![]() |
|
|
#1601 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
But what about so-bad-they're-good movies? Those are worth it....right?
But then again, I love TMNT and want better for them.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
#1602 | |
|
Samhain
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
|
Quote:
As long as they're from the 80s or older. Late 90s and forward bad movies are just gross. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1603 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
|
Quote:
But yeah. There are ENOUGH bad movies. I much prefer nothing - and I mean it, I hope they NEVER make another TMNT movie again, because Hollywood does NOT know how to do a TMNT movie correctly, and they'll NEVER get it right, or even come close. 1990 movie is all anyone needs. And it's as good as they're ever going to do. The more flat-out garbage that comes out that's labelled with the TMNT brand, the harder it will be for anyone to remember why it was unique or special in the first place. And the world has ENOUGH bad movies. They're making MORE "Fast & Furious". Dwayne Johnson still gets work. "Transformers" is becoming a film "UNIVERSE", for god's sake. There's an old saying that goes kinda like, "You can tell everything about a society by how they entertain themselves." Well, currently, between these horrible movies, the Kardashians, and "America's Got Talent" our society entertains itself by guzzling raw sh*t. Some people say it's harmless. I say, don't feed the f*cking beast. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1604 | |
|
I Married a Duck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
|
Quote:
Crap, you beat me to it. I was going to say something like that. They happen to be one of my (not-so)guilty pleasures. Evil Dead trilogy. Need I say more?
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs" "Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491 My various stories and fan-fics are now here- https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end |
|
|
|
|
|
#1605 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
|
Quote:
Nowadays it's like "Look, LOOK! Recycled background shots! You can see the strings! That Guy is just That Other Guy with a fake mustache! Can you see us winking at you, Audience? Because we're doing it rrrrrrreaaaaalllllllyyyyy hard!" It's like, y'know, with this much effort into being "quirky", you could've actually made a GOOD movie, ya nitz. Don't even get me started on that "Asylum" sh*t. I don't even think they're "so bad it's good", they're just f***in' stupid. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1606 |
|
trash
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
|
![]() I looooooove "so bad they're good" movies but those things are like lightning in a bottle: they happen by accident. If you try to create them on purpose (e.g. Sharknado, Birdemic), it doesn't work - you just end up with badness and none of the goodness.
__________________
![]() Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions). |
|
|
|
|
#1607 |
|
I Married a Duck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
|
I dunno, Sharknado at least had the distinction of being original in concept. That's something, right?
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs" "Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491 My various stories and fan-fics are now here- https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end |
|
|
|
|
#1608 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
|
Eh, maybe. I still don't think EVERY idea someone's brain shat out deserves to actually become reality.
Or, as Carlin once oh-so-eloquently put it, "Not every ejaculation deserves a name." |
|
|
|
|
#1609 |
|
trash
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
|
Yeah, but then it also had Tara Reid. Having the self-awareness to cast that bad of an actress just destroys the delicate tapestry.
You can cast Danny Trejo in a good "bad" movie and have it still work because hey, he's Danny Trejo - but when you're going through the bin marked "actors who will do anything for a paycheck", that doesn't mean you go to the absolute bottom of the barrel.
__________________
![]() Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions). |
|
|
|
|
#1610 |
|
I Married a Duck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
|
True. No denying THAT. Blue Door script is proof enough of that.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs" "Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491 My various stories and fan-fics are now here- https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end |
|
|
|
|
#1611 | ||
|
A Crusty Bob Fan
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
|
Quote:
Devil's Night - The first Crow movie. Dios Los Muertos - Second Crow movie City of Angels. You got it right the first time. And it would appear that you're also correct for the movie directors mish-mashing both Halloween and Dead of The Dead together for that parade scene. (Along with Christmas too from the looks of the screenshots that we've been seeing.)
__________________
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
#1612 |
|
Mutant Tiger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
|
Found this posted on Facebook, The TMNT 2 logo, We seen this on those chairs from the filming before.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
|
|
|
|
|
#1613 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
One of my favorite so-bad-it's-good flick. I almost wish someone had the guts to re-make this:
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
#1614 |
|
trash
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
|
I would love to pretend that I'm classy enough to nominate something other than Orgy Of The Dead as my fave Ed Wood flick... but I can't.
__________________
![]() Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions). |
|
|
|
|
#1615 |
|
I Married a Duck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
|
Really?! NOT Plan 9 From Outer Space? I mean it was billed as THE worst movie ever MADE!!
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs" "Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491 My various stories and fan-fics are now here- https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end |
|
|
|
|
#1616 | ||
|
Samhain
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
|
Quote:
Made people lazy. It may have been sh*t, but it was still sh*t that was full of life. Quote:
It's easily Wood's best movie too, in that you can watch it on its own and still eek out SOME enjoyment. But once you get into Orgy of the Dead, Sinister Urge, Bride of the Monster, Jail Bait, The Violent Years, you'll see WHY Plan 9 is the best of the worst. Hell, I like it for the kitschy 1950s black and white horror/alien aesthetic, as well as it being just a really entertaining movie.
__________________
![]() Last edited by Jester; 06-09-2015 at 11:02 PM. |
||
|
|
|
|
#1617 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
|
Awwww yeeeeaaaah. You got it, dude.
Now they just push buttons. So it don't matter. "Hey, here's a fake dinosaur. Here's a fake Ninja Turtle. Here's a fake super-hero saving a fake space shuttle in front of a fake sky background. Boy, this all costs a fortune despite looking like shiny hyper-glossy garbage, huh?" Trick: But will future events such as these REALLY affect you in the future? I wanna know. |
|
|
|
|
#1618 | |
|
Samhain
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1619 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Love Ed Wood's filmography (Though I can't say I've seen Orgy of the Dead). Bought the box set of Glen or Glenda, Bride of the Monster, Jail Bait, Plan Nine, and Night of the Ghouls from Hastings because of my love of Plan Nine, but having seen the others, I think I like Jail Bait best because it's such a unique....though sooooo bad....movie.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
#1620 | |
|
I Married a Duck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
|
Quote:
I wouldn't know much about those- Plan 9 is the only one I've ever really TRIED to watch. His other stuff, I've mostly only ever seen in clips. What I've SEEN though, was bad. Very, VERY bad. But, yeah, you're kind of right about the appeal. (Though for "bad" movies, I prefer some of the original Universal Monster films. Dracula makes me laugh whenever I watch it, because of Lugosi's over-the-top acting, and the "special effects". Armadillos and opossums for rats??!! I realize it was for the perspective, but, c'mon guys!)
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs" "Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491 My various stories and fan-fics are now here- https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2 |
|
|