The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #161
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
I found Hun extremely underused in the 4th season.
Was it because of his VA? I noticed he sounded very differently so maybe that was part of it?

TLS had a definitive ending to me because the Foot was no longer a threat. The Foot had such a central part of the 2k3 universe, now they have kinda done their thing. I agree with FF coming after TLS, but that was almost a whole other universe.

Quote:
Yes, go back to 2K3. We still have Bishop, Baxter, Hun, and the Big Mob Boss for villians. And why can't Karai go back evil?
That would work, but it'd be a lot like the first half of season two meets the last half of season four. Maybe I'm alone in that thought though. My vote is still for Ultimate. It would have been a good bridging point for Archie, which some of us would like to see how well that goes in the new cartoon.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:57 AM   #162
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Can someone explain the Ultimate concept to me?
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:45 AM   #163
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I actually think that the end of Season 5 may be more correspondent to the end of Volume 2, and that the end of City at War in the comics may be more correspondent to Exodus.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:11 PM   #164
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
I actually think that the end of Season 5 may be more correspondent to the end of Volume 2, and that the end of City at War in the comics may be more correspondent to Exodus.
The end of Volume 2 had a alien invasion that was contained with-in area 51. How is that anything like Season 5, a season that not one episode had anything to do with any comic?

I'm not even going to touch the CIty At War one...
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #165
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
Can someone explain the Ultimate concept to me?
http://the-5th-turtle.blogspot.com/2...-also-not.html

Other than the old toon Splinter concept. I think it would have been interesting, at least the best of the three so far lol.

As grumpy as Spit is today, I'm going to have to agree with him on the CaW one. How the heck do you get Exodus as ANYTHING like CaW? Exodus has Saki as an Utrom, Bishop, spaceships, turtles getting the crap beat out of them, Utrom judicial branch, a mega super Shredder exosuit. CaW has robots, introduction of Karai, Foot Elite as main players, Splinter and Rat King, Don leaving at the end for Massachusetts, Casey getting married, and then April adopting the orphan that Casey had married the mom of. I'm confused, where do you see the similarities there?
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #166
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I am not drawing parallels between the plots.

I am stating that CaW in the comics concluded a major arc like Exodus concluded another one in the TV series. And that as the Ninja Tribunal season was the end of the regular 2k3 toon before it went on to the next stage in Fast Forward, just as Volume 2 was the end of the regular main story before it moved on to the next phase that is Volume 4- where the Turtles and other non- humans walk around in broad daylights.

Plots have no similarities with each other.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:45 PM   #167
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Eh I can see what your getting at but I still think the comparison was pointless.

Yeah I am grumpy today sorry guys
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:50 AM   #168
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I have to bring up Karai because I don't think there was a big resolution with her. Yes, she found peace, but I don't think she really settled things with the Turtles. She never told them that there was a truce between her and them. This means that she could still be evil to an extent. Plus, as others have said, we do have Baxter, Bishop, The Rat King, and other villains we've seen little of. This means that 2K3 could be continued from Ninja Tribunal. I always thought FF was just a separate series until I saw "The Journal." However, even that screwed us over since we didn't see all of the Tribunal series on TV.

So, what's my point? My point is that 2K3 can continue. However, if you guys think Archie would be good too, I'm for it, though I've never read the comic books at all.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:56 AM   #169
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
No one is denying that 2K3 could continue on its beaten path. It's just unlikely to happen. Since the ratings were slipping towards the end of it, 4Kids will insist on remodeling the series. That's why it isn't an option.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.


Last edited by gobo; 10-10-2007 at 03:05 PM.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:29 PM   #170
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Oh, I see. Well, then I guess we'll just have to settle for something else. I just hope that whatever we get is better than Fast Forward, but I'm not gonna hope too hard.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:48 PM   #171
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I have to bring up Karai because I don't think there was a big resolution with her. Yes, she found peace, but I don't think she really settled things with the Turtles. She never told them that there was a truce between her and them. This means that she could still be evil to an extent. Plus, as others have said, we do have Baxter, Bishop, The Rat King, and other villains we've seen little of. This means that 2K3 could be continued from Ninja Tribunal. I always thought FF was just a separate series until I saw "The Journal." However, even that screwed us over since we didn't see all of the Tribunal series on TV.
Totally agreed.

But I'm gonna say something more since I'm tired of people praising something that, to me, was hardly a gem in the history of the 2k3 series.

I have seen the entire Lost Season through several times in hopes that it would feel less like a cop-out than it did on my initial viewing, but that's just what it is: a cop-out for many seasons of character development with sudden resolutions of old conflicts and the involvement of new characters who incited neither my fascination nor my sympathy. Just because it was violent or "hardcore" didn't make it great. The Ninja Tribunal arc was essentially a last-minute battle-to-end-all-battles formula applied to a series that would probably never resurface again in its untainted form. It is one of the most overrated segments of TMNT 2K3, in my opinion. Even Fast Forward with its ridiculous flashing colors, annoying child sidekicks and slogans and terrible setting was more fulfilling than the Ninja Tribunal arc.

Sorry, it's just that I'm seeing nothing but praise and criticism of those who dare think otherwise and I'm tired of keeping my mouth shut. The Lost Season was not the ingenious lost "gem" it is puffed up to be.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #172
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
The Lost Season was not the ingenious lost "gem" it is puffed up to be.
Damn straight. Cop-out, it was. But, I didn't think it was that bad.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #173
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
No one is denying that 2K3 could continue on its beaten path. It's just unlikely to happen. Since the ratings were slipping towards the end of it, 4Kids will insist on remodeling the series. That's why it isn't an option.
You can bet your ass if TLS banks in some huge ratings they will go back to the 2K3 style and all. And it just might cause it has animey crap in it and kids now of days love that crap. You know the more I think about it the more I think TLS was made for a toyline Playmates never got to do...
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:33 AM   #174
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
"Kay. True. But, for the sake of argument, that's a last resort... and a mighty big 'if'. 4Kids' track record suggests that they'll make some other bonehead move during their airing of TLS that will ruin what could have been an otherwise perfect run. With a year before season 7, only 3 unaired eps of >> left and 12 of TLS, there are too many opportunities for 4Kids to not mess things up.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:13 AM   #175
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
How 'bout TMNT: Rewind? The Turtles go back in time, fighting the forces of evil and experiencing history, helping historical figures like Johnny Appleseed, George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Bill Clinton, Thomas Jefