The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2007, 12:46 AM   #141
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Aren't you the same person that just huffed and puffed and threatened to leave Mikey's TMNT board when I posted my TMNT 4 review?

Good grief, get a reality check.

And I wasn't the only one, now was I?
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:47 AM   #142
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post
I know who the jackass is, and it isn't mee
Stage one: denial.

Quote:
You'd love that I would leave, but guess what? I'm not. I'm not going to be driven out by people like you. I'm made of tougher stuff than that. I can take what you dish out, and dish back twice as much.
Not really, you have all the intensity of Sunday School from what I've read so far, you can stay if you want, but don't make big bad remarks about leaving, because all it leads to is others using it to tell you to take your ass out of your head, feed it to an alligator, and dive into the swamp after it. I doubt anyone would miss you if you did leave, and you know that, hence why you're staying.

Quote:
You're twisting my words. I was sure of my opinion, and it's just that; an opinion. Just like I have the opinion that you're a conceited, arrogant bully. Does it mean it's true? I don't know, but it sure as hell seems that way to me.
Well, given you have no clue what your opinion is, I guess I'm safe from the Barney level insults is'nt it?

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 05-14-2007 at 12:53 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:05 AM   #143
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Stage one: denial.
Stage two: you shut up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Not really, you have all the intensity of Sunday School from what I've read so far, you can stay if you want, but don't make big bad remarks, because all it leads to is others using it to tell you to take your ass out of your head, feed it to an alligator, and dive into the swamp after it. I doubt anyone would miss you if you did leave, and you know that, hence why you're staying.
Whatever. You don't know me at all. How many times have I posted lately? About anything other than the new movie and updates to my fanfiction? Enough to count on one hand, that's how much. And I don't make bad marks about anything that I feel that doesn't deserve it. I am generally a very peaceful, very friendly person, but when people like you start this kind of sh*t to me when it's not warranted, that's when I bring out the not so pleasant side of me.

You singled out that one paragraph of my post, and thus missed the big picture of what I was ultimately trying to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Besides, if you had any respect for the thread you would'nt try to act like the mommie's basement tough guy, you'd shut the hell up and move on.
Oh, don't worry. I'm through, but only with you. If I have something else I want to say in this thread, I will. I will not be intimidated by the likes of you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Well, given you have no clue what your opinion is, I guess I'm safe from the Barney level insults is'nt it?
Again, twisting my words, but as I said I'm through with you. You can think the hell what you want to about me, but it'll be your mistake as you are the one judging wrongly.
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:20 AM   #144
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
Enough with the personal insults, everyone. If you two want to continue arguing, please do so off the forums. Back on topic, please.
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:22 AM   #145
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady View Post
if my any chance you have PetSmart with the tack shop in back, here they're clearing them out cos nothing sold...they have breyers that'll probably go clearance. just a hint. I saw the model there but it hadnt gone cheapo yet. i gotta check soon
Yep, I got one of those. Go there all the time. Feel like a little kid in a candy shop. And next door is a Toys R Us, but they always sell out of the toys so quick. And you cant ask them to hold them!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:53 AM   #146
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Hiya,

I'm not going to touch the fight but there was one topic that I wouldn't mind commenting on real fast since it does sort of stays with the topic. I'm sorry things got blown out of hand there, and would like to Thank Krang for asking for it to be taken out of here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Forgive us, not all of us live near Canadian cameras. How the f*ck you can sit there saying things that "we could'nt possibly do that", when

1. Some of us were pretty much unaware of it
2. Were'nt contacted by them, mostly because we don't have Ivey's media profile of radio interviews and television apperances.
Fanatical contacted me through myspace, they didn't know of the radio or even Totally Obsessed when they got a hold of me. They just saw my profile and shot me a message. I know they also posted a message I think on Mikey's forum looking for TMNT fans. So they were searching the internet, not who's closer.

I understand a lot of people were not aware of the show looking for people for it, I wouldn't have been if they didn't send me a personal message. Though by the time they got a hold of me, all of the stuff that was out in the media about me was about washed away, Totally Obsessed was not even on the internet yet, so the media totally forgot about me (which I was very happy about). I've gotten more press on me since "Totally Obsessed" came online than I had before hand.

I believe any fan could do these shows, if they either know where to reply to or if they got a good profile up. And there are hundreds of great fan profiles out there. I saw one on myspace before I went to bed last night that had a wonderful TMNT set up. I feel mine is kind of plan, though I like it being easy to load without worry about a back ground, music and all. Buslady was by no means close to where the Fanatical show was being done, and was still chosen for the show.

I encourage people to be willing to take the step of speaking their voices about their fandom, though at the same time I warn people that the shows and newspapers can really lie about you, after the interview so be careful and be ready for people to remark being it good or bad.

Oh and there is no money in this, at all. I've never gotten paid for any of the media things that I've done. If you find someone willing to pay ya, congrats!
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:01 AM   #147
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
2. Were'nt contacted by them, mostly because we don't have Ivey's media profile of radio interviews and television apperances.
Neither do I, and they picked me.
And I'm nowhere near Canadian cameras....they spent alot of $$ to come down here and do the show.

