The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #1601
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
The preview they show is probably going to be a clip of the screenshots we already have. So its probably not going to be anything completely new.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #1602
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
I remember trying to stop the recording once commercials started and restarting when they ended.

Never could get the timing just right.
ONE TIME I RECORDED POWER RANGERS AND GOT IT TO LOOK LIKE IT WAS A BLACK FADE.

All caps for pride.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #1603
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
I remember trying to stop the recording once commercials started and restarting when they ended.

Never could get the timing just right.
Now that is a skill I did master. All my TMNT TV recordings had the commercials cut out.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #1604
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Booo.

Sorry, I've taken to buying old VHSs from flea markets just for the possible commercials.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #1605
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
I haven't recorded anything off TV since like 2005.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #1606
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Sorry, sorry.. But good stuff is coming - be excited!
Yahoo!!! No sorrys my friend!!! Good news and good stuff always welcome!!!!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #1607
CrazySquirrel
Foot Soldier
 
CrazySquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 147
Its always good to know good news is coming Rose! Thanks!
CrazySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #1608
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Thanks for the info, Rose. I can't wait. I'll definitely be checking out the KCA for this.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #1609
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
we keep on riding the great turtles world domination wave here...another wave commin up, rose?delightful...
thanks for the hint to good times, such is always welcome.
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #1610
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Ok, I now have it from a reliable source that there WILL be some sort of preview connected with the Kids Choice Awards, but don't expect it to be much more than a minute or two. I'm sure we'll hear more soon. Details on when it will be exactly aren't confirmed yet.

(I also heard some other awesome news today, but I'm not allowed to share - arrrrg.)
Sounds good to me! I figured they'd show something that's the same length as a standard theatrical movie trailer at the KCA and then maybe show the entire first episode during a panel at Comic Con this summer.
__________________


Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #1611
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,193
I just want to hear the fugging voices. Please!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #1612
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Why? As inappropriate as Nick has ever been, they never had any fugging scenes in their shows... AFAIK.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #1613
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Apparently they showed some footage at Toy Fair, which several members of the Transformers online community attended.

I didn't see anyone discussing the footage, so I guess I'll just repost the guy's response here (I have not seen it, myself):

Quote:
Having seen the sizzle at Toy Fair, I may as well give some impressions.

-Just like how Mainframe and Nerd Corps Entertainment had animation styles that carried over to all their productions, the animation for this moves a lot like Nickelodeon's other two in-house CGI shows, Penguins and Kung-Fu Panda.

-You'll see a lot of Ciro Nieli's trademark style in the show: if you've seen Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go or Teen Titans, expect some directorial queues to pop up: one scene in particular, when Mikey kicks a falling can and a little *PWOK* sound effect bubble appears, followed by the other three Turtles doing a slide motion from off-screen to go *SHHH* while a giant *SHHH* fills the background reminded me of his past work quite a bit.

-This Mikey is without a doubt, the goofiest Mikey ever. Seriously. When everyone else is acting like a ninja, he's making Bruce Lee noises and posing in comical kung-fu poses. Mikey haters will hate this Mikey like no other Mikey before him: he takes the comic relief role and ramps it up to eleven. It doesn't help that Greg Cipes is using a high-pitched voice that I've never heard him use before. He's so high-pitched he makes Beast Boy sound like he went through puberty.

-It's kind of weird hearing Ron Paulsen voice Don if you're used to his Raph, 'cause he's using pretty much the same voice for both, although I think it works better for Don than it would have for Raph, obviously.

-If it wasn't common knowledge, Kevin Michael Richardson's voicing the Shredder, and although we only see him for about three seconds at the end, they're probably going for a dripping-with-evil presentation along the lines of Teen Titan's Slade and the Skeleton King from Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go. We'll see, I guess.
The "Teen Titans" stuff has me... curious. The Mikey stuff has me... furious.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #1614
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Oh no, Mikey.....just NO!!!
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #1615
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Apparently they showed some footage at Toy Fair, which several members of the Transformers online community attended.

I didn't see anyone discussing the footage, so I guess I'll just repost the guy's response here (I have not seen it, myself):



The "Teen Titans" stuff has me... curious. The Mikey stuff has me... furious.
where can we see the footage? will it be uploaded on youtube?
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #1616
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
The mikey bit sounds atrocious.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #1617
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
where can we see the footage? will it be uploaded on youtube?
It hasn't been made public yet.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #1618
Tabetaira Hamato
Thug
 
Tabetaira Hamato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canary Islands
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
It hasn't been made public yet.
Hope it will be public soon.

Oh, poor Mikey! Sounds really, really bad
__________________
[Searching for a quote/image/gif/whatever ]
Tabetaira Hamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #1619
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow
Posts: 301
There's no way Nickelodeon Mikey can be anywhere near as annoying as 2K3 Mikey.
__________________
Moonlight1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #1620
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight1102 View Post
There's no way Nickelodeon Mikey can be anywhere near as annoying as 2K3 Mikey.
Oh, it's possible. Trust me, a year from now we will be talking about how annoying 2k12 Mikey is.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.