The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2004, 04:44 PM   #141
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
Well, heretic, you seem to have alot to say.

When I said, "Can't we all just get along?", I was joking.

And if I remember correctly, Juggernaut is invincible. He can run through buildings head-first. A lot of debris falling on his head would not stop him unless his helmet was off. That's what a juggernaut is--an unstoppable force and an immovable object. And Spider-Man wasn't a kid when they fought. Juggernaut is not stupid, he just lets anger get the best of him...like a certain TMNT. I never said that the turtles would out-muscle him. I said that their weapons could not break through his armor. Who thinks of muscle when they think of ninjas?

I also never said Raph would "out-feral" Wolverine. I said that Raph would be the last one standing because of his rage, adrenaline, and stubborn determination in battle. And Wolverine has taken on more than four at one time...and won. And not just against thugs. Ever hear of the Hellfire Club?

As for Spider-Man not being a skilled combatant, clearly you're one of those slaves to the Ultimate line. I'm talking Spider-Man now--in his late 20s. Besides, Spider-Man took on the entire Sinister Six, the Fantastic Four, some of the X-Men, and more outnumbering enemies--and he won. It would take him a while to get used to the turtles fighting technique, but he would win in the end.
Hey! Don't be dissin on the Ultimate comics.
__________________
cqb101 is offline  
Old 07-12-2004, 05:46 PM   #142
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
I'm not dissing them at all. I just hate the hype. Everyone reads the Ultimate Spider-Man and think it's THE basic continuity. It's not. Its only purpose was to introduce younger readers to Spider-Man and give him a more modern tech edge in his origin and the origins of his enemies.

I actually like the Ultimates book, although I'm not a collector.
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline  
Old 07-12-2004, 06:29 PM   #143
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
I'm not dissing them at all. I just hate the hype. Everyone reads the Ultimate Spider-Man and think it's THE basic continuity. It's not. Its only purpose was to introduce younger readers to Spider-Man and give him a more modern tech edge in his origin and the origins of his enemies.

I actually like the Ultimates book, although I'm not a collector.
Oh, ok...But ya, I agree with ya...People tret them like THE continuity....Seems almost like marvel does, too.
__________________
cqb101 is offline  
Old 07-12-2004, 09:41 PM   #144
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior
 
Lord Nightwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 698
Marvel continuity is nuts. They had several different ones going the last time I picked a title up. I'm thinking like three different realities or mayber four. And I still say the TMNT have a good chance at hanging with the crews of both Marvel and DC. I mean, come on...Most of them have skills similar in origin to the TMNT. MOST of them have at least a patial back ground in a martial art or two. and the the things the TMNT do, and have done are great feats in their own right. And look at Shredder and the Elite....man, They could bsmack quite a few villians and heros around. The TMNT are under rated. Seriously.
Lord Nightwalker is offline  
Old 07-12-2004, 09:47 PM   #145
Ryona
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nightwalker
the things the TMNT do, and have done are great feats in their own right. And look at Shredder and the Elite....man, They could smack quite a few villians and heros around. The TMNT are under rated. Seriously.
Agreed.
 
Old 07-12-2004, 10:17 PM   #146
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Yeah the turtles are being under estmated
Btw the Ultimate comics Was alright I mean Green Goblin looked cool. "Grave Matters" is my favorite Spiderman comic ever I just dont know what issue number or what series its in. I know its with thge Ben Spiderman though. Im to lazy to dig it out of my stack
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 06:52 AM   #147
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nightwalker
Marvel continuity is nuts. They had several different ones going the last time I picked a title up. I'm thinking like three different realities or mayber four. And I still say the TMNT have a good chance at hanging with the crews of both Marvel and DC. I mean, come on...Most of them have skills similar in origin to the TMNT. MOST of them have at least a patial back ground in a martial art or two. and the the things the TMNT do, and have done are great feats in their own right. And look at Shredder and the Elite....man, They could bsmack quite a few villians and heros around. The TMNT are under rated. Seriously.
They have 2 continuity's....Regular(original) and Ultimate.
__________________
cqb101 is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 07:43 AM   #148
heretic888
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,344
ahem

Quote:
Well, heretic, you seem to have alot to say.
Yup.

