The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #161
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
Oh I remember that, I was referring to toy companies ruining shows by making them into toy ads.
Oh, I can't recall any. Probably the 2002 He-Man cartoon. Especially around the Snake Man arc, where they brought in a new character or vehicle every episode to hawk another toy or variant.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:31 PM   #162
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
Oh, I can't recall any. Probably the 2002 He-Man cartoon. Especially around the Snake Man arc, where they brought in a new character or vehicle every episode to hawk another toy or variant.
Wow really? Most Cartoons from the 80's where hour long toys advertisments.
They even made fun of it allot in other shows.
I didn't notice them as a kid but I do see it now: Thundercats, TMNT, GI Joe, Transformers, the list goes on and on.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:31 PM   #163
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Wow really? Most Cartoons from the 80's where hour long toys advertisments.
They even made fun of it allot in other shows.
I didn't notice them as a kid but I do see it now: Thundercats, TMNT, GI Joe, Transformers, the list goes on and on.
Yeah I know, but he said what shows were ruined. The writters of those shows knew damn well they were long toy ads right from the start.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #164
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
Oh, I can't recall any. Probably the 2002 He-Man cartoon. Especially around the Snake Man arc, where they brought in a new character or vehicle every episode to hawk another toy or variant.
God in heck that season was awful. About four good episodes, the first three, and "The Power of Greyskull" were the highlights of season two, but you're right, that entire arc was a waste of plastic, especially since all Mattel continued to do was sell more He-Man and Skeletor figures than anything else.

I hate that stigma of "toy commercial" though, the 1980's cartoons all rose ABOVE being commercilist, most shows now that do the same thing don't do that at all.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:34 PM   #165
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
God in heck that season was awful. About four good episodes, the first three, and "The Power of Greyskull" were the highlights of season two, but you're right, that entire arc was a waste of plastic, especially since all Mattel continued to do was sell more He-Man and Skeletor figures than anything else.
Yeah I hated that. The other Masters were hard as hell to find. And all those damn variants were just pointless. People say Playmates over did it with the Turtle variants, well they had nothing on Mattel.

And the ending of the Snake Man arc made me dry heave.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:36 PM   #166
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
Yeah I hated that. The other Masters were hard as hell to find. And all those damn variants were just pointless. People say Playmates over did it with the Turtle variants, well they had nothing on Mattel.

And the ending of the Snake Man arc made me dry heave.
They over did it in the 90's with tmnt and it's a large part of what helped in the demise of tmnt.
But yeah I don't think they over did it this time around I think them being cheap and using the same sculpts over and over helped allot though sure.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:36 PM   #167
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I'm afraid to even ask who Snake Man is.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:37 PM   #168
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
I'm afraid to even ask who Snake Man is.
*face palm* I don't know you...
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:38 PM   #169
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
I'm afraid to even ask who Snake Man is.
The Snake Men. A race of snake people who tried to take over Eternia. And they're leader is basically 3 snakes tied together with legs.

That's about all there is to them.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:43 PM   #170
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
*face palm* I don't know you...
Glad someone got where I was going with that
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:18 PM   #171
X
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 767
I agree with you guys when you say ratings not being accurate stinks. If they only knew how many people probably DO watch the show, maybe they would see it's worth keeping around.

I guess businesses are all about their money and covering their asses.

Who knows though, I still remain optimistic the bros will get home, but I will miss the FF episodes as they provided me with something different, however I can't wait to slip back into those old pair of shoes.

-X-
__________________
"Wisemen say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza."
X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:53 PM   #172
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Yep, I hope they bring Rat King back, he's awesome.

I'm concerned about continuity, so hopefully this is still the same 2k3 series when the next season airs.

The title of the show will probably change though, as they're obviously not going to call it Fast Forward anymore...will they retitled it as "TMNT" to be like the movie title? Or will they go back to the old logo?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:48 PM   #173
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
Of course it'll return to New York. It doesn't make sense to have a theatrical film out there where the TMNT are a very specific way, while meanwhile having a cartoon on the air where it's futuristic oddities and such that's not really recognizeable. Your best bet is going to be to change the cartoon to better suit the theatrical film out there and possibly catch a whole slew of more fans coming off their movie high.

At any rate, the "Fast Forward" angle was done as a last ditch effort to kickstart the cartoon's ratings. With the movie out there, if not earning a ton of money has at least put the word out about TMNT in a big way, so the cartoon no longer needs a "We're in the future, dudes!" gimmick to bring ratings.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:30 AM   #174
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I hope you're right. And, though it would make things a bit inconsistent in the art, maybe if they're running off the movie buzz they'll make the TMNT a bit less bulky. That's the only thing I have against 2k3.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:11 AM   #175
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I do hope they return to the continuity after Fast Forward ends. That Fast Forward was just a side story that does not mess up the main story. I do think the movie boosted ratings quite a bit.

