The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #141
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Got mine a few hours ago. After checking out the bonus interviews, I noticed that James Avery was either half-anusing his Shredder impersonation, or he just plain forgot how to do it. That's okay. We still love ya, Unca Phil! ^_^
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #142
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Got mine a few hours ago. After checking out the bonus interviews, I noticed that James Avery was either half-anusing his Shredder impersonation, or he just plain forgot how to do it. That's okay. We still love ya, Unca Phil! ^_^
When I interveiwed Mr.Avery a year or two ago, I kind of sprung it on him by surprise so he didn't have any time to prepare....but sometimes people just forget how to do a voice. It's probably like every other skill and they need to get into practice a bit.

Anyone spot it out in NJ yet? No stores had it, nor bothered to check in the back when I asked.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:59 AM   #143
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
When I interveiwed Mr.Avery a year or two ago, I kind of sprung it on him by surprise so he didn't have any time to prepare....but sometimes people just forget how to do a voice. It's probably like every other skill and they need to get into practice a bit.

Anyone spot it out in NJ yet? No stores had it, nor bothered to check in the back when I asked.
yeah same here in pittsburgh,p.a. looks like I'll just have to wait for the 13th
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:07 AM   #144
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior
 
TheShowstoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
I found it in two different best buys here where I live, however, I have yet to purchase it because I think the $34.99 price tag is a little steep. I'm going to wait until Tuesday to get it so I know I'm not going to be screwed.
__________________

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:31 AM   #145
LogicDonny
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShowstoppa View Post
I found it in two different best buys here where I live, however, I have yet to purchase it because I think the $34.99 price tag is a little steep. I'm going to wait until Tuesday to get it so I know I'm not going to be screwed.
if your a ninja turtle fan, the price doesn't matter and it's the entire 4th season so it's worth 35 bucks.

Also, people like James Avery who did the shredder.. it has been years since he done the voice so it would be hard to get it perfect..
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #146
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
BestBuy.com is even still listing it as being released next Tuesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
When I interveiwed Mr.Avery a year or two ago, I kind of sprung it on him by surprise so he didn't have any time to prepare....but sometimes people just forget how to do a voice. It's probably like every other skill and they need to get into practice a bit.
Hold up... Are you saying that you conducted this interview? O_o
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #147
dante1st
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4
That's a lot of episodes.
dante1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #148
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
BestBuy.com is even still listing it as being released next Tuesday.

Hold up... Are you saying that you conducted this interview? O_o
Not the one on the DVD, just for my website
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #149
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
The episodes with the "old" theme were aired in syndication. the "new" themed ones were on cbs. Even though the syndicated eps had the old theme, they retained the new end credits for some reason. Syndication tmnt and cbs tmnt never aired together, except on USA network. Unfortunately, the order of these isn't correct, but who cares?
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:17 PM   #150
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
Unfortunately, the order of these isn't correct, but who cares?
Fascist posers.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:52 PM   #151
SpiderHulkThing
Thug
 
SpiderHulkThing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 86
picked up the set today at bestbuy. I've watched all of disc 3 or which ever one has slash in it. Glad I got this and I hope they continue to release them in complete seasons. Weird thing is that it's been forever since I've watched this stuff, but it seems like I know exactly what's going to happen in just about every episode. I'm suprised my memory is that good.
__________________
Selling Old School TMNT, Now with Pics!

NEW LOWER PRICES

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=18449
SpiderHulkThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #152
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
The Shredder bonus feature with James Avery sounds really great! He really did try out for the new series you know, but didn't make it. I'd love to check out this feature and stuff although I don't plan on buying Season 4 anytime soon.
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:41 PM   #153
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I'm surprised that there are 3 intros, the Original, the second (and my personal favorite) and an abbreviated version of the second intro. Has anyone seen the 3rd intro before this DVD set?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #154
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Yep. It aired when CBS, for whatever reason, started showing edited episodes of their own series...most likley for commercial purposes. This was when the show was airing in 1995 or 1996, and there was a second older turtle episode from 1993-1991 that aired after the newer episode. The second episodes where sometimes edited...

At least we got that here in NY...dunno about the rest of the world. At least I got to tape 'Donatello's Badd Time' that way...too bad it was missing 10 seconds of show.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:04 AM   #155
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
I just saw the commercial for this durring Adult Swim.

I suddenly really wnat this.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:10 AM   #156
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'm surprised that there are 3 intros, the Original, the second (and my personal favorite) and an abbreviated version of the second intro. Has anyone seen the 3rd intro before this DVD set?
Even though there was full knowledge for quite a while of three different opening sequences (syndicated aka Group W eps, CBS's first, and CBS's 'Red Sky'), I see you're talking about the truncated version of CBS's original OP that I noticed on about 10 eps of this set. I never payed it any mind before. They had an abbreviated theme song with different sound effects. If you'll notice though, those eps are all slightly longer than they should be. The goal that most shows are asked to shoot for is 22 and a half minutes. If they exceed that, the show needed to be trimmed. So, they abridged the OP. However, those particular eps still ran over by as much as a minute. Hopefully, the producers didn't get too much penalty for cutting into CBS's commercial time. Can you imagine how much advertisers of kids products would pay to get their commercials played during Ninja Turtles??
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.


Last edited by gobo; 03-11-2007 at 03:17 AM.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:13 AM   #157
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Just got these in at my work, Man are they huge. Took me forever to make room for them on the already full shelf. I got all of them out but 2.

I ordered mine online cause I had a gift card and I just got an Email saying they sent it yesterday so I should have it in a few days.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #158
Turtleman100
Hench Mutant
 
Turtleman100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Earth CA
Posts: 329
Did you see all of the episodes yet. are there any good extras.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
Just got these in at my work, Man are they huge. Took me forever to make room for them on the already full shelf. I got all of them out but 2.

I ordered mine online cause I had a gift card and I just got an Email saying they sent it yesterday so I should have it in a few days.
__________________
Don: I'm trying to blend here.
Turtleman100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #159
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Not the one on the DVD, just for my website
That's so awesome, I'd love to talk with him sometime.
By the way, do you know if he still uses that E-Mail address on top of the Interview, Vegita-San?
Or was it never from him at all?

Last edited by SS Kakarot; 03-11-2007 at 02:08 PM.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:12 PM   #160
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
That's so awesome, I'd love to talk with him sometime.
By the way, do you know if he still uses that E-Mail address on top of the Interview, Vegita-San?
Or was it never from him at all?
That was for his agent, I'd never put his personal email address on there even if I Had it .
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dvd releases


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.