The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2025, 12:43 AM   #141
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,407
A cancelation.

https://www.thewrap.com/sgt-rock-mov...a-guadagnino/?


The Sgt. Rock movie won't go forward at Warner
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2025, 03:32 AM   #142
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225
I’m shocked!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2025, 11:21 AM   #143
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,847
But the SLATE THE SLATE!!! Anyone who wanted that cancelled simply can't have any merit as a source of experience or knowledge! THe SLATE!!!

whoof. sorry. Got possessed for a minute by a previous irrational, obsessed, maniac forum member.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2025, 11:27 AM   #144
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
Get ready for Swamp Thing, though! An A lister! Actually 5 AAA diamond stars rated.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2025, 12:47 PM   #145
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
If Superman underperforms they'll definitely cancel half the planned movies besides the ones that are very far along or just keep the Batman-centric movies. They'll keep Supergirl since that's already underway, and the Brave and the Bold movie which is supposed to be the debut of this universes Batman and Damian Wayne? As far as I remember.

Then there's the Green Lantern TV series but that will go forward with HBO.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2025, 12:54 PM   #146
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
They'd wait until after Supergirl to make any "hard" decisions. Though I shudder to think the lessons that would be learned if Superman tanks and yet Supergirl somehow does gangbusters. Can you imagine?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2025, 01:51 PM   #147
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Get ready for Swamp Thing, though! An A lister! Actually 5 AAA diamond stars rated.
It's not possible that you are an informed Green Lantern fan because if you were you'd love this slate! Only one man, and he alone, can see how amazing this slate was - only he had the vision to understand the depths of this brilliance of movie announcements.

And now he'll have to make his own stop motion Sgt. Rock movie. Because it aint on the slate no more.

As for the actual continued convo - why did they pick that actress to play Supergirl? Isn't Supergirl basically an Aphrodite? A Cleopatra? A Pam Anderson? A... dare I say it.... Melissa Benoist?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2025, 04:54 PM   #148
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If Superman underperforms they'll definitely cancel half the planned movies besides the ones that are very far along or just keep the Batman-centric movies. They'll keep Supergirl since that's already underway, and the Brave and the Bold movie which is supposed to be the debut of this universes Batman and Damian Wayne? As far as I remember.

Then there's the Green Lantern TV series but that will go forward with HBO.
It's funny, just like with Man of Steel so many years ago, the whole plan relies on Superman being successful. When MoS failed, it took years to get the sequel and instead of Superman 2 it became a Batman movie featuring Superman basically and then Justice League which both underperformed and we all know how that went.

The Superman movie looks good but I mean I'm not going to watch it in theaters, I don't really think people will either. It also has a lot of "competition". But you know, I don't see the competition doing well either. You have Fantastic Four which are another set of superhero movies that have never been very successful and people in general are tired of cape movies. And you also have Jurassic World Rebirth, which dinosaurs could've hit with audiences as something different...but in case you're not familiar they added a Rancor like mutant, not even a hybrid dinosaur a straight up star wars looking gorilla monster as the main bad guy. So I hope everything fails but I guess one of the movies would have to "beat" the others.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2025, 05:00 PM   #149
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
It's funny, just like with Man of Steel so many years ago, the whole plan relies on Superman being successful. When MoS failed, it took years to get the sequel and instead of Superman 2 it became a Batman movie featuring Superman basically and then Justice League which both underperformed and we all know how that went.
To be fair, I assume the MCU would have been quietly shelved if Iron Man just didn't resonate with audiences and bombed horribly.

