The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #121
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Gah! Stupid country blocks. >.< These are the days I miss living in the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiekarin View Post
I feel your pain, Teddy...
Not a problem if you guys are using Google Chrome with Hola.
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:21 PM   #122
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Gah! Stupid country blocks. >.< These are the days I miss living in the US.
HA! It's not just country blocks. Right now, I have Direct TV satellite, and apparently they are in a contract dispute with Fox, so until they can come to an agreement on something, Direct TV has no choice but to pull the plug on all Fox programming. I know other cities are having the same problems with CBS and it sucks how these premium TV providers and the broadcast channels are using the consumer, us, as a means to an end. It's greed on their part. The broadcast stations already make their money via commercials, why do they need to now charge a fee for satellite/cable providers to use them, when in reality, all the providers are doing is making sure that their stations are being watched by more people. The more people watching, the more chance they are catching the commercials, the more commercials that are being watched, the more money the stations can start to charge to advertise on their station. What can I say, these business men, for some reason, are making watching TV and movies a challenge for us. You'd think they would want as many people watching their sh!t with the least amount of hassel.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:33 PM   #123
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Hmm, that's weird. I get DirecTV and Fox is showing on mine though there was a brief difficulty a few weeks ago. I have it tuned to the football game right now.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #124
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant
 
saintsaucey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: indiana
Posts: 419
Having never seen BTILC I didn't get the refference at all. I did recognize James Hongs voice.

Loved the yellow jumpsuit line and the comment about Irma having powers deffinantly has me intrigued.

I felt they wasted an oportunity to do a serious Mortal Combat rip off. When the first thug was given lightning powers I imediately thought of Raiden. I was rooting for the other two to become scorpion and subzero. Donnie even annoyed me in this episode but the Casey is just as bad.

I still don't like Casey's design. They've made him more iron man than batman.

How are they powering the battle shell with out the power crystal
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:38 AM   #125
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
Having never seen BTILC I didn't get the refference at all. I did recognize James Hongs voice.

Loved the yellow jumpsuit line and the comment about Irma having powers deffinantly has me intrigued.

I felt they wasted an oportunity to do a serious Mortal Combat rip off. When the first thug was given lightning powers I imediately thought of Raiden. I was rooting for the other two to become scorpion and subzero. Donnie even annoyed me in this episode but the Casey is just as bad.

I still don't like Casey's design. They've made him more iron man than batman.

How are they powering the battle shell with out the power crystal
Caseys design is made of hockey equipment it looks as it should , don't understand how he looks like ironman
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:43 AM   #126
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
How are they powering the battle shell with out the power crystal
Towards the ending of The Pulverizer it was shown that the turtles lost the power cell/crystal and had to manually push the Shellraiser home, back to Donnie's lab/garage. In the next episode, TCRI, they were shown using the Go Karts (Donnie: it's a Patrol Buggy! ) to chase the Kraang's helicopter. And then in the following episode, Cockroach Terminator, the Shellraiser was shown fully functioning again and even had upgrades (manhole cover launcher and built-in Stealth Bike).

My speculation is that Donnie spent his time from the ending of The Pulverizer to the beginning of Cockroach Terminator fixing up the Shellraiser, changed the powering mechanism (could be batteries, fuel or other portable power generators), added new weapons, and built the Stealth Bike into it (it was also never mentioned what was powering the Stealth Bike and Go... erm Patrol Buggy, but their engine sounds suggest they are gasoline powered). And then he used the left over parts and batteries to build Spy-roach's strap-on gears.

But whatever is powering the Shellraiser now, it has to be something generating electricity since Leatherhead's subway car was originally electric-powered, and the power cell was also generating electricity to power the Shellraiser previously. Besides, electricity is needed anyway to power all the other weapons, lights, cameras and monitor displays in the Shellraiser itself.
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:51 AM   #127
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I think it is electricity because I remember one of the writers saying that a scene was cut explaining how the Shellraiser was working again even though they'd written it in.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:12 AM   #128
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Thank God for Hola.

Great episode, love the supernatural power effects. And Irma! She has power???

Ho Chan is such a hillarious villain, he makes a L (loser) symbol on his forehead to the Purple Dragons! That's when I totally lost it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
"I see.. a yellow jumpsuit.... no, it's just a t-shirt" it.
This show is such a blessing. OT April ftw.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:07 AM   #129
PRD13
Random Punk
 
PRD13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 18
I doubt Irma has any actual powers, I think it was just a nod to BTILC, because Ho Chan was noticing her green eyes.

Splinter, Shredder and Tiger Claw have all spoken Japanese with subtitles before, it would have been a nice touch to have Ho Chan speak Chinese at least whilst doing his incantations.

I get that Donnie and Casey are both snotty, horny teenagers, but the opening scene did seem out of character for both of them, and it seems odd that April is so passive about it.
PRD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #130
Tiekarin
Mouser
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Uh interesting episode. The only thing I got out of it was that Irma also has powers. Plus, was it just me or did her skirt look like the Tardis?
Actually, that was my exact thought, when I first saw Irma.


Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Not a problem if you guys are using Google Chrome with Hola.
You are the best! Thank you!

All in all, the episode was really not as bad as I imagined.
Tiekarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #131
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Towards the ending of The Pulverizer it was shown that the turtles lost the power cell/crystal and had to manually push the Shellraiser home, back to Donnie's lab/garage. In the next episode, TCRI, they were shown using the Go Karts (Donnie: it's a Patrol Buggy! ) to chase the Kraang's helicopter. And then in the following episode, Cockroach Terminator, the Shellraiser was shown fully functioning again and even had upgrades (manhole cover launcher and built-in Stealth Bike).

My speculation is that Donnie spent his time from the ending of The Pulverizer to the beginning of Cockroach Terminator fixing up the Shellraiser, changed the powering mechanism (could be batteries, fuel or other portable power generators), added new weapons, and built the Stealth Bike into it (it was also never mentioned what was powering the Stealth Bike and Go... erm Patrol Buggy, but their engine sounds suggest they are gasoline powered). And then he used the left over parts and batteries to build Spy-roach's strap-on gears.

But whatever is powering the Shellraiser now, it has to be something generating electricity since Leatherhead's subway car was originally electric-powered, and the power cell was also generating electricity to power the Shellraiser previously. Besides, electricity is needed anyway to power all the other weapons, lights, cameras and monitor displays in the Shellraiser itself.
Or the stealth bike and manhole cover launcher were already there and we never saw a scene where they were introduced.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I think it is electricity because I remember one of the writers saying that a scene was cut explaining how the Shellraiser was working again even though they'd written it in.
According to Turtle Master the scene had donnie replacing the motor with a diesel engine.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #132
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
he makes a L (loser) symbol on his forehead to the Purple Dragons!
that part was really funny but as a villian for this and similiar plot lines, i felt that it couldve been a whole lot better

this episode turned out as i hoped parasitica wouldve been

bit of a indirect nod to parasitica but both eps were #23 in both seasons, so i think that ep #23 in season 3 and 4 might have sorta the same jist but 1 involving the kraang/shredder having the control and only raph or leo not being caught up during whatever process
__________________

Last edited by Ashwolf; 09-08-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #133
Geranus
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
See the official kraang's droid and will understand what is so special in Irma

Excuse my English I do not speak
Geranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #134
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Alright, this is something that's really ticking me off: Didn't they ALREADY resolve Donnie and Casey's rivalry in Wormquake? For God's sake, now they're buddies again and that's going to change in the next episode. I can't stand this whole Apriltello thing: stop writing it in, it's ruining the show for lots of people. Have Donnie let go of April and his character will get so much better.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:05 PM   #135
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
This episode was sort of okay. The most annoying thing about it was Don vs Casey. I swear this is by far the worst episode that handles this issue. It's nice that they worked together eventually but for the most part, they both just got on my freaking nerves. Don is such a pawn to April and Casey was so clingy. Irma's line where she wonders what she sees in him (not sure if she is falling for him yet) makes me feel like she needs to be in this show more often. Is it weird that I like Irma more than April in this show?
I'll take Irma over April any day of the week. April and Donnie have been ruined for me due to this whole crush thing. Like, Mikey acts like an idiot, but at least they've stopped doing that. Most of the episodes that April isn't in, such as Newtralizer for an example, are episodes I usually like since Donnie isn't freaking out over her.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:23 PM   #136
Gorilla Grodd
Thug
 
Gorilla Grodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Gorilla City
Posts: 65
This episode really made me want to go back and rewatch Big Trouble in Little China since I haven't seen it since I was a kid and remember very little about it.

Also to anyone having trouble getting the Nick.com video to load, if you do a little Google-Fu you can find /co/ archive pages with download links to the episode.
__________________
Gorilla Grodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #137
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant
 
saintsaucey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: indiana
Posts: 419
I just don't like the idea of casey wearing pads, and the glove with the shock prod is too much. at least his face wasn't painted this time.

I really want Irma to have powers
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #138
Geranus
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Irma is the kraang officer, see the season finale trailer
Geranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #139
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
Alright, this is something that's really ticking me off: Didn't they ALREADY resolve Donnie and Casey's rivalry in Wormquake? For God's sake, now they're buddies again and that's going to change in the next episode. I can't stand this whole Apriltello thing: stop writing it in, it's ruining the show for lots of people. Have Donnie let go of April and his character will get so much better.
Id rather have April quit being a tease and just give Donnie a shot. I like his personality a helluva lot better than Casey's.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #140
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geranus View Post
Irma is the kraang officer, see the season finale trailer
but the kraang officer is voiced by gilbert god freid
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.