Quote:
When I said, "Can't we all just get along?", I was joking.
Must'a forgotten to unleash that sarcasm smilie, neh?

Quote:
And if I remember correctly, Juggernaut is invincible. He can run through buildings head-first. A lot of debris falling on his head would not stop him unless his helmet was off. That's what a juggernaut is--an unstoppable force and an immovable object.
Ummm.... that's all nice and all, but the fact remains that Spider-Man beat him by outmaneuvering him and causing all those "weak" debris and buildings to fall on top of him. The fact also remains that you don't have to "beat" somebody by outmuscling him, which is the general mood of discussions like this.

The simple truth is that there are very few other comic book characters the TMNT could actually "outmuscle". They are many, however, that they could defeat in battle --- and not always by conventional means.

Also... last time I checked, Juggy's got holes for his eyes, right??

Quote:
And Spider-Man wasn't a kid when they fought.
He has no formal training, and very little experience fighting opponents that are as powerful or skilled as himself (and it shows when he does end up actually battling guys like that). Draw your own conclusions.

Quote:
Juggernaut is not stupid, he just lets anger get the best of him...
Actually, Juggernaut is quite stupid. He's usually portrayed as an extremely low-brow, thuggish type.

Quote:
I never said that the turtles would out-muscle him. I said that their weapons could not break through his armor. Who thinks of muscle when they think of ninjas?
Who thinks of "armor-breaking weapons" when they think of ninja, either?? Certainly not me...

You're still running into the same fallacies as before: that you have to "smash" someone into submission to defeat them. Sorry, no dice.

Quote:
I also never said Raph would "out-feral" Wolverine. I said that Raph would be the last one standing because of his rage, adrenaline, and stubborn determination in battle.
You realize you just contradicted yourself, right??

In any event, you're wrong on both accounts. Superior anger and stamina does not necessarily mean you'll be the "last one standing". My bets are personally on Leonardo much moreso than Raph.

Quote:
And Wolverine has taken on more than four at one time...and won. And not just against thugs. Ever hear of the Hellfire Club?
Wolverine has also taken on one at a time --- and lost. Remember Shingen Takeda??

In addition, the TMNT have also taken on more than four at a time --- and won. And not just against thugs. Remember the Human Federation army?? The Triceraton army?? The Shredder Elite?? The Foot Clan?? The Mousers?? Etcetera ad infinitum...

[quote]As for Spider-Man not being a skilled combatant, clearly you're one of those slaves to the Ultimate line. I'm talking Spider-Man now--in his late 20s. Besides, Spider-Man took on the entire Sinister Six, the Fantastic Four, some of the X-Men, and more outnumbering enemies--and he won.[/quotte]

The only one of those Spider-Man has beaten is the Sinister Six --- and he usually did so through pitting them against each other. Spider-Man has never beaten the Fantastic Four.

And the X-Men?? Hah, Spider-Man hasn't even beaten Wolverine, let alone his entire team.

Quote:
It would take him a while to get used to the turtles fighting technique, but he would win in the end.
Nope, sorry. The TMNT (Mirage version) would have a number of advantages --- set aside stealth, superior training, superior experience, equal-if-not-greater speed and agility, superior numbers, willingness to kill, and shock factor (i.e., Spider-Man is famous, they are not). The major advantage they would have is their use of extremely unconventional tactics --- if you know what I mean.

Quote:
I'm not dissing them at all. I just hate the hype. Everyone reads the Ultimate Spider-Man and think it's THE basic continuity. It's not. Its only purpose was to introduce younger readers to Spider-Man and give him a more modern tech edge in his origin and the origins of his enemies
You will notice that I never mentioned the Ultimate line at all.

