The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2024, 02:29 PM   #141
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Varner does almost all the sculpting for Playmates, always have. They're terrific by any measure. They may not always have the correct information to work with so sometimes certain things are off from the final TV/Movie, whatever.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 08:51 PM   #142
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,754
The orange peel skin does not bother me as much as the wrong heads on Donatello and Leonardo. With that said, the Movie Star turtles top these by a mile. There was more to the Movie Star turtles than the real reptile rubbery feel. Each individual turtle had a lot of personality in their sculpts. Playmates was just better in the 90s.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2024, 02:10 PM   #143
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,754
ROSS stores have all four turtles.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2024, 12:12 PM   #144
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2024, 02:46 PM   #145
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Hopefully, Leo and Don with the correct heads will be released with Shredder and Rocksteady.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 10:49 AM   #146
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Hopefully, Leo and Don with the correct heads will be released with Shredder and Rocksteady.
Hmmm I'm not so sure about that, and it personally doesn't bother me at all. And I grew up with the og vintage figures.

I am very much looking forward to seeing Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady and hopefully Splinter soon. I would also like for this line to stop being Walmart exclusive.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 11:30 AM   #147
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Hmmm I'm not so sure about that, and it personally doesn't bother me at all. And I grew up with the og vintage figures.

I am very much looking forward to seeing Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady and hopefully Splinter soon. I would also like for this line to stop being Walmart exclusive.
The reissues were initially Walmart exclusives and now they're at Target, Toys R Us at Macy’s, and other marketplaces.

I think Playmates will follow Mattel’s lead and sell the other Remastered figures at lots of shops.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 02:25 PM   #148
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I have not seen reports of them being at places like target yet... that's good if so
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 05:32 AM   #149
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,754
This is Playmates saying avert your eyes from the Turtles Of Grayskull. This isn’t 2021 anymore. The TOG line is vastly better than Remastered.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2024, 04:56 PM   #150
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
anyone still trying to get these, i've been noticing them in stock on walmart.com most of this week. check links earlier in this thread.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2025, 07:11 AM   #151
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,754
New Remastered figures and Sewer Playset: https://x.com/toybroreviews/status/1...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2025, 07:01 AM   #152
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,754
No Rocksteady or Last Ronin Raph, but Splinter and a 6-pack coming soon: https://www.instagram.com/msmithtmnt...M/?img_index=1

Last edited by mikey0; 02-22-2025 at 08:31 AM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2025, 11:58 AM   #153
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior
 
BlueKatana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 654
Looks like they fixed the Leo and Donnie heads this time on the 6 pack?
__________________
You know I got your back...just like a Turtle Shell!
BlueKatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2025, 12:41 PM   #154
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
Interesting looking Splinter lol
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2025, 01:32 PM   #155
Boco
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Maryland
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
No Rocksteady or Last Ronin Raph, but Splinter and a 6-pack coming soon: https://www.instagram.com/msmithtmnt...M/?img_index=1
Splinter and Shredder aren't exclusive to this set are they? I love the Remastered turtles to death but not enough for a second set.
Boco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2025, 04:11 PM   #156
teemu
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 1,049
I'm interested in that Target 6 pack as long as they removed those Zits off the turtles
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2025, 06:17 AM   #157
Shortfuse
Foot Soldier
 
Shortfuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: London, UK
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
I'm interested in that Target 6 pack as long as they removed those Zits off the turtles
Me too - I really hope it comes to the UK - maybe in Smyths Toys - they've had loads of Turtles figure sets over the years.
__________________
"Leave this to the real Raphael!"

Shortfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2025, 09:57 AM   #158
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,847
I am not down for another Ninja Turtles line at this point, but if I saw a 6-pack somewhere and it was discounted then I'd grab 'em.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2025, 06:55 AM   #159
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,754
Remastered 6-Pack in Package: https://www.instagram.com/msmithtmnt/p/DL9jmCQs91g/
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2025, 07:15 AM   #160
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 1,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
I'm interested in that Target 6 pack as long as they removed those Zits off the turtles
You're dreams came true. If I ever cross paths with this in the wild, which may never happen given the glut of shelf warmers around me, it might actually be tempting if the price is right too.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.