The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #1401
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
He really does have quite the legacy as Raphael - it's going to make his take on Donatello all the more interesting! As a side note, really looking forward to hearing Astin as the new Raph, I think he's going to do a great job.
Same here, Donnie! Can't wait for Raph to kick some shell again on Nick!
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #1402
Tabetaira Hamato
Thug
 
Tabetaira Hamato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canary Islands
Posts: 92
I think I've read a lot of comments in youtube (and now in the forum) about how everyone love Rob Paulsen as Raphael. And that's fine, of course . The thing is, I hardly ever watched the old cartoon when I was little (I'm not sure why...) and if I did, it would have been in Spanish, so I don't feel or wouldn't have felt any sort of attachment for his voice as Raph whatsoever. I'm just judging by my hearing and my taste, I guess. The funny thing is, I don't like their Spanish voices either They sound way too mature for teenagers.

I do hope Astin will prove me wrong and will do an excellent job as Raphael as well as Rob Paulsen as Donatello.
__________________
[Searching for a quote/image/gif/whatever ]
Tabetaira Hamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #1403
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
I think Astin's Raphael will be the most subtle version of him we've ever had, which is fine by me. He'll surely sound more like a teenager than Greg Abbey did.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #1404
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I thought that Grey's Raph was pretty good. Not as legendary as OT Raph's voice, but still good.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #1405
Tabetaira Hamato
Thug
 
Tabetaira Hamato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canary Islands
Posts: 92
I like Grey's Raph a lot even if he sounded a bit too mature for a teenager
__________________
[Searching for a quote/image/gif/whatever ]
Tabetaira Hamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #1406
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
He was great, he just wasn't believable as a teenager is all I'm saying. He's not the only Turtle VA guilty of this over the years of course.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #1407
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
If we have new episodes through 2015, that could mean at the minimum 52 episodes, 13 for season 2 and 13 for season 3, though I hope it lasts longer than that or have more episodes for Season 2 and beyond. And for those wondering about that movie, that looks to still be live action, but is still only in the "in development" stage, and shooting probably wouldn't occur until sometime next year. As for voices, I'll just expect the typical straight Leo from Jason Biggs (close to his normal voice), a nice sarcastic Astin, though Mike's (always the most distinctive character voice), Kraang aliens (how close to Pat Fraley's Krang will it sound?) and Shredder's (due to the menancing nature that Nick is looking for) are the voices that I'm anticipating the most. Plus I'm sure with an Asian VA for Splinter we'll have a nice voice for him. Since April's voice tends to be straight, for those familiar with Amber from the show Parenthood, expect April's voice close to that.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #1408
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
If we have new episodes through 2015, that could mean at the minimum 52 episodes, 13 for season 2 and 13 for season 3, though I hope it lasts longer than that or have more episodes for Season 2 and beyond. And for those wondering about that movie, that looks to still be live action, but is still only in the "in development" stage, and shooting probably wouldn't occur until sometime next year. As for voices, I'll just expect the typical straight Leo from Jason Biggs (close to his normal voice), a nice sarcastic Astin, though Mike's (always the most distinctive character voice), Kraang aliens (how close to Pat Fraley's Krang will it sound?) and Shredder's (due to the menancing nature that Nick is looking for) are the voices that I'm anticipating the most. Plus I'm sure with an Asian VA for Splinter we'll have a nice voice for him. Since April's voice tends to be straight, for those familiar with Amber from the show Parenthood, expect April's voice close to that.
sounds good to me
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #1409
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
Looking at that picture. Says the show will be "stripped" on Nickelodeon.

Which means it'll run in the same time-slot daily. At least while it's new.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #1410
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Neato, tons of turtle action to look forward to.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #1411
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,180
Can't say I'm excited to see the new mutants, the designs aren't terrible but with so many other established mutants why create two new ones that aren't that great in the first place. I'm sold on April, not yet on Splinter. SHredder looks fat in a few pictures but he's cool. Leatherface and Metalhead look awesome. I can't believe we're going back to unpainted weapons, it almost makes the 2k3 toys seem of better quality than these.. Maybe I wouldn't be disappointed if they hadn't tried to trick us with the studio photos first..

The committed at least until 2015 is good news however it may mean only 20 episodes per year if we go by their usual 20 episodes per year rule. Not too bad so maybe we'll get 10 episodes this fall, 10 in the spring and so on so by 2015 we'd have at least 60 episodes..
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #1412
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Leatherface and Metalhead look awesome.
Leatherface.... tehe. Mysterycolor will get a kick out of this.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #1413
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

The committed at least until 2015 is good news however it may mean only 20 episodes per year if we go by their usual 20 episodes per year rule. Not too bad so maybe we'll get 10 episodes this fall, 10 in the spring and so on so by 2015 we'd have at least 60 episodes..
They already confirmed Season 1 is 26 episodes. So if they do 26 each season its the same 4kids did.

We'll hit 100 episodes by Season 4.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #1414
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Can't seem to find that picture that was posted last page. I either get a bunch of links or "403 forbidden"
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #1415
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Can't seem to find that picture that was posted last page. I either get a bunch of links or "403 forbidden"
Clink on the link Gobo posted and then copy and paste the URL into your address bar. That was the only way I could get it to show up for me!
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #1416
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152
Here is a close up pic to the Donatello screen



more pictures here
http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-...-awesome-5408/
__________________
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #1417
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone-master21 View Post
Here is a close up pic to the Donatello screen



more pictures here
http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-...-awesome-5408/
Thanks for the link!
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #1418
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Those pics are pretty awesome!
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #1419
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
SO pumped...
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #1420
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
What do they mean by "stripped on Nickelodeon in 2013?"

I assume that means weekday airings?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.