__________________

Last edited by Buslady; 05-14-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:45 AM   #148
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Fighting over the internet is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still a retard.

Now to my comments. I just spent 30 min reading up on all the comments since my last post. All I have to say is wow. Some of you are too sensitive, some of you are just immature, some of you state your opinion, all of you just whine lol. All the "negative" people (as they've been called) actually have some truth in it. Obviously, Ivey and Buslady are considered extreme. Do they have issues? Maybe. Do they need therapy? Who knows. I agree, there is more to the fandom than collecting things and reciting lyrics from that horrible concert tour (the music was good, the rest was just crap). Honestly, I think the coolest thing was the turtle breeding. However, there are parts that are a bit extreme for both ladies. I have nothing against either, I have nothing against anyone who is for or against them. I'm not blaming the shows, but they could also go to sites like this and pick out different people so they show a spectrum of fans, not just the extremes. Okay, I thnk that's it for now. I know there were other posts way back there that I could respond to but I'm kinda lazy right now
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:17 AM   #149
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
being extreme and different is part of the fun.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:07 AM   #150
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Talking

Thanks for all the comments, it's good to read others POVs One area I did want to reply to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
I'm not blaming the shows, but they could also go to sites like this and pick out different people so they show a spectrum of fans, not just the extremes.
They did use the forums and sites to find the people for the show. Myspace and Mikey's was two of the places, I don't know if they went anywhere else asking. Though I feel that even if they picked someone that was not as obsessed they would still focus only on the fandom of that person and make them look obsessed, that's what these shows do. It's not like Buslady or I only talked about TMNT, though their questions were focused on TMNT.

When I mentioned that these wall scrolls in the hall way are from my favorite anime, or this picture of me with a white tiger means a lot to me since I LOVE white tigers... it didn't matter towards the fandom and they didn't really look to video tape it. So no matter which fan is chosen, during the time they're on TV they'll be shown as big fans. The shows are going after certain stories when they come in.

You can't tell by watching a show where the obsession or fandom lays, until you meet the person. For the most part they caught me, with my fandom. Though they made it look like that was me 24/7, and it's easy to do since I do have a lot in my room. Though that doesn't mean I'm not a normal fan online or outside of my house, or that I even talk TMNT inside the house all the time. Though I do talk it a lot, and with a lot of different people, that's who I am But after they get around the TMNT talk with me they find out so much more, just the first part of me you meet usually is the fan.
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:06 AM   #151
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveyAngelo View Post
Fanatical contacted me through myspace, they didn't know of the radio or even Totally Obsessed when they got a hold of me. They just saw my profile and shot me a message. I know they also posted a message I think on Mikey's forum looking for TMNT fans. So they were searching the internet, not who's closer.
The Myspace contact makes sense, it's the big "thing" right now and they always search up places like that to appeal to it's large database. Understandable.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:07 AM   #152
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,389
You and Buslady didn't get paid for Fanatical? As much money as they doubtless spent to get everything set up and shoot, they couldn't even toss you two a bone?

I'd tell them go F themselves.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:20 AM   #153
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
It's not about money. At least it's not to me. I'm glad to see a better story out there than Totally Obsessed.
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:26 AM   #154
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
yeah its not about money. i wanted the experience, it was my 15 min of fame...it was fun. i've wanted to see what its like to film something that'd actually be on tv. it was fun.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:26 AM   #155
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
they would still focus only on the fandom of that person and make them look obsessed,
I beg to differ on that one. I have all my TMNT stuff in a closet and in bins cause I played with the toys. I do have a few posters on the wall here and there, but I don't see how thye could turn that on me and make me look obsessed.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:29 AM   #156
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveyAngelo View Post
It's not about money. At least it's not to me. I'm glad to see a better story out there than Totally Obsessed.
Quote:
yeah its not about money. i wanted the experience, it was my 15 min of fame...it was fun. i've wanted to see what its like to film something that'd actually be on tv. it was fun.
Still... I mean, jeeze. They couldn't kick you guys down a free lunch, or even a meager $100.00 a day for your trouble and time? Must be a great world for these bastards that can just build high-rated shows starring fans and then not have to pay them.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:32 AM   #157
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
I said we didn't get paid, I didn't say we didn't get fed that day. They took me to Pizza Hut across the street from the comic shop, and handled the food at the party (since the party was thrown because of them).
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:33 AM   #158
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveyAngelo View Post
I said we didn't get paid, I didn't say we didn't get fed that day. They took me to Pizza Hut across the street from the comic shop, and handled the food at the party (since the party was thrown because of them).
Well, at least that's something...
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:34 AM   #159
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Still... I mean, jeeze. They couldn't kick you guys down a free lunch, or even a meager $100.00 a day for your trouble and time? Must be a great world for these bastards that can just build high-rated shows starring fans and then not have to pay them.
thye paid for lunch and cold stone. So there was a little treat. it's no big deal. im not greedy...
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:37 AM   #160
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
I would have done it for free as well. That is if I had a large enough collection that was worth showing off.

Rock on Buslady and Ivey
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.