The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2015, 10:11 AM   #1761
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I agree with everything you say except that it will be worse. The one saving grace for the sequel will be that there will be no last-minute rewrites that chop the story up into unrecognizable nonsensical dog food. We won't be subjected to terrible Eric Sachs/Shredder nonsense, no stupid mutagen toxin, no idiotic "drain them of all their blood, even if it kills them".

...

Did I just jinx it? I feel like I just jinxed it.
Definitely just jinxed it.
But we've got Bebop and Rocksteady and actual Foot Ninja. Those two factors make this movie better than the first. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't make it a good movie at all, just a little better than what we got. It's like putting seasoning on horse ****, tbh.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 10:17 AM   #1762
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
Definitely just jinxed it.
But we've got Bebop and Rocksteady and actual Foot Ninja. Those two factors make this movie better than the first. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't make it a good movie at all, just a little better than what we got. It's like putting seasoning on horse ****, tbh.
I'm not yet sold on the Foot ninja. There were going to be ninja in the first movie but Bay cut 'em...

I would love to see the Bebop and Rocksteady versus Splinter fight from the old Blue Door script revitalized though. As long as Rocksteady is an actual rhinoceros and not that weird alien freak thing from that one piece of concept art...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 10:24 AM   #1763
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Guys can we please calm down please, it's not nice seeing all these arguements, I just want this thread kept clean but some people are making it difficult.

I expect it won't be long until they finish filming (maybe in a month or 2) so there won't be as many pics and videos.

Filming outside is getting less and less now as they seem to be filming inside the studios now.

As soon as filming is wrapped up then this thread will probably go quiet, unless their is going to be some reshoots.

So please calm down and keep it civil.

When pics and video's do get posted here, I put most of them (also official Nick stuff too) on Tumblr and I have gotten so many followers because of it (235 followers so far).
I don't like seeing negativity here either. My friends and I had a great time seeing last year's movie in theaters. I even went back a couple of more times and watched it on Christmas after spending the whole afternoon and morning with my family. Was it perfect, no. However, the turtles had awesome personalities and I enjoyed the action as well. I cannot wait for next year's film because they are finally including Bebop and Rocksteady and Casey Jones and the new Shredder and Karai look really cool. I appreciate you posting these photos and videos, Vicky82.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 06-16-2015 at 10:36 AM.
ranger_scout is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 11:34 AM   #1764
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Well one plus would be for them to cut down on boring human stuff. Because I gotta agree that the non-Turtles parts of the first... you can only watch those so many times. See it once or twice and that's enough. It's like that part of the movie just gets longer and longer with each subsequent viewing.

Though I do enjoy the adrenalin part after they've broken out of the cells. The energy rush craziness and the three of them going splat to the lower floor is moderately hilarious (esp normally calm and collected Leo).
IndigoErth is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 12:26 PM   #1765
Sarigar
Mouser
 
Sarigar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13
You know, all the things I hated about the first film have really taken a backseat to all of the vitriol being spit out on these boards. It's non stop and it's the same half a dozen people just railing on the film every friggin day. It's weirdly having the opposite effect on me. In other words, the more you show your hate for this film, the more I grow to like it. So, I'm thinking you guys must be the real plants. Hating in the first so bad that the sequel seems that much better. Congrats.
Sarigar is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 12:33 PM   #1766
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Didn't someone make a thread to act as a discussion thread for this thread, so it wouldn't be cluttered with posts, making it harder to find pictures?

Or did I dream that up?

Honestly, this thread really needs a sister thread acting as a discussion thread only, while this one is for photos and videos as intended, and both should be stickyed so it's easier to find them.
Candy Kappa is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 04:41 PM   #1767
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'm not yet sold on the Foot ninja. There were going to be ninja in the first movie but Bay cut 'em...

I would love to see the Bebop and Rocksteady versus Splinter fight from the old Blue Door script revitalized though. As long as Rocksteady is an actual rhinoceros and not that weird alien freak thing from that one piece of concept art...
I'm sold on Foot Ninja because from what we've seen, they seem to be the main Foot Soldiers, while the Foot with guns were the main Foot Soldiers in TMNT 1.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 05:38 PM   #1768
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
I'm sold on Foot Ninja because from what we've seen, they seem to be the main Foot Soldiers, while the Foot with guns were the main Foot Soldiers in TMNT 1.
Lemme put it this way; if they actually show up in the movie, I'm totally sold on the Foot Ninja. I wanna believe, I'm just scared.

