The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2017, 01:58 PM   #1441
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a4/a7/36/a...ckey-mouse.jpg

I'll let you in on a little secret ...

Spoiler:
Ciro (and the rest of the 2k12 showrunners, for that matter) NEVER cared about the "true" fans of TMNT. If they did, they probably wouldn't have even created their show in the first place.

They were largely concerned with their own vision of the TMNT.
You know what, you're right, they didn't care about what some of the fans had to say about their show, and good for them. If they had we would have gotten and entirely different show than the high quality program that they felt was an acceptable interpretation of what the TMNT stands for. Instead of pandering to whiny fans, they put out the best product they could, this new show is not doing that. They are appealing to the new, younger, "hip" fans. Which I suppose is not a bad thing, we'll just have to wait and see what the quality is like.
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 01:59 PM   #1442
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL, I wonder if we're going to see all the same villains again.

If Tiger Claw appears in this show Eric Bauza won't be voicing him since he's Splinter now.
If Tiger Claw is in this show, maybe Hoon Lee will voice him
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 02:01 PM   #1443
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
If Tiger Claw is in this show, maybe Hoon Lee will voice him
Funny

I hope he's used in future...and KMR.
newfan is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 02:02 PM   #1444
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,188
Casey should definitely not be black, at least with April there's some roots to her being black but not Casey. If they want another black character they should bring Carter back instead of introducing Casey and he could have a similar role. Carter needs redemption as a character!

Yeah, I think this show will go full on with the changes and be totally different from anything we've seen before likely alienating a large part of the fandom. I'm calling it now, Shredder might not be in the show and if he is he'll be like in The Next Mutation only appearing from time to time, and most mutants will be original ones. They want to steer clear from what has been done before, if not they would've just continued the 2012 show with more seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So the press release is still about "unlocking the mystical secrets of NYC" and, "a world underneath their lair they never knew existed."

Almost makes it sound like there's some underground magical place or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Looks like black April really is canon now. I wonder if Casey will still be white whenever he shows up.
sdp is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 02:13 PM   #1445
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
April's parents could be an Irish father and African american mother, that would explain her Irish last name.
Not nessessarily. In the pre-emancipation era the slaves would be given the last name of their masters. And that surname will still carry through the male line after slavery was abolished.


So while having an Irish father and African American mother is plausible it’s not the only reason an Irish name would be possible.
__________________
victory_angel is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #1446
biganimefan
Foot Soldier
 
biganimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 233
Honestly, after talking about this with my wife, I think the changes with Leo and Raph could work. Raphael is the "enthusiastic leader full of bravado". I think I can see that with him(especially the bravado), not sure about his quality of leadership but we'll have to wait and see I guess. Leonardo as the "charming rebel" I can see too. Both Raph and Leo have always been strong "A Type" personalities. I can easily see Leo having a difficult time adjusting to Raph being the leader even if he turns out to be a good one.
biganimefan is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 02:21 PM   #1447
Meliwen
Foot Soldier
 
Meliwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 157
I'm a little worried about how this will play out, but mostly excited.

Self-professed cool guy rebel Leo? Sure, why not. Self-professed cool guy sounds like a different take on dorky Leo. Just because he calls himself cool, doesn't mean he necessarily is. And Leo in the Nick show has gone solo enough times, so rebel Leo might not be such a huge difference in his character, depending on how far they take it. I think overall Leo can benefit from this, especially if this allows him to actually grow into the typical Leo we know by his own merits, rather than stating out as teacher's pet/perfect son/best ninja, because I really find that sort of boring and irritating, depending on how much they play it up. And if he's like that from the beginning, there's not as much room for him to grow than there could be otherwise.

For Raph, I wonder if he'll actually be a decent leader, or if he's clearly not quite cut out for the position from the onset. They could play up his protective nature and voice of reason from the Nick show, and Raph could be fine as leader with those qualities, especially if they focus on his protectiveness, which could fit in nicely with being the older brother. Bravado doesn't have to mean he wouldn't be a good leader with it, but we'll have to see. I just hope Raph isn't an utter failure in his new role.

I don't mind Leo becoming leader later, in fact that could be really neat to see, but just as long as it's not because Raph just sucks so much as leader, because that would just be a bit of a bummer.
Meliwen is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 02:47 PM   #1448
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior
 
John Pannozzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Mikey gets the only real bonus of actually exploring the artistic thing.
My first thought was this could bring Mike closer to his Mirage incarnation.
John Pannozzi is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 02:53 PM   #1449
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,807
Doesn’t seem like the Turtles will have a crush on April this time around. I wondered if they would keep that or just have all of them crush on her like the original movie trilogy.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 02:56 PM   #1450
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Nickelodeon just posted a video about the new TMNT series and its new voice cast.



You can hear what they will sound like.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 02:57 PM   #1451
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Doesn’t seem like the Turtles will have a crush on April this time around. I wondered if they would keep that or just have all of them crush on her like the original movie trilogy.
We won't know that yet I suppose.
newfan is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:01 PM   #1452
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,807
First time we have black actors voicing Raph and Mike too, right? Mike sounds a lot different than usual.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #1453
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,188
Raph sounds fine, nothing special but fits Raph I guess he'll be a meathead like in the 2k3 show?

Leo I would need to hear more from, it could either be good or too mikey from that clip.

Donnie sounds too much like a stereotypical school nerd but I guess it could work.

Mikey is the only one I didn't like

April We only heard her laugh but if we go by her real voice it should be fine.

That's only based on that clip, I'm sure my opinions will change once I see the show.
sdp is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:07 PM   #1454
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,807
Mikey doesn't sound like the usual surfer/dude Mikey voice we've had in the last 3 cartoons and movies.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:11 PM   #1455
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Thank Glod for that.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:13 PM   #1456
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,807
Just realized half the cast is black this time. Raph, Mike and April will all be voiced by black actors.

Feels...oddly specific.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:16 PM   #1457
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Just realized half the cast is black this time. Raph, Mike and April will all be voiced by black actors.

Feels...oddly specific.
They could be all black for all I care. And why not? What is it about mutant turtles that screams "white dudes" to anyone?

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-02-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:19 PM   #1458
TurtleWA
Foot Elite
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 2,507
Leo sounds just about as nerdy/stereotypicalscience-guy as Donnie. I could not even notice much difference between the two voices. April and Raph voices are good. Mikey up in the air for me still.
TurtleWA is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:19 PM   #1459
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,188
They're mutated turtles, they're green regardless who voices them. Well I guess Mikey is white based on that one episode in the OT.
sdp is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:20 PM   #1460
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,167
I have to agree with Andrew the chick voicing april is pretty cute
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.