The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #141
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
I watched it, and I liked it.

I was sort of surprised by the violence, but it didn't negatively affect the movie for me. What did, however, was that horrid... bright... yellow jumpsuit. That is just something that should not be translated from cartoon to real life. Ever. Plus, it didn't even fit the actress that well, but hey. April was probably the only part of the movie that bugged me, and it was mostly the costume.

However, I do give these guys great props for what they did. I really enjoyed it, and the details were a great bonus. Also, uh, Robbie Rist?? Kudos. When Mikey came on, kept thinking, 'Man, this guy is doing a great impression of Movie One Mike'. Haha, silly me.

Great job. I kinda want to watch it again.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:59 AM   #142
jaymq
Hench Mutant
 
jaymq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn View Post
I watched it, and I liked it.

I was sort of surprised by the violence, but it didn't negatively affect the movie for me. What did, however, was that horrid... bright... yellow jumpsuit. That is just something that should not be translated from cartoon to real life. Ever. Plus, it didn't even fit the actress that well, but hey. April was probably the only part of the movie that bugged me, and it was mostly the costume.

However, I do give these guys great props for what they did. I really enjoyed it, and the details were a great bonus. Also, uh, Robbie Rist?? Kudos. When Mikey came on, kept thinking, 'Man, this guy is doing a great impression of Movie One Mike'. Haha, silly me.

Great job. I kinda want to watch it again.
I find myself agreeing wholeheartedly with you again, heh.

One other thing though...

Spoiler:
I completely busted out laughing at Krang when I saw him, I'm not sure if that was the desired effect, but yea...
I enjoyed the movie overall.
__________________
Nom
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #143
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
Moosandra - I did the same thing. I thought the movie was awesome, until Mikey showed up - and the Krang puppet.... I think a silent Shredder would have had a better effect.

Still an awesome job. I can't imagine the amount of time, work, and money that must have gone into making the film.

Also, did anybody else catch the dialogue at the end that was lifted from Casey's first appearance on the old cartoon? "Just tell me when I get to break something!" "I like this boy's attitude!" Nice touch!
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #144
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Just watched it, and it's definately the best live action TMNT we've seen since SOTO. Lots of homage to the classic era, with '80s-era TVs and the music is pretty good. The fighting action is great as well! I liked when Mike said "Well I'm not a Teenage Mutant Ninja Hamster". Sure beats those "side projects" such as Turtle Tunes/Operation Blue Line. Seeing a live action Krang was neat, too! Also, the first time "Channel 6" instead of "Channel 3" is used in live action as well. I recommend this to former fans to reintroduce them to the turtles. Sure, they'll say, "Where's Don, Leo, and Raph?" It looks like this was shot in Dallas.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #145
UK_Raph_Fan
Mouser
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England, UK
Posts: 10
WOW! I really enjoyed this! I think you captured the essence of Casey perfectly
UK_Raph_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #146
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
It looks like this was shot in Dallas.
You are correct.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #147
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
You know what else was shot in Dallas?

J. R.

Spoiler:
Or was he???
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #148
liugeaux
Hench Mutant
 
liugeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 329
I wrote a review of the Casey Flick here:
http://www.techpedition.com/2011/09/...lick-reviewed/
Enjoy!

Now that I read over that, I look like a troll. I promise I'm not. Check it out.
liugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:02 PM   #149
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
I really wanted to like this, I mean I really wanted to.

From the preview I saw I was expecting something else, not a blood bath of irrational methods. It was a strange blend of crazy psycho Casey and old toon essence. The quality was amazing, really made me jealous. The whole time I was wondering how I would have done this sort of thing given I had the money to back a project of this size.

I loved the Mikey parts, but that was about it. Overall I really felt cheated by this, I was expecting something else so maybe thats why. But the mix of mirage and old toon just was not blended very well at all.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #150
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,186
Anyone have a download link?

Finally got to watch it in the crappy small screen, oh well. Overall I thought this was amazing, very enjoyable, great music, ideas, fight scenes, shots and fan service.

I have a few nitpicks of course though, I hated the closeups and/or better look at Mikey's face, it just makes the whole film look cheap, ironically it probably took as much time or more than most other things in the film. But while not their fault at not being able to create a realistic face they could have easily hid it with the style the movie was going for...Casey Jones killing people was a bit extreme. The film also had a few random parts that just made no sense like most parts with the mother. It was a bit silly seeing Casey survive against so many bladed Foot Ninjas...Mikey's dialog while awesome tribute didn't fit the film. Same with the Krang cameo. Unlike others I actually thought April looked fine.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #151
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
i thought it was very entertaining. the mikey costume kinda subtracted a little from the overall good quality of the film, but i can understand why. the mediocre costume that they used probably cost them a load of money as is. the cinematography was very good for a fanflick, it even had some flashes of briliance.
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #152
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
These films bring me back they were so awesome when I first saw them. It was pretty well received by the fan base.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #153
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
How does it bring you back? It's not very old at all! You must really be a sucker for nostalgia...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #154
Ulisses31
Mad Scientist
 
Ulisses31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Évora Portugal
Posts: 1,230
Seen it today at http://caseyjonesthemovie.com/ liked it very much.
__________________
Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
if you want to be update to all TMNT Redesign Challenges

My Art Gallery for TMNT - And some more Art

Spoiler:

Quote:
If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman
Ulisses31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #155
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
How does it bring you back? It's not very old at all! You must really be a sucker for nostalgia...
lol only joking. I saw this about a year or so ago on youtube
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #156
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
I just discovered the Casey Jones fan film today.

Spoiler:
I like the foreshadowing with the discussion of losing teeth.

The training montage was very well done too.

I really like the camera angle when he smacks the guy in the head with the golf club. It was actually kind of a disturbing scene.

Michelangelo! I think considering the budget, he looks pretty good. I didn't think they'd be able to pull off the turtles at all, but I guess they figured fans would be disappointed without a Turtles presence. I think one of the things I like about fan films is how people work around budget limitations. I think it helps with creativity.

I'm sure some fans were disappointed that Raphael wasn't the one running into Casey, but I think Michelangelo works very well too. Raphael and Casey have similar personalities, but Michelangelo's fun loving, care free attitude makes an interesting contrast with Casey.

Krang! I thought maybe he'd be CGI, but the puppet probably looked better than what they'd be able to do with CGI.



Overall this is one of the most impressive fan films that I've seen.

After reading an above post, I was expecting April to look like she was wearing a yellow tent. I didn't think the costume looked bad at all.

I really want to see a sequel now. I know it's a fan film, but there are still loose ends. Plus I kept wanting April to be more involved in the story.

I'm surprised Casey Jones isn't getting more attention with the fandom. Or maybe it has and I've just missed it until today.

Last edited by Mr._Mutant_Man; 03-04-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #157
Navin Johnson
Stone Warrior
 
Navin Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 544
Anybody else donate and get the DVD
__________________
Lord loves a workin' man
Navin Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #158
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
Anybody else donate and get the DVD
Aye, got mine last week.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #159
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Wait... how is that legal?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #160
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Aye, got mine last week.
What's your verdict on the overall DVD presentation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Wait... how is that legal?
I guess "donation" is a broad umbrella term?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
casey jones, fan film


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.