The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #141
Brodie
Certified Teacher
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bizarro Metropolis
Posts: 6,495
Grabbed mine today, which I didn't realize was out.

I have to say I really like everything about the case design, in terms of the colors, and overall design...But I ****ing hate the weird/lame art they use for the cover.

The Green and Blue colors and graffitti styled paint splatters works really well....but the cover just blows.

I'm glad the binding that shows on my shelf looks pretty good.
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #142
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Supermarket Aisle
Posts: 1,635
I picked it up today as well. I think I've picked up every old toon dvd release on release day, it's the only DVDs I buy these days.

I bought mine from BestBuy for $14 because I had a gift card, but I noticed Wal-Mart had it for $10. Every little bit helps so keep that in mind if you're going out looking for it.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #143
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectocooler View Post
I picked it up today as well. I think I've picked up every old toon dvd release on release day, it's the only DVDs I buy these days.

I bought mine from BestBuy for $14 because I had a gift card, but I noticed Wal-Mart had it for $10. Every little bit helps so keep that in mind if you're going out looking for it.
Yeah, BestBuy seems to always charge the suggested retail. Good ol' Sam Walton Clan cutting us some slack!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #144
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
TMNT Season 8

Just picked up my copy from the local Target. I was surprised there was only 1 copy left for $9.99. Plus they didn't have any TMNT toys or any of the other seasons from either show. They did have the 4 movie pack but I already got those. Why is Target slackin' over here in the STL?
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:30 AM   #145
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
theyre slackin in south carolina too. they had two copies one of which i nabbed, nothing but the movie four pack as you said, no toys... BS i tells yaa
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #146
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Canadian Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Small town Ontario, West of Toronto
Posts: 1,257
Season 8???

Has anyone seen this in stores? I haven't been to any walmarts as of late, but i didn't see it in HMV and I am wondering if any fellow Canadians have found it?
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:36 PM   #147
Brodie
Certified Teacher
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bizarro Metropolis
Posts: 6,495
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...t=27498&page=8
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:44 PM   #148
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
he obviously saw that thread. he's not asking of its release, but rather if its been sighted in canada
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:44 AM   #149
Ioz
Foot Soldier
 
Ioz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 103
There were only two copies left at the Target I bought it at on Wednesday. I watched very few of the red sky episodes when I was younger. It is a little different, but I've enjoyed watching this season as much as the others. The H.A.V.O.C. group is pretty cool. I hope they fit in the missing episodes in the last two releases.
Ioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #150
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
Has anyone seen this in stores? I haven't been to any walmarts as of late, but i didn't see it in HMV and I am wondering if any fellow Canadians have found it?
yeah, same
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #151
IamtheKnight
Stone Warrior
 
IamtheKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 701
I got mine a couple days ago and i loved every episode! I even like a new villan. the leader of H.A.V.O.C
IamtheKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #152
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I wish Shedder was in more episodes...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:22 PM   #153
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
I ordered mine from Amazon yesterday.

Looking back on the season, and having watched a few episodes by other means recently, it honestly might be my favorite after Season Seven. Every episode is relatively strong. Maybe it's just the sheer novelty of seeing continuity back in the show, Shredder and Krang being a threat, and self-doubting Turtles after sticking to the status quo for so long. But even the other villains are great. I love Beserko and H.A.V.O.C. and the Rat King's one appearance.

I think I really would've liked to see the "Red Sky" style stick around for a while longer with the revolving door of villains. I'm fine with Dregg being the main villain, but had the last two seasons been more willing to revisit past threats or introduce new one-offs, the show could've ended on a really high note.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #154
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Canadian Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Small town Ontario, West of Toronto
Posts: 1,257
I have to say up until now I had never seen any Red Sky stuff other than the opening on 'retrojunk.com' and the lost episodes from the season 1 set. I had no idea they were so well done. Such a massive change from season 7 to 8. Obviously to revive the show before it went off for good. It kinda sucks that there are only 8 episodes and thats it. Was there a season 9 as well? Sorry I know that is a silly question, but its something I haven't been dwelling on a lot till now.
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #155
hudemx
Hench Mutant
 
hudemx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Klagenfurt
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
I have to say up until now I had never seen any Red Sky stuff other than the opening on 'retrojunk.com' and the lost episodes from the season 1 set. I had no idea they were so well done. Such a massive change from season 7 to 8. Obviously to revive the show before it went off for good. It kinda sucks that there are only 8 episodes and thats it. Was there a season 9 as well? Sorry I know that is a silly question, but its something I haven't been dwelling on a lot till now.
Yeah! Season 9 had 8 Episodes and also Season 10 had 8 Episodes
__________________
German TMNT News Blog:
http://ninjaturtlepower.wordpress.com/
hudemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #156
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
It kinda sucks that there are only 8 episodes and thats it. Was there a season 9 as well? Sorry I know that is a silly question, but its something I haven't been dwelling on a lot till now.
Yes, there are two more eight-episode seasons. After season eight, all former baddies are phased out of the show to make way for one-off monsters and the new main villain, an alien warlord named Dregg. It's still enjoyable, but as I was saying, not near as fun as seeing all the classic villains presented in a darker light.

Just check the official website, www.ninjaturtles.com, for episode summaries.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #157
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I picked it up at Target, they had many copies. I seriously wish they'd let fans do the covers for these. Seriously there's fans out there who'd do covers for free just so they wouldn't have to look at the ****** ones they make.

Anyways I like the set, I always liked these episodes.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #158
Magneto
Foot Soldier
 
Magneto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Marvel Universe
Posts: 173
Picked mine up at Wal-Mart. Was actually looking for the recently released complete Plastic Man on DVD, but instead found TMNT season 8. Not a bad trade off.
__________________
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:17 PM   #159
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
Just bought it and saw the first 4 episodes. Pretty interesting eps, the stakes seem higher, the tone is a tad more serious and the Turtles are facing stuff like self-doubt and being arrested.

I do wish they could have done something about the kiddy fighting. The plots are strong, and the staredowns and tough talk is awesome, but then actual fighting is still just tying them up or throwing a sai or cutting something so it will fall on the bad guys. I know toons had limits back then, but a bit of awesome spin-kicks, backflips and actual punching and kicking would have helped alot.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #160
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
I noticed more cool sword fights than usual. Nothing spectacular, but good compared to most OT battles.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.