Y'know, having Bay producing TMNT2 is a little like being in an abusive relationship; we want things to change and improve for the better, but honestly, we probably should know better.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED

Last edited by Jester; 06-15-2015 at 05:52 PM.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 07:28 PM   #1769
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Lemme put it this way; if they actually show up in the movie, I'm totally sold on the Foot Ninja. I wanna believe, I'm just scared.

Y'know, having Bay producing TMNT2 is a little like being in an abusive relationship; we want things to change and improve for the better, but honestly, we probably should know better.
Difference is that we can't escape. Every TMNT fan is going to see this movie, whether they buy a ticket or pirate it. At least you can beat the **** out of an abuser if he's hurting you. Michael Bay... you try to touch him, and he'll... well. I think of it as more of a hostage situation. "GIVE ME GOOD REVIEWS OR I'LL KILL YOU CHILDHOOD."
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #1770
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Everything that ever comes out is shared here within minutes of it being posted.
Powder is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 07:50 PM   #1771
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Everything that ever comes out is shared here within minutes of it being posted.
Even the clap-board and director's chair!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 08:11 PM   #1772
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
Difference is that we can't escape. Every TMNT fan is going to see this movie, whether they buy a ticket or pirate it. At least you can beat the **** out of an abuser if he's hurting you. Michael Bay... you try to touch him, and he'll... well. I think of it as more of a hostage situation. "GIVE ME GOOD REVIEWS OR I'LL KILL YOU CHILDHOOD."
It's not that we're trying to touch Bay. HE'S trying to touch US and there's no one to step in and stop him.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 08:43 PM   #1773
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
... there are so many potential jokes you've given me an opening for, Cylons.

__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 09:44 PM   #1774
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
"What awful people those with actual standards and taste are. They ruin everyone's fun with their logic. They need to simmer down and be excited by shiny stupid junk like everyone else."

Whatever. Go get f***ed.
Leo656 is offline  
Old 06-16-2015, 12:27 AM   #1775
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
"What awful people those with actual standards and taste are. They ruin everyone's fun with their logic. They need to simmer down and be excited by shiny stupid junk like everyone else."

Whatever. Go get f***ed.
How did it come to this?
Commenter 42 is offline  
Old 06-16-2015, 01:08 AM   #1776
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Honestly? Society. I've pondered on this often, and it's rather clear. Look around. Look at the media. Look at advertising. Especially look at politics.

"Accept what you're given. Don't ask for more. Don't question anything. Everything is fine, because We Say It Is. You're lucky you have ANYthing, after all. Don't question, don't expect, don't demand, don't complain. And definitely don't ask for anything better than this, or we'll know you're a problem case, and we just might have to 'isolate' you. For your own good and the good of everyone else, of course. After all, it's not that anything is Wrong, you simply Expect Too Much."

That's the world we live in. Which is COMPLETELY different from the "Question Everything, Never Settle, Always Strive To Improve and Be Better" mentality that *I* was raised with. That kind of thinking, however, is long dead and not at all what people are being raised with nowadays. Like I said, it goes way, WAY beyond mere movies. That's trivial. What's scary is, that general attitude, "Just like it and shut up", is how people are "SUPPOSED" to be now, no matter what it is. Docile. Superficial. Uncritical. Unthinking. Blindly following, never questioning, liking and doing what they're told to, and anyone who dissents is "dangerous" and "negative", and nobody should listen to them.

"They Live" happened in real life and we all missed it, basically. Guess we were all at the f***ing movies.
Leo656 is offline  
Old 06-16-2015, 01:53 AM   #1777
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
"TMNT2014 is a bad movie. Secret Of The Ooze is a good movie."

Some people here need to wake the f*ck up.
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline  
Old 06-16-2015, 01:55 AM   #1778
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Whether or not you like what SOTO is, it knows what it's trying to do, & it accomplishes that.
Powder is offline  
Old 06-16-2015, 01:57 AM   #1779
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
That's the world we live in. Which is COMPLETELY different from the "Question Everything, Never Settle, Always Strive To Improve and Be Better" mentality that *I* was raised with. That kind of thinking, however, is long dead and not at all what people are being raised with nowadays.
Welcome to 1984. He was only off by 20 years.
Commenter 42 is offline  
Old 06-16-2015, 01:58 AM   #1780
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Even people who "like" SOTO, will admit it's faults. Much like I, who Like TMNT III can admit it's many faults.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.