Quote:
And I still say the TMNT have a good chance at hanging with the crews of both Marvel and DC. I mean, come on...Most of them have skills similar in origin to the TMNT. MOST of them have at least a patial back ground in a martial art or two. and the the things the TMNT do, and have done are great feats in their own right. And look at Shredder and the Elite....man, They could bsmack quite a few villians and heros around. The TMNT are under rated. Seriously.
Yup. Probably has something to do with the fact that they don't hurl trucks around with their index fingers.

Like I said, the general assumption in discussions like these are whoever is "stronger" will win. Of course, just ignore the fact that Batman has proven that assumption wrong on a number of occassions...

Laterz.
__________________
"Ninpo began as training to become a moral people and to learn to endure in whatever social condition one is in; to know and accept one's fate, and to live for human beings and all other creatures. The person who masters all of these is a Ninja." (Masaaki Hatsumi)
heretic888 is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 08:23 AM   #149
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Sorry heretic, but I gotta disagree with you one one thing....I highly, highly doubt the TMNT have greater speed and agility than Spider-man...Equal? Maybe, but definatly not better.
__________________
cqb101 is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 08:54 AM   #150
heretic888
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,344
Quote:
Sorry heretic, but I gotta disagree with you one one thing....I highly, highly doubt the TMNT have greater speed and agility than Spider-man...Equal? Maybe, but definatly not better.
*nods* Yeah, I probably exaggerated that one there.

I actually doubt that even all the TMNT have equal agility and quickness to Spidey.

Mike, at the very least, does though. Just look at the recent issue of Volume 4 when he exercised on the utrom "agility machine" --- dude was doin' flips and body turns in mid-air. Multiple times, too!

Heh. Laterz.
__________________
"Ninpo began as training to become a moral people and to learn to endure in whatever social condition one is in; to know and accept one's fate, and to live for human beings and all other creatures. The person who masters all of these is a Ninja." (Masaaki Hatsumi)
heretic888 is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 09:29 AM   #151
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic888
Quote:
Sorry heretic, but I gotta disagree with you one one thing....I highly, highly doubt the TMNT have greater speed and agility than Spider-man...Equal? Maybe, but definatly not better.
*nods* Yeah, I probably exaggerated that one there.

I actually doubt that even all the TMNT have equal agility and quickness to Spidey.

Mike, at the very least, does though. Just look at the recent issue of Volume 4 when he exercised on the utrom "agility machine" --- dude was doin' flips and body turns in mid-air. Multiple times, too!

Heh. Laterz.
Mik, might, but still....They don't have tha agility or speed of a spider.
__________________
cqb101 is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 09:41 AM   #152
heretic888
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,344
hee

Quote:
Mik, might, but still....They don't have tha agility or speed of a spider.
Heh. Well, neither does Spider-Man. Having a endoskeletal, bipedal body will do that to yah.

The point being the TMNT in general and Michelangelo in particular are amazingly agile, graceful, and skilled. The "agility repulsor device" in Volume 4 is just one example (in which Mike was doing ridiculous flips in mid-air, somehow able to dodge the levitating bars with amazing accuracy).

In issue 8 (I believe) of Volume 1, Mike had shot nine apples in a row off of Don's head with a Japanese longbow. In issue 5 of Volume 1, all four of them are seen walking (not crawling) across a tightrope. In the very same issue, all four were able to 'vanish' from plain sight within the blink of an eye (all hiding behind, under, or over various items such as lamps, chairs, couches, etc). Similar feats were performed in the first movie. They regularly leap across buildings in volume 1.

Also, to add insult to injury, the TMNT have beaten gods and demons before...
__________________
"Ninpo began as training to become a moral people and to learn to endure in whatever social condition one is in; to know and accept one's fate, and to live for human beings and all other creatures. The person who masters all of these is a Ninja." (Masaaki Hatsumi)
heretic888 is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 10:46 AM   #153
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Re: hee

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic888
Also, to add insult to injury, the TMNT have beaten gods and demons before...
So have amny characters in the marvel universe...Can you say Thanos? Apocalypse? He's not really a god, but close enough, right?
__________________
cqb101 is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 11:11 AM   #154
heretic888
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,344
Quote:
So have amny characters in the marvel universe...Can you say Thanos? Apocalypse? He's not really a god, but close enough, right?
Sure.
__________________
"Ninpo began as training to become a moral people and to learn to endure in whatever social condition one is in; to know and accept one's fate, and to live for human beings and all other creatures. The person who masters all of these is a Ninja." (Masaaki Hatsumi)
heretic888 is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 11:24 AM   #155
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Re: hee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqb101
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic888
Also, to add insult to injury, the TMNT have beaten gods and demons before...
So have amny characters in the marvel universe...Can you say Thanos? Apocalypse? He's not really a god, but close enough, right?
I like the Turtles but Galactus would stomp them into dust in seconds.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 11:28 AM   #156
heretic888
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,344
hrmm

Quote:
I like the Turtles but Galactus would stomp them into dust in seconds.
More than likely, the TMNT wouldn't fight Galactus themselves --- and leave him for the likes of, oh say, the army.

I personally doubt the TMNT would jump in the streets, expose themselves to the public, and try and use ninja guerilla tactics on a planet-eater .... when the scores of superheros, national guards, and militaries could do just as well.
__________________
"Ninpo began as training to become a moral people and to learn to endure in whatever social condition one is in; to know and accept one's fate, and to live for human beings and all other creatures. The person who masters all of these is a Ninja." (Masaaki Hatsumi)
heretic888 is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 12:01 PM   #157
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
If they had to expose themselves to stop the planet from being eaten I think they would consider it
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 12:08 PM   #158
Barkworm
Draconian leftist ruler
 
Barkworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,695
I'm amused to see how serious people are taking this discussion.
__________________
Make ****, not kill!
Barkworm is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 12:08 PM   #159
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx
If they had to expose themselves to stop the planet from being eaten I think they would consider it
But they wouldn't because they know they wouldn't be able to win....It would be a futile attempt so they'd stay outta it.
__________________
cqb101 is offline  
Old 07-13-2004, 02:12 PM   #160
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Looks like heretic knows everything...not.

Yeah, Juggernaut's got eye-holes. But his arms are also exposed and impervious to damage--even from Wolverine's claws.


Spidey didn't have formal training, this is true. But fight after fight after fight with enemies who want to kill you kind of compensates for that. Don't you think?

No, Juggernaut is NOT stupid, you're thinking of Rhino. Juggernaut is somewhat uneducated but he is mostly angry. He hates his step-brother Prof. X because Prof. had powers while he didn't. Then he found that Cytorrak gem and became powerful. But his anger towards Xavier made him lose. Not his intelligence or lack thereof.

And I did say the TMNT weapons wouldn't break his armor because of common friggin' sense. Savvy?

And out-feraling means going wild and crazy like a wolf or bobcat. Raph gives in to his anger and is NOT a feral creature. Duh. Let me say this one more time so you understand. Raph would be the last one standing because his rage and adrenaline would make him last longer. Leo would be last to fall before Raph. Leo has the skill, yes, but not the instinct like Raph. The instinct to survive and keep going even when the battle turns ill. Leo runs away most of the time because of that fact. To fight again another day. Raph doesn't care. He'll continue the fight until he wins or dies...like Wolverine. Yeah?

Wolverine has taken on more than four at a time and won AND lost...let's agree to disagree on that one. And the fact that the TMNT have taken on more than four doesn't enter into the debate. We're talking TMNT versus one.

Spider-Man has also outsmarted the X-Men. I said SOME. Not all. And you're wrong about Spidey not getting used to the TMNT fighting technique. Do you even know how Spider-Man fights? He jumps around and learns the pattern of his enemy or enemies while quipping and thwipping. Then when he gets the right oppurtunity, he strikes. Right?

And no you didn't mention the Ultimate line but you DID refer to Spider-Man as a kid--which he is in the Ultimate line and NOT in regular Marvel continuity. Hello.


Thank you very much.
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.