The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2006, 10:50 PM   #161
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro
The fact that they are continuing the storyline from the movies pleases me to no end. This movie will officially KICK ASS!
What pleases me more is they dismiss the awful 3rd film.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:37 AM   #162
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
Not sure if anyone was at the Comicon like I was I've been there since Wednesday so please excuse my absence.
Kevin Monroe said that this movie is based on the movie world not the cartoon or anything else. The Movies have become there own version of the turtles amalgamating allot of things into one incarnation of the tmnt.
I saw the trailer it didn't impress me at the auditorium then I saw the exclusive footage he had for us lucky people at the Con! I won't lie to you after it was all shown the monsters, the foot, the snobby rich guy who's hunting for things, Leo and Raph kicking the living crap out of each other, Casey, April, splinter, the rain, the city....I cried.
This movie has my approval 100% it's a beautiful work of art and I HATE CGI so you know this is allot coming from me.
This movie will be taking place after the SECOND MOVIE not the FIRST just so you all know He said it's not like they hate the THIRD movie but it's just not up to stand with the others.
Actually BTW Kevin did not say Shredder will appear in this movie he said if this one does well and they make another he will be in it hopefully.
And when he said this there was a mixed reaction from the crowd just so you all know some booing and some cheering so yes allot of people do like and expect the shredder and some just don't really give a crap they just want the Turtles back on the big screen like myself. He also went on to explain to the crowd in case they had no idea that Shredder was never meant to even be the Turtles main villain because he dies in issue one of the original comics and it was the old cartoon that gave him that status.
Also from what I saw it seems as if they go to a jungle or something like that it could be the start with Leonardo.
He also said they didn't want anything out about this movie they were actually not supposed to show that old poster that was shown to us all before because it looks so bad.
BTW it was Mike in the turtle costume Leo or Don had been talking to him and all you see is his eyes and that he's being spoken to on a head set and its all dark around him with some light on his face...turns out he's got a giant turtle head on and kicks are attacking him with balloon ninja weapons lol!
He also went on to mention that they visit the fans message boards from time to time so you all know they are watching us.
Let me just say The crowed was cheering after this was all shown everyone had a glow on their faces it was such a wonderful thing....I had on a tmnt shirt every day I was there until I left the Con today.
I saw so many people with TMNT shirts and backpacks and whatnot on it makes this 26 year old fan ultra happy to see all of this.
What did not make me happy though was the Con itself it was a big old star wars mess...I mean really how long can they pump this cash cow into the ground?
It's really hard being a turtle fan because besides going to see the new movie clips I'm missing allot from my collection and man are the Turtles frowned upon in the comic book world. When I would ask dealers if they had any ninja turtles they would either say what, laugh at me, say no in a cocky attitude, or scoff at me.
I only found 1 booth that had TMNT comics at the Con a very sad thing.
Kevin said the movie is still in the working stages BTW if anyone wasn't aware of this so it will look amazing when it comes out and I can tell you right now it's going to do very well.
PLAYMATES TOYS better listen up and start coming to this cons they would do allot better morons and they better not FACK up the toys for this movie I'm not kidding.
Also I have the booklet with the art in it is so beautiful I have a few extra I am will to part with but I may put them up on ebay but don't worry I'm gonna scan everything so all the good people of the Drome can see it though
I also have some promo iteams sewer lid magnets as well as posters only Don and Leo though they didn't have any Raphs or Mikes for me.
One last thing if anyone has any questions I'd be more than happy to answere if I can that is.
That scene where Raph and Leo face off. Can you describe it in detail, like, was there any dialouge between them, or, how did the animation look.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:16 AM   #163
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx
What pleases me more is they dismiss the awful 3rd film.
I wish they'd also dismiss the AWFUL 2nd film.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:57 AM   #164
Shred_Head
New Recruit
 
Shred_Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 2
Come on, the second and third weren't bad... I thought the third was better than the second...
__________________
Technodrome, let's kick shell!
Shred_Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:13 AM   #165
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred_Head
Come on, the second and third weren't bad... I thought the third was better than the second...
Welcome to my world. The third had Casey Jones at least. And fighting scenes with weapons.

The second had just Vanilla Ice.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:27 AM   #166
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
That scene where Raph and Leo face off. Can you describe it in detail, like, was there any dialouge between them, or, how did the animation look.
It all went by so quickly sorry I'm just trying to remember it all.
They are on the roof top and Leo says something to Raph about acting like part of the team (whats new) and Raph gets all ticked and they go back and forth it's an intense battle between the 2 brothers and I'm pretty sure Leo wins kicking the living crap out of Raph.
And I'm pretty sure Raph goes off on his own after all this I can only guess this is what happens and he is the one in the armor shown in the toy section of this site if I can recall it all correctly because Raphs always the one on the bike.
I also Remember the new bad guy saying something about "good now I've only one left to capture" or something like that.
There's also this building where the roof opens up and this huge beam of light comes out..
I also remember this big fat army guy being attacked by something in the woods in one scene.
And This huge Gorilla beast thing attacking the Turtles on some one else in a huge warehouse building.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:28 AM   #167
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull
Welcome to my world. The third had Casey Jones at least. And fighting scenes with weapons.

The second had just Vanilla Ice.
wow really theres allore more than a moronic trendy white rapper in that movie to me.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 04:13 AM   #168
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
wow really theres allore more than a moronic trendy white rapper in that movie to me.
I wonder... why Casey wasn't in the second movie?
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:14 AM   #169
Usagi-San
Thug
 
Usagi-San's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 69
I heard that it was parents hating his character due him being not kiddy enough.
Just what I heard growing up though.

