The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2016, 11:38 AM   #121
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Went out hunting for movie stuff, didn't find a whole lot (Walmart and Target had zilch), but my TRU did have a little bit of the Mega Bloks. Had the little single packs ($3.99), got all four of the guys to start with. AND I found the Leo & Rocksteady set! (Was $14.99, but their 20% off is still current. ) I did see a couple of the Mikey packs as well but passed, at least for now.

Haven't opened them yet, but looks like Rocksteady's bike has some light up part on the motorcycle. I wasn't sure if the Turtles in these sets were wearing goggles or sunglasses or what, but looks like it's sunglasses.



Spoiler:




Edit: Unboxed and put together. (Pardon the dusty printer, just considerate it 'atmosphere.' )









Do wish they hadn't skipped the paint on their chests, but otherwise love the quality.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-29-2016 at 01:58 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:25 PM   #122
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist
 
thundermaster612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ninjago City
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That's a wonder that they'll buy it, not many would. (Granted I suppose they may be teaching the kids to do that if it gets them the toy...) The damn kids are always tearing up the little bit of toy crap that we have at my store. Leave it all over, never told NOT to destroy or open things that aren't theirs, never told to put it back. I don't get it. People didn't used to act that way or let their demon spawn do so.



Anyway... That's pretty cool that one set as a light up thing.

I actually encountered a little kid today at Target ripping open a Classics Mikey figure pack and I asked him what he was doing. He dropped the thing and ran like Shredder was gonna kill him
__________________
thundermaster612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:01 PM   #123
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
The leaflet posted earlier in the thread shows that all the vehicles/sets have a light up play feature. Evil red glowing horn makes me think of TMNT 2k3.

Close up of the regular Foot Soldier. Looks like something from GI Joe.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDi3vHII...y=herokenflatt

Last edited by Hero; 03-29-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:18 PM   #124
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Not quite sure where they got the idea of that 'horn' on the front, but the light feature is pretty cool. Don't know how the other sets light up, but the bike lights up if it 'senses' (for lack of a better word) movement. Tap the bike and it lights up for a moment.

Though I did try to blind myself with the red piece off when I was putting the bike together. lol So I guess fyi it's bright without that part on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermaster612 View Post
I actually encountered a little kid today at Target ripping open a Classics Mikey figure pack and I asked him what he was doing. He dropped the thing and ran like Shredder was gonna kill him
Can you come do that at my work?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:53 AM   #125
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
Eyesight is precious, mate. Maybe get some safety goggles for next time.

The lights representing the boosters on Mikey's turboboard are also activated the same way with a little tap.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:33 PM   #126
Angry_Raph
Foot Soldier
 
Angry_Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 112
Anyone finding the whole sets yet? Most of the sets are available but not all at any particular store. Still haven't seen the lair or the Walmart exclusive street strike set.
Angry_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:46 PM   #127
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Last I checked my TRU on Sunday they'd put the big ones out by then, the lair among them. Of the smaller sets I've only seen Leo/Rocksteady, the Mikey one, and now the Casey (and Bebop?) set.

My Walmart did not yet have any of the movie Mega Bloks out when I got a few of the Playmates figures Sunday.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:58 PM   #128
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist
 
thundermaster612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ninjago City
Posts: 1,214
My mom told me she saw the lair at the store, sadly she didn't take pics I might pick it up sometime
__________________
thundermaster612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:01 PM   #129
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist
 
thundermaster612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ninjago City
Posts: 1,214
Don't know if this has been posted yet BUUUT I'm too lazy to check so here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avabHPZrYLo
__________________
thundermaster612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:39 AM   #130
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
JustSo I recently purchased the the Rock Steady Moto tack hand Bebop Moto attack and it concerns me once I put their hands on the bars of their motorcycle the hands quickly developed stress marks which is very concerning because I am afraid that the hands will eventually break off and I do Wonder does anyone have this problem with these figures?

It's Times Like These I wish Mega Bloks would develop more rubbery Pair of Hands or something to make it last longer I can't recall but I'm sure there's a way to fix this by using hot water and freezing them or something like that other than that are very nice set and they do better than Playmates admittedly.

I also want to add that the classics Bebop and Rocksteady their hands seem can be made of a better plastic I have to wonder are cheapening plastic on this line?
__________________

i ship it.

Last edited by METALHEAD; 04-08-2016 at 03:02 AM.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:45 AM   #131
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,067
Has anyone purchased the Battle Truck (DPF82) yet?
I'm curious what sound it makes.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:28 PM   #132
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist
 
thundermaster612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ninjago City
Posts: 1,214
Probably goes vroom vroom or something...
And I have seen it but I haven't purchased it, I want to get the action figure version
__________________
thundermaster612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:39 PM   #133
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
Been backtracking to the previously posted images of the boxed single figures and the blindbags. There doesn't seem to be much different between the lineup.

The blindbags have a Donatello with different colored camo trousers and a Trenchcoat Raph, and that's it.

The boxes offer an extra style of Foot Solider.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:55 PM   #134
EddieNES
Stone Warrior
 
EddieNES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
Has anyone purchased the Battle Truck (DPF82) yet?
I'm curious what sound it makes.
Just a basic shooting sound. Almost like a cannon from far away.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:09 PM   #135
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
Toys R Us in Frederick, MD had a lot of the new movie Mega Bloks tonight!
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:22 AM   #136
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I picked up a few more yesterday, just can't help it.

got the bebop and rocksteady vehicle sets. Okay, that's it. I AM DONE with the mega bloks until they go on sale. I refuse to buy anymore at full price. I look forward to buying the tartaruga vehicle and the sewer lair once TRU has a nice discount (20% or more). The GREAT thing about mega bloks is they go on sale a lot (LEGO rarely goes on sale, or the sales are either paltry or on sets about to get cleared out aka really old stuff)

I now have all 7 of the "blind bag" figures from the movie line (even though they put them in marked mini boxes this time, which is awesome btw), to go with my set of the Nick Series 1 Mega Bloks blind bags.

I really love the figures from this line. The actual building block creations? IMO they lag behind lego by a significant margin, but a few (like the Tartaruga vehicle) are good.

Excited for Nick Series 2 blind bags. I really want a Splinter, Spike and Vision Quest Leo.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:49 AM   #137
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,067
I can confirm that the Raph Street Strike set has been released in Europe, as I received it this week from Germany.

Also got the Battle (Garbage) Truck, it's really nice in my opinion.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:02 AM   #138
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
All this talk about kids jacking toys... And I've only ever witnesses adults doing it
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:40 AM   #139
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
Stores in the north western Maryland area still seem to be holding stock of all the new movie line. I have managed to buy all of them with ease.
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:10 PM   #140
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734


Painted his palstron.
__________________

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tmnt 2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.