![]() |
|
|
#1641 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1642 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
I couldn't agree more...but I'm obviously very biased.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#1643 |
|
Wacky Action
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
|
Works for me! ^_^
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1644 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
|
Okay. Already we’re getting negative on the 2k12 series?
![]() I think I can tolerate the Nick Mikey because it’s Mikey. I know he may be annoying in some adaptations, but that’s how kids recognize him to be – goofy but fun loving. I think Greg Cipes can do a good job. I didn’t expect his voice to be that high, but who knows what we’ll be getting in the end? But I’m going to be optimistic and excited about this one.![]() As for Raphael’s voice . . . What can I say? Samwise has pulled it off! I knew Sean Astin could do it! I can’t wait to hear him on the series!Now all I’ll have to here left is Leo, Don, Shredder, and Splinter. Heck, I think I know what April will sound like – Katara!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1645 | |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1646 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
I feel like there are probably two different threads currently bashing "goofy Mikey stereotypes," but seeing as how this is the thread that really matters, I'll just share my thoughts here.
My problem with 2k3 Mikey in later seasons was not that he was simply a goofball, it was that he was entirely self-absorbed whenever a situation called for compassion or sobriety. Leatherhead crushed to death by a sewer cave-in? No big deal, Mikey's just happy the turtles got out in time. Forget trying to dig that poor gator out of the rubble. The other Acolytes (and the whole Ninja Tribunal) got axed by the Foot Mystics? "Oh well, at least I got this cool amulet! Let's go join the Justice Force!" Master Splinter's data bits scattered across cyber-space? "Bummer, but where are my video games? I hope Casey didn't throw them out while we were off in the 2105." So, yeah... as long as the Nick cartoon actually tries to give him a sense of compassion, I should be fine (for the most part).
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#1647 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1648 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
|
Quote:
I have no problem with Mikey being funny as long as it's balanced to the correct time and place! That said, I think considering we haven't even heard an actual line of dialogue from the show it's not quite time yet to be judging the characters. Let's see who this Mike is before we start bashing him
__________________
![]() Artwork by Jim Lawson |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1649 |
|
Space Cowboy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
|
What do you mean, " give him a sense of compassion"? 2k3 mikey has shown compassion, like when he found klunk, and when he forgave leatherhead when LH thought he had kill him. Also, in Turtles Forever, near the end even he got annoyed with the OT turtles for not taking 2k3 shredder seriously.
__________________
![]() Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 02-19-2012 at 06:17 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1650 | |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Quote:
Then again, when LH left Mikey did wanna let him know he was ok... so that accounts for something. Man, you 4Kids Mikey apologists are hard core.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 Last edited by Jester; 02-19-2012 at 06:23 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1651 | ||
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,204
|
Back to this...
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzsKMz7NvMs Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#1652 |
|
Technodrome Technician
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
|
Im not sure if I would like the idea of turtles anime style. I really like Teen Titans, but TMNT ????Im not sure if id like it, jst wait and see I guess
__________________
GT:Reedeamer THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015 http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1653 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Apple, 3am
Posts: 456
|
I just Mikey to be written as a goofball who is also a capable fighter, who in some instances, knows exactly what he's doing and can strategize a plan. I don't mind him being a goofball, but please let him be a more mellow goofball like in the 87 series or the first movie, not a spastic overly energetic one like Beast Boy was at times, or a complete idiot like in the TMNT 2007 film.
... Also bring back his awesome grappling hook
__________________
My Collection |
|
|
|
|
|
#1654 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
I don't get to say this enough, but...
I LOVE'd "Teen Titans"!
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#1655 |
|
Space Cowboy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
|
Teen Titans was a pretty good show. Sure it had some goofy episodes, but it did also have some good dark tone episodes too. I wouldn't mind if they made Shredder like Slade because he was the best villian on the show.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1656 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Never watched Titans when it was airing. Did watch one episode because the plot reminded me of Same As It Never Was. Was a good episode.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#1657 | |||||||||
|
Something from the Past
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
|
We have an entire thread dedicated to 4Kids Mikey, how did this happen?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why are you guys making all of these doom-day assumptions for 2k12 Mike from that one quote? Wait to make your opinions... |
|||||||||
|
|
|
|
|
#1658 |
|
Leo-holic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
|
I'm going to wait and see the show myself before I judge if 2K12 Mikey is annoying. I think Cipes can pull it off though. As long as he doesn't become self-absorbed like 2K3 Mikey did after the Battle Nexus arc, I think I'll be fine with him. I don't mind him being goofy, but I'd also like to see him as a capable fighter and not a total wimp either. Yes, he can be afraid at times, just not too much like 2K3 Mikey was.
So, Don pretty much sounds like Raph? I figured he would do something different for the voice.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One. "Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1659 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
I kinda did too, but I expected a kinda Yakko Warner quality, which to be fair is still pretty much just Rob's own voice.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#1660 |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,204
|
You can pretty much always tell it's Rob in most of his roles, though. As hardcore TMNT fans, I'm sure we'll be able separate his two turtles from the little spins and nuances he applies to this new Donnie.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| 2k12, nick |
|
|