I honestly don't know what made me see Iron Man to be honest. I know he's important in the comics, but he just didn't seem all that big to me, at the time, like Spider-Man, Wolverine or even Captain America. I guess I was just curious, but RDJ's energy just kept me hook all the way through. The way he wanted a Big Mac first thing upon being rescued and being returned to America.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2025, 05:18 PM   #150
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
As for the actual continued convo - why did they pick that actress to play Supergirl? Isn't Supergirl basically an Aphrodite? A Cleopatra? A Pam Anderson? A... dare I say it.... Melissa Benoist?
I think it's good casting. Supergirl should be a little plucky thing, physically much smaller than Superman but still with real beauty. It's only in the modern era that Supergirl has become like "Superman's Equal" and Superwoman in everything but name.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2025, 05:51 PM   #151
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post

As for the actual continued convo - why did they pick that actress to play Supergirl? Isn't Supergirl basically an Aphrodite? A Cleopatra? A Pam Anderson? A... dare I say it.... Melissa Benoist?
What version of Supergirl have you been reading? Sure she's a pretty blonde, but she wasn't like a damn super model. Are you confusing her with Power Girl?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2025, 06:40 PM   #152
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
I mean doesn't Supergirl always start off as a teen? They intentionally cast a girl who looks young, especially if they plan on keeping her around if there's like 10 year plan for this universe. She'll age over time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2025, 07:17 PM   #153
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
What version of Supergirl have you been reading? Sure she's a pretty blonde, but she wasn't like a damn super model. Are you confusing her with Power Girl?
Bro lol big tits doesn't mean "hot model", it just means big tits.
Supergirl is routinely crazy attractive. Power Girl isn't "hot" - she's a porn star on-page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think it's good casting. Supergirl should be a little plucky thing, physically much smaller than Superman but still with real beauty. It's only in the modern era that Supergirl has become like "Superman's Equal" and Superwoman in everything but name.
I dunno - Laura V or Melissa B are more "Supergirly" in my mind's eye than the new girl. I just don't find her very attractive facially to be honest.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2025, 11:22 PM   #154
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,188
Nobody wants a fat ****ing cow as supergirl, I grew up with DCAU Supergirl and Loeb's Supergirl. To me Supergirl is ultra skinny and it's how it should be.
Powergirl is the fat "thick" one for chubby lovers.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2025, 08:29 AM   #155
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,847
I can't believe I agree with you, but I do. In my head canon, the perfect Supergirl is Michael Turner's from the Loeb Superman/Batman book. And that is a goddess.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2025, 09:26 AM   #156
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I can't believe I agree with you, but I do. In my head canon, the perfect Supergirl is Michael Turner's from the Loeb Superman/Batman book. And that is a goddess.
I actually have the Michael Turner Supergirl figure. It's the only Supergirl figure I own. But she's not, like, tall. She's rather short.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2025, 09:23 PM   #157
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I actually have the Michael Turner Supergirl figure. It's the only Supergirl figure I own. But she's not, like, tall. She's rather short.
Yeah I mean - it's not the height, it's the glamorous overall package. Honestly the new Supergirl looks like she'd fit in more with the weird agenda-casting of The Last of Us. I'm just not feeling it.

On that note, I remember some years back DC Direct was doing some "artist accurate" releases that simply blow away what McFarlane is doing today. The Ed McGuinness releases from Superman/Batman looked amazing - I've always wanted those but never put them together.

I'm not sure if I ever saw the Michael Turner styled-figures. That would be another amazing set.

EDIT
OMFG dude I just saw the DC Direct Superman/Batman Return of Supergirl stuff... oh God it looks awful. SO disappointing. It looks like they took a schizophrenic person, made him study Turner's art and sculpt what he saw.

Last edited by IMJ; 05-02-2025 at 09:34 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2025, 09:49 PM   #158
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
Like I think I said in the other thread, a picture is one thing... but if you watch this Supergirl actress actually perform, like in the Game of Thrones spinoff, there's something to her.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2025, 03:39 PM   #159
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
Update on the slate:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/wbds-ba...m-slate-plans/
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2025, 04:21 PM   #160
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
The Batman 2 not until 2027...and no Batman in James Gunn for the forseeable future? That really does not bode well. Making a Clayface movie seems dumb too. For trying to start a new universe they're already confusing it and taking too long to get the established heroes out.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aquaparade goes nuts


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.