The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #1381
Jay $tarkiller
Stone Warrior
 
Jay $tarkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dortmund, Germany
Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Hope that helps.
Indeed it does thx a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
There is a two issue Casey Jones North by Southeast which is crazy weird and I'm pretty sure the Turtles aren't in there at all.
I've never even heard of this one not to mention seen a cover or anything
__________________
Jay $tarkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #1382
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
There is a two issue Casey Jones North by Southeast which is crazy weird and I'm pretty sure the Turtles aren't in there at all.
The Turtles don't play a big role in the story, but they do appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph12 View Post
I've never even heard of this one not to mention seen a cover or anything




They're still available.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #1383
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Casey is my #1 favorite character (turtles aside) and yet I've never read those books. I really ought to buy copies soon!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #1384
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Casey is my #1 favorite character (turtles aside) and yet I've never read those books. I really ought to buy copies soon!
You might still be able to buy them from Mirage Studios. That's where I got my copies.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #1385
mrmaczaps
Banned
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,619
Any one have any exp in figuring a price tag on original TMNT art?

Its a page from Tales #70 and its got Raph fighting one Foot Ninja without his weapons while tied by a chain to the ceiling.

This page is mine, but for buying more art, I'd like to get an idea how artists come up with their price tags.

Thanks!
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #1386
frank_one
Mad Scientist
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 2,235
It is from the last issues of Tales vol 2, it is done on Duoshade paper (I think) and it is from a story that belongs to the famous Return to New York arc. I don't know about a price but these informations should add something to that price.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #1387
mrmaczaps
Banned
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
It is from the last issues of Tales vol 2, it is done on Duoshade paper (I think) and it is from a story that belongs to the famous Return to New York arc. I don't know about a price but these informations should add something to that price.
Yes, its Tales 70 which was Return to New York 1.5 I think.
Very nice page. Love Lawsons work.

Thanks for the info.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #1388
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Has Veith's River Trilogy ever been collected, and if so, in what trade?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #1389
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***The One True Shredder*** View Post
Has Veith's River Trilogy ever been collected, and if so, in what trade?
TMNT Collected Vol. 6

That's the only time it has ever been collected. A little hard to find and pricey on the aftermarket because of it. Beautiful A.C. Farley cover, too.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #1390
Jay $tarkiller
Stone Warrior
 
Jay $tarkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dortmund, Germany
Posts: 915
Hi,
I've just read that the Artobiography of Kevin Eastman will be released by IDW in July. Is this just a simple reissue of the one from Heavy Metal?!
__________________
Jay $tarkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #1391
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Anyone think we'll get some new Japanese Manga style comics again?
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #1392
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior
 
TMNachoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 827
Hello, guys!

Regarding the first 3 shredders that the tmnt fight in "Return to New York" saga, are they Elite guards´bodies-worms experiments as dan berger said or are they saki´s body-worms failed experiments? The comics don´t say anything about the elite guards so i am confused about that. Cheers.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #1393
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,220
I actually had a huge debate about that about a year ago. They've been called The Shredder Elite like once (probably by mistake), so I don't know where that came from. As far as I can tell, they're Saki "clones" that didn't come out quite right.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #1394
Triceraton Jones
Random Punk
 
Triceraton Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Portsmouth U.K
Posts: 41
Yeah I've always stuck with the Saki clones gone wrong idea
Triceraton Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #1395
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Is idw collecting ALL of volume 1 in color ? ( issue 8 aside)
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #1396
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Is idw collecting ALL of volume 1 in color ? ( issue 8 aside)
IDW editor Bobby Curnow actually just addressed that this afternoon:

http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewt...128&start=1920

They're stopping at issue #11 due to low sales. No telling if/when they'll do more.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:55 AM   #1397
thingy
Foot Soldier
 
thingy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 111
Something I've been wondering about for a while...

The only Tales Vol. 2 trade I have is the second one with #5 and the Blind Sight mini. #5 doesn't have its frontispiece. Was this done for all the issues in other volumes or just this one?
thingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:47 AM   #1398
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,220
Must have been just that one. The rest definitely had frontpieces.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #1399
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior
 
John Pannozzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 762
From what I understand, Mirage's Tales v.2 trades omitted the frontispieces.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Santo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #1400
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,220
No, they definitely have them.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.