He was probably filming something else at the time
Usagi-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:34 AM   #170
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
wow really theres allore more than a moronic trendy white rapper in that movie to me.
I agree. It almost beats the First one for me, considering that the CHARACTERS WERE ACTUALLY MOSTLY IN CHARACTER in the second one. Much more so than the first one. Plus the costumes and voices were alot better.

But hey, this isn't the thread for this discussion, sooo.


Can't wait to see the movie.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:36 AM   #171
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
It's basically like if you throw every tmnt world into a blender and what comes out is this movie it's basically the best blend of everything I can think of.
The trailer is very miss leading btw the movie seems to be allot of dialogue, very dark, action packed, and allot of crazy stuff I'm sure there will be something for everyone.
Btw to the people who don't think the toy of the person in the armor is a turtle I'm more than sure it is if I can remember the extra stuff that was shown I thought it was Leonardo though but it seems as if it's Raph.
Thank's for the info Putrescent. Did anyone else go to comic-con and see this extra footage?

O, and Putrescent, how did the turtles voices sound?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:47 AM   #172
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat King
I wish they'd also dismiss the AWFUL 2nd film.
The 2nd film is my favorite out of all the TMNT movies. The first one feels like a dark film stuck in a kids movie. They tried to make it dark but in the end it ends up being to goofy. I don't care what you think I thought Feldman sucked as Don. He doesn't sound anything like I'd imagine Don sounding.

As much as I like both films the first movie just lacked alot of things that makes the TMNT, well intresting. Danny being one of the most annoying things about that film.

Atleast in TMNT 2 they made it fun. They didn't try and toss in needless dark undertones and realized it was just a kids film. And that to me made it a better movie.

Extra mutants are always cool, and Shredder was just way more evil. Yeah so Ice was in it, so what? That doesn't mean it's a bad film.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:28 AM   #173
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Why are you people dissing the Ice Man? Mr Van Winkle was probably the best thing about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II. Maybe even the only good thing. It was a pretty crappy movie, but the Vanilla Ice scene is pure classic cheese.
Go ninja, go ninja, go!

To quote the talented Mr. Joss Whedon: "I likes me some cheese."
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:28 AM   #174
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent
Why are you people dissing the Ice Man? Mr Van Winkle was probably the best thing about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II. Maybe even the only good thing. It was a pretty crappy movie, but the Vanilla Ice scene is pure classic cheese.
Go ninja, go ninja, go!

To quote the talented Mr. Joss Whedon: "I likes me some cheese."
Okay, I'm not saying I hate Vanilla Ice, or that I hate his part in the movie, or what-not, but to me, Vanilla Ice wasn't the best thing about TMNT II. The best thing was Shredder's buzzsaw helmet.
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:49 AM   #175
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Wow what work even went into that video? They pretty much just took the scene from the movie....
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:04 PM   #176
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
Okay, I'm not saying I hate Vanilla Ice, or that I hate his part in the movie, or what-not, but to me, Vanilla Ice wasn't the best thing about TMNT II. The best thing was Shredder's buzzsaw helmet.
I'll have to disagree with you on that. Ice was way cooler than the sawtooth helmet. I still think the helmet from vol.1 and the old cartoon is the best Shredder helmet.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:42 PM   #177
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
It was a joke.

Anyway, further thinking on it, to me the best part of the second flick was the beginning fight scene. The way the turtles played with the criminals, showing their superiority (and confidence) over them, was hilarious.

"Combat Cold Cuts!"
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:09 PM   #178
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx
The 2nd film is my favorite out of all the TMNT movies. The first one feels like a dark film stuck in a kids movie. They tried to make it dark but in the end it ends up being to goofy. I don't care what you think I thought Feldman sucked as Don. He doesn't sound anything like I'd imagine Don sounding.

As much as I like both films the first movie just lacked alot of things that makes the TMNT, well intresting. Danny being one of the most annoying things about that film.

Atleast in TMNT 2 they made it fun. They didn't try and toss in needless dark undertones and realized it was just a kids film. And that to me made it a better movie.

Extra mutants are always cool, and Shredder was just way more evil. Yeah so Ice was in it, so what? That doesn't mean it's a bad film.

I hate to be so off topic.

Bear in mind I am aware that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but... ARE YOU SERIOUS? The second film was a goofball disaster that was as unTMNT as I could imagine (well except maybe The Next Mutation). At least the first one followed the overall comic storyline. They didn't even use weapons in part 2! They didn't have Casey Jones! Tokka and Rahzar were useless and designed for 6 year olds! I could go on forever.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree but...wow.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #179
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
It was a joke.
Duh. I was just being Captain Deadpan, dude.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:05 PM   #180
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi-San
I heard that it was parents hating his character due him being not kiddy enough.
Just what I heard growing up though.

He was probably filming something else at the time
You are correct, Mr. Bunny, sir. An interview with Peter Laird on NinjaTurtlesNetwork a few years ago said this. I believe he mentioned the lack of weapons scenes in there as well, citing it as being due to idiots who insisted they knew what was best for the movie. If they thought that weapons fighting and vigilanteism was innapropriate for kids, why did they ever include Vanilla Ice? He was NEVER for kids, preaching about drugs and gang violence in his most notorious track. So, TMNT II was the product of hypocrites. But, it was a fun movie that grossed more than the first. Unfortunately, I don't recall hearing anything about why Feldman wasn't involved. As much as I didn't care for his characterization of Don, I HATE when any kind of actors are switched out. Now that I think of it, maybe Elias (CJ) was out for 'Look Who's Talking Too', but that wouldn't have been reason enough for a rewrite. And, I believe Judith Hoag (April in the first movie) was voted of the island by test audiences for not being hot enough.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.


Last edited by gobo; 07-24-2006 at 03:58 PM.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.