The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #121
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984TMNT View Post
Then why would they have Japanese characters on these uniforms? Weird.... Perhaps these guys are the foot, dressed this way for only 1 particular scene / operation where it would be applicable?
I guess that's kind of what I meant when I said maybe they're ninjas and this is how they dress. They may just not have wanted people running around NYC in ninja suits, just trying to make the 'ninja clan in 2014 NYC' thing seem a little less ridiculous.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #122
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
The Foot being given a militaristic look in and of itself doesn't bother me. Kind of like Ra's Al Ghul's ninjas in the final scenes of Batman Begins and even the Imagi TMNT movie and to a degree the later Mirage Foot and Foot Tech in the 4Kids series lend themselves to slight military look.

The fact that it seems to point to the Foot actualy being a military group under the command of alien colonel Schrader that is what is truly bothersome.

Also those masks are weird. Are they supposed to be the actual faces or actual disguises in the story? I can't for the life of me think of a scenerio were in a TMNT story were the foot have to do that. It doesn't send off alarm bells but does confuse the hell out of me.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #123
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
I guess that's kind of what I meant when I said maybe they're ninjas and this is how they dress. They may just not have wanted people running around NYC in ninja suits, just trying to make the 'ninja clan in 2014 NYC' thing seem a little less ridiculous.
Ah, yeah....that seems very plausible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
The Foot being given a militaristic look in and of itself doesn't bother me. Kind of like Ra's Al Ghul's ninjas in the final scenes of Batman Begins and even the Imagi TMNT movie and to a degree the later Mirage Foot and Foot Tech in the 4Kids series lend themselves to slight military look.

The fact that it seems to point to the Foot actualy being a military group under the command of alien colonel Schrader that is what is truly bothersome.

Also thos masks are weird. Are they supposed to be the actual Foot faces or actual disguises in the story? I can't for the life of me think of a scenerio were in a TMNT story were the foot have to do that. It doesn't send off alarm bells but does confuse the hell out of me.
I agree the masks are very odd. I'm hoping that this does not point to Schrader and the whole military aspect of the original script, but at this point I'm not sure what to think or what this is actually pointing to.
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #124
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Well, the Foot always wear masks, so I could accept that this is just how they cover their faces.

They look to be carrying knives? Who knows whether they had ninja weapons or guns when they were filming. That sure would answer questions...
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #125
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
If you guys wanna really dig into this, somebody can figure out what's written on this guy's shoulder.

Spoiler:
It says "2 9." Not like the way you would normally write "twent-nine," but just "two nine."

Also, that's a girl, right? I actually thought it was Megan Fox at first, hence my interpreting it as a stupid disguise-yourself-as-a-bad-guy scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
If you compare it to the symbol that the foot had in the original movie you could see some similarities.
Nooooooope.


Last edited by Cipher; 05-06-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #126
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Not to happy about April being a reporter, and those Foot Soldiers look stupid. They don't even look like Ninjas at all.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #127
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,395
Probably during the last rewrite when Paramount shut down production, some compromises were made. Basically... "OK, we'll make them mutants again... but we're keeping Colonel Shrader, and the Foot will remain a military unit... but they'll be a Japanese military unit!"
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #128
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
My thought is maybe they wear the masks to commit robberies. This time around, the Foot could be covering as a military base and do crime on the side. That's the way I look at it, hence the masks. But if that's not the case, then they look weird.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #129
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,395
The "mask"? Uh... I'm about 80% sure it's because the guy in that picture is to be shown from afar, probably in a mob of other Foot Soldiers (now, literally Foot Soldiers) who are supposed to be Japanese. You know, so far back that to the camera, you can't tell if it's a face or a mask.

They'll have the actual Japanese or Can-Pass-for-Japanese-at-a-Glance guys in the forefront.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #130
fshocker
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6
megan fox on set fake image

This image is just funny of what megan fox might look like on set. Found it on the tmntfanpage on facebook


fshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #131
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Probably during the last rewrite when Paramount shut down production, some compromises were made. Basically... "OK, we'll make them mutants again... but we're keeping Colonel Shrader, and the Foot will remain a military unit... but they'll be a Japanese military unit!"
Yeah...
I'm willing to bet they'll keep Dimension X in there too. whatever they had planned for the sequel was surely dependent on it. And it's gotta be nuts..
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #132
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
If the Foot Clan aren't Ninjas anymore then how the heck do the Turtles learn martial arts? Yoshi has always come from the Foot Clan, and either his pet rat Splinter learns martial arts from him and teaches to the Turtles, or he becomes Splinter and teaches it to the Turtles.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #133
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
If the Foot Clan aren't Ninjas anymore then how the heck do the Turtles learn martial arts? Yoshi has always come from the Foot Clan, and either his pet rat Splinter learns martial arts from him and teaches to the Turtles, or he becomes Splinter and teaches it to the Turtles.
Maybe he learns it from somewhere else and passes it on?
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #134
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
I'm starting to wonder if someone is abusing the tag system.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #135
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Somebody keeps adding "cybercubed thinks deep" to all the threads I make.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #136
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by fshocker View Post
This image is just funny of what megan fox might look like on set. Found it on the tmntfanpage on facebook


That is neat how that is done, but I do not like that look for the Turtles I hope they don't look that way in the movie!
__________________
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #137
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphfan84 View Post
That is neat how that is done, but I do not like that look for the Turtles I hope they don't look that way in the movie!
Yeah, something about the eyes is off....and he is too stocky/bulky, in my opinion.

Pretty sure this has nothing to do with how they will actually look in the movie, however.
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #138
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Don’t worry, that above picture is a complete fake. I would assume the Turtles’ designs will be more “grounded” and “real”. I’m actually more interested in what they’ve come up with for Splinter.

As for the military aspect, I've conceded that its probably still in. I'm pretty positive Will Arnett is playing Colonel Schrader. As has been said I think the compromise was to turn the Turtles back into mutants, whilst keeping everything else.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #139
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Don’t worry, that above picture is a complete fake. I would assume the Turtles’ designs will be more “grounded” and “real”. I’m actually more interested in what they’ve come up with for Splinter.
Unless the turtles are designed to be ugly looking, not sure how much more real they can make them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #140
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Yeah I was actually thinking about that today as to what Splinter would look like. I am also curious as who there casting for Shredder and as what way he will look also...as far as how big or small they will go with his blades and such on his shoulders and such?
__________________
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, megan fox, movie casting


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.