The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #1681
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
yes... next wave should start appearing pretty soon. We'll see info from our posters in asia first, then they'll hit USA within 3 or 4 weeks of that. Which means it could be any day now of first sightings...
That's good news. Are the waves coming out the way they were displayed at NY Toy Fair? If so that's bittersweet news for me as I really want to see what accessories come with Tiger Claw besides the pistols. TC is displayed with the robotic Foot, whereas Slash, Newtralizer, Splinter 2, and Rahzar are on another shelf. I'll get them all as they're available but I just wanted to add TC to my collection first. Baddies don't usually come with anything so my hopes are low but I still have hope y'know. I mean on the show he has two blaster pistols, some kind of shoulder rifle, and a blade....not to mention a jetpack. I just hope he has something. Newtralizer had a nice arsenal as well but I've only seen him displayed with an exploding throwing disc. Those two figures I feel NEED to have accessories.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #1682
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
The fact that we haven't heard or seen anything yet kinda worries me...with the movie line taking over soon and Playmates continuously saying that the next Nick wave won't come until the Fall. I hope that's not the case, but we'll see.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #1683
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
The fact that we haven't heard or seen anything yet kinda worries me...
...exactly. Usually we'd see in-box pics or something by now.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #1684
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
hey guys they even just updated the classic collection figures picture to
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:45 AM   #1685
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Those worried about word on wave 9 and 10 need not worry any longer! It's still comin' soon! Toy News International just released high-res shots of a couple figures from both! (Save for Rahzar and the LARPers, as they've already been released in high-res before):







I don't know about you guys, but I can't stop throwing money at that Slash image.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:00 AM   #1686
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Yay!!!!!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #1687
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
One small complaint about the Slash figure...

I noticed the 'wrappings' on his left foot aren't completely painted. You can tell by the textures that the wrapping is supposed to run down to his toes, but for some reason they never colored the other half.

Other then that, he's perfect.

Last edited by Metalwolf; 04-22-2014 at 06:43 AM.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:58 AM   #1688
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Poor newtralizer.

Kraang causes constipation. Who knew?

Someone get him some prune juice

(not a bad figure, just can't get over that look on his face :p)
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:24 AM   #1689
MajorViolence
Stone Warrior
 
MajorViolence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 555
Oh man I am loving that Splinter. A shame about the coloring error on Slash. Hopefully the figures in stores will have that corrected.
__________________
MajorViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:54 AM   #1690
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Now Dojo splinter will get a chance to fight his gigantic dojo training sons
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:04 AM   #1691
LeoRaDoMic
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 272
Pfff Slash was perfect, but now the colors are too bright. His plastron was earlier much darker. From realistic to cartoony, too bad. Still I'm probably getting Slash but Newtralizer..... Tigerclaw looks amazing
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #1692
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I personally think Slash looks the best out of all of them. Looking forward to him the most.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:36 AM   #1693
The Sports Warrior
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 89
I think I've said it before, but that battle damage on the robotic Foot Soldier is gonna suck for army building :\
The Sports Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:06 AM   #1694
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sports Warrior View Post
I think I've said it before, but that battle damage on the robotic Foot Soldier is gonna suck for army building :\
Can you elaborate? I don't see what you mean.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:10 AM   #1695
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
What's wrong with slash?
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:22 AM   #1696
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Can you elaborate? I don't see what you mean.
In the show, it's unlikely for every one to have the exact same battle damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
What's wrong with slash?
What's wrong with him?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:37 AM   #1697
The Sports Warrior
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Can you elaborate? I don't see what you mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
In the show, it's unlikely for every one to have the exact same battle damage.



What's wrong with him?
Yeah, what Donatello19 said. The exact same battle damage repeated on every figure in a robo foot army would look odd.
The Sports Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:44 AM   #1698
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
What's wrong with him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorViolence View Post
Oh man I am loving that Splinter. A shame about the coloring error on Slash. Hopefully the figures in stores will have that corrected.
What's wrong with Slash?



Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sports Warrior View Post
Yeah, what Donatello19 said. The exact same battle damage repeated on every figure in a robo foot army would look odd.
I have not seen season 2 yet so i am not sure if that guy is even supposed to be army build. Seems like a single super foot soldier if u ask me.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:48 AM   #1699
The Sports Warrior
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 89
*Spoiler alert!* There are multiple robo foot soldiers in season 2
The Sports Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:07 AM   #1700
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Well the 'human' foot soldiers can double as Robot foot without much trouble.

Frankly I'm not interested in building a second Nick foot army when they look so similar to begin with

But thanks for explaining what you meant about them being poor army builders

I will be buying one and that's enough for me. I do have a small army of Mousers and 3 human foot + 1 dragon foot. Oh and 3 Squirrelanoids. For me I feel having enough to pose a scene is plenty... you see pics sometimes of people with 30 of these things and it's like damn man
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.