Skjer med engelsk skrivinga di?

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 01-30-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.