![]() |
|
|
#121 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,841
|
They are so overtextured that they are "wrinkley".
|
|
|
|
|
|
#122 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,658
|
The Goodsmile set was the same way, and yet those are now highly sought after.
Not saying it's how I prefer them to look, but it's an attempt to do something different, which I appreciate given how many figures are now just rehashing old designs or trying to evoke a certain version of the turtles. |
|
|
|
|
|
#123 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,841
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#124 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: May 2023
Posts: 223
|
The Goodsmile figures had unique designs in general. These to me are an odd mix of styles we’ve seen and doesn’t satisfy any of them for me personally. It’s like it wants to please Mirage + FW fans at same time which usually doesn’t work for me. The wrinkly skin on top just makes it worse.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#125 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 541
|
I dunno. I think these figures look amazing, but it's also one of those situations where I ordered them so long ago and they're selling for so much more than I paid for them... I don't know if I love them enough to not just sell them. Plus space is becoming a real issue with the glut of Turtles and X-Men products.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#126 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,130
|
I think the texture makes them look like they should have a rubbery feel, similar to the 1990 movie turtles from Playmates. I like that, but they're not rubbery so... I dunno, I bet these would fun to mess around with but like the above poster I think I'd likely sell them rather than have yet another version of the turtles on my shelf/in my closet.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#127 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,841
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#128 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
Got my set delivered today from Entertainment Earth. Busy working but I did open it to confirm nothing was missing or broken. I saw one person got a faulty box that had two leo and two mikey inside so I sure as heck didn't want that happening to me. All good
|
|
|
|
|
|
#129 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: May 2023
Posts: 223
|
Any precedents for Mezco doing something like a re-release with red masks?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#130 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
I heard rumors of a convention exclusive this year... no hard facts though. I would love if they just released a parts pack for owners of the first pack but that rarely happens. They want the whole bag.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#131 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,841
|
Absolutely precedent for it - Mezco has milked the Batman sculpts with suit changes, etc. So yup.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#132 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
I thought there might be some stock to be had after release date but apparently not, every site that carried these is bone dry. Usually their multipacks are not so hard to acquire after release. So I think that bodes well for some kind of alternate release or 2nd run down the road, since the demand is clearly there. They can't expect to sell as many Caseys or whatever comes after (hopefully Shredder is next in line, at least IMO) if they don't make the turtles easier for people to get to go along with them.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#133 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,752
|
Possible toon turtles tease: https://twitter.com/WrenchNato/statu...75347693982015
|
|
|
|
|
|
#134 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,948
|
Hrmmm ... okay, I might be down for some toon portrayal Mezco Turtles.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#135 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
I’m very happy with my first set so if they do a full toon set, it will have to be extraordinary. Afterall, toon stuff is very well covered by other companies so this lessens the temptation, for me at least.
On the other hand, if they offer this as an accessory add-on pack of some kind I’m more likely to bite. |
|
|
|
|
|
#136 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2020
Location: NY
Posts: 1,353
|
Toon accessory heads make the Mezco 4 pack appear more appealing but the lanky bodies don't make sense here.
Also, they would have to keep the color gradient the same as the original forest green figures which are way closer to the TMNT film than toon. But, I suppose this is their original take. |
|
|
|
|
|
#137 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,150
|
Quote:
For what it's worth it seems like Mezco can go either way on accessory packs or full reruns/variants. For example, they have done a few skulls head packs and several weapons add-on packs. On the other hand in Rumble Society alone we have 3 versions of Vapor, Over a dozen Gomez, 2 Pink Skulls sets, and a slew of other skulls. Oh and two Mosquatch. If I bought toon versions I would have to want to replace at least some of my NECA sets. It could happen though; for durability alone. Not saying Mezco's don't break. But my stress-posing Mezco figure is about 1/4 of what it is a NECA.
__________________
I have always liked Cowa-bunga! We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#138 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
No, the alternate Mezco heads are legit. Prototypes from China have been getting into the hands of collectors. Not sure if they're for a future release or something that got scrapped.
Spoiler:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#139 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 378
|
I would not be surprised if a toon variant set ended up being a convention exclusive.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#140 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 283
|
I’m so surprised how not much discourse is made on this thread for the Mezco turtles, arguably the greatest collectibles of this franchise.
Absolute classic and I wish I lived in the states. I would have bought these for sure. From favourite to least favourite turtle in this line: Leo > Raph > Donnie > Mikey. Last edited by Icegaze; 05-06-2024 at 10:19 AM. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|