The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #1461
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I hope this show has real fight scenes, not those still-images fights you see in some other shows like Batman Brave and the Bold.
I'm sure it'll have real fight scenes, but:

Quote:
The clip included some anime influences and the use of emoticons. "We're taking the franchise and nickefying it," said Rich Magallanes, senior vp, Nickelodeon Animation, current series. " It is CG-meets-anime. We wanted a comic book feel and continue the mix of comedy and action. Overall, we went for a fresh vibe and look, while not getting rid of core elements and characters."
From here.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #1462
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Yeah, the only reason why I say this is the parts where the Foot go flying have these swirly-anime images in the background and seem like still scenes.

I wouldn't be able to enjoy the show if the fight scenes are kiddie or lame like that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #1463
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Look at this image:
\


Anyone worried the fight scenes will be static images like this with the Foot flying in the background? I see no contact here.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #1464
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Yeah, I know what you mean, that worries me too. But I'd assume (or wish) that it'll be something they do on the backgrounds, and play it with some sort of montage to "add more dynamism" to the scenes. There's contact in the other image, with Don kicking a Foot.

Spoiler:
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #1465
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
I dunno, it seems like there's going to be those swirling backgrounds like you see in some anime with Foot flying in the air.

I hope we get a video of this fight scene soon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #1466
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
The first season of the 4Kids cartoon cop-ed out royally and habitually when it came to anime-inspired "splash" scenes during fights. Sometimes they even reused the same animation. But the fight coordination got better over time.

So I wouldn't worry about the occasional flurry of background special FX in the Nick Toon.

It's not like Nick is gonna have Leonardo katana slice into human foot soldiers with extreme prejudice anyway.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #1467
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
There's motion blur in both of those shot (a lot less noticeable with Leo)

Even if the backgrounds are swirling, the turtles at least will still have movement.

EDIT: Looking at Leo again and now I'm not so sure. Either way it doesn't matter to me. I'm pretty sure I'll still enjoy it.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #1468
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
That type of fight scene was used pretty liberally in The Brave and the Bold. I still loved that show.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #1469
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
The turtles look so expressive, I love it. Shredder & the Foot are badass.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #1470
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPHAEL#1fan View Post
This guy looks so much badder-ass than the one at the amusement park.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #1471
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Man, I can't freakin' wait to see actual footage from the show! I just love everything I'm seeing. The textures, the colors. Shredder looks pretty scary too!
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #1472
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
That type of fight scene was used pretty liberally in The Brave and the Bold. I still loved that show.
But for Turtles I prefer actually action in the fight scenes, not swirling/floating baddies.

God I really hope Nick doesn't "kiddie up" the fight scenes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #1473
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
But for Turtles I prefer actually action in the fight scenes, not swirling/floating baddies.

God I really hope Nick doesn't "kiddie up" the fight scenes.
It's a kid's show. The violence will be kiddied up to a certain degree.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #1474
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
very cool pix! does this mean we can start a "Official Nick Toon Screencaps" thread now?
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #1475
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
It's a kid's show. The violence will be kiddied up to a certain degree.
So was the 4kids series and the fight scenes were excellent.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #1476
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So was the 4kids series and the fight scenes were excellent.
True, but I think Laird having a hand in that series had a lot to do with the final product.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #1477
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So was the 4kids series and the fight scenes were excellent.
And they were still kiddied up to a certain degree. Every kid's action show finds a way of doing it. Even 4Kids wasn't completely free of "swirly background splash shots."
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #1478
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
And they were still kiddied up to a certain degree. Every kid's action show finds a way of doing it. Even 4Kids wasn't completely free of "swirly background splash shots."
I know the Turtles aren't going to use their blades on human Foot Soldiers.

I still want to see actually contact, like kicks and punches. Even the original cartoon did this.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #1479
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I know the Turtles aren't going to use their blades on human Foot Soldiers.

I still want to see actually contact, like kicks and punches. Even the original cartoon did this.
I'm not really familiar with what ''action'' shows are on Nick but I have a feeling Tmnt won't stray too far from what is being done right now. But you never know.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #1480
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
I'm not really familiar with what ''action'' shows are on Nick but I have a feeling Tmnt won't stray too far from what is being done right now. But you never know.
Kung Fu Panda is the closest thing I can think of, given its CG and has action scenes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.