Granted, I have not watched Fast Forward. But I do want to get back to the main plot and not have Cody Jones be the protagonist anymore.
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:24 PM   #176
trevEk08
New Recruit
 
trevEk08's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4
well. i've heard about fast forward being cancelled.. but i'm pretty sure that wasn't referring to the entire TMNT cartoon. I certainly hope not anyway
__________________
trevEk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #177
trevEk08
New Recruit
 
trevEk08's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4
and yes i agree Scandia. They can easily throw out the side story and get back to good ol' New York
__________________
trevEk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:09 AM   #178
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Six, yes, the FF toys sold poorly.

Seven, yes, the movie toys are selling really well..
Okay, I thought the FF toys did pretty well (aside from the asinine action feature varients which always do poorly). I have been trying to find Donatellto for a while, and haven't had any success.

But the movie toys are selling like they are made out of gold and come with free tickets to Disney World. All I ever see is Max, and no one else. I still haven't gotten any of them yet, and I can't find the mini figures anywhere.

That said, 4Kids has no clue how to run a business. They keep bringing out all these big big plans of how something's gonna be the next something else, and they plan all this merchandise for upcoming mo nths..... then nothing. Even though I am not a fan of Pinata at all, I was kinda looking forward to getting a small plush of the bear or something. Not to mention how they effed up with one Piece. Hell, they even planned some merchandising based on Jim Henson's early sketches.

TMNT is the ONLY hit they really have about now, and I am worried about the future of the cartoon. If they indeed make new episodes, why not at least make an ending to FF? They really should have kept it as a smaller scale show. Considering this isn't going to go forward any faster, they should have cut quite a few filler storylines out.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #179
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
Considering this isn't going to go forward any faster, they should have cut quite a few filler storylines out.
O.O What that a pun?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:38 PM   #180
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
Okay, I thought the FF toys did pretty well (aside from the asinine action feature varients which always do poorly). I have been trying to find Donatellto for a while, and haven't had any success.

But the movie toys are selling like they are made out of gold and come with free tickets to Disney World. All I ever see is Max, and no one else. I still haven't gotten any of them yet, and I can't find the mini figures anywhere.

That said, 4Kids has no clue how to run a business. They keep bringing out all these big big plans of how something's gonna be the next something else, and they plan all this merchandise for upcoming mo nths..... then nothing. Even though I am not a fan of Pinata at all, I was kinda looking forward to getting a small plush of the bear or something. Not to mention how they effed up with one Piece. Hell, they even planned some merchandising based on Jim Henson's early sketches.

TMNT is the ONLY hit they really have about now, and I am worried about the future of the cartoon. If they indeed make new episodes, why not at least make an ending to FF? They really should have kept it as a smaller scale show. Considering this isn't going to go forward any faster, they should have cut quite a few filler storylines out.
You know I really think it has to do with what area of the country you live in also cause if you ask me the Fast Forward figures did way better than the last few waves of 2k3 tmnt and I know because playmates was not happy with how the toys had been selling.
People say the new show is doing well because of the movie yeah how about maybe people didnt even know there was a new show.
I love 2k3 and all and I like FF but I'll tell you now while I showed people later episodes of 2k3 they liked them a hell of allot when I showed them the first episodes from season one while they said the animation was nice they got bored fast because they had seen it all before and it wasn't quite as interesting as the old toons way of doing it.
I know allot of people ended up enjoy fast forward over all at this point because it started to change dramaticly over the corse of it's run.
So to say that the movie is the only reason the turtles are doing well seems like a load of flame war bull to me.
I mean you can say what you want but I've got 2 eyes and I have been traveling cross country since christmas those Fast Forward figures are hard as hell to find. The movie figures on the other hand theres so many turtles around everyone in each home across america could have one.
And if they they really think the variants of movie turtles with slight changes are going to do well they really need to think again.
Like You said as always the variants sit forever you would think they would really get the hint by now and see what figures are not selling and sit and collect dust on the shelves...i mean if they really want to make money off these things.
It would also help if these things came out when the characters apear on the show or a bit before not months later then no one gives a crap besides us fans.
It's like really who are these marketing people.
And I agree they need to give Fast Forward an ending I'm going to be really ticked if it just ends with no warning and switches again.
Do they really think the fans and children are that stupid? I guess they must I mean I know people even kids who where like wht the heck? when they showed the first episode to the lost season then never aired anything else and went right to fast forward.
That was one of the worst mistakes they or anyone who works with the turtles ever made ever including the creation of venus to screw up the time line of things is a fate worse than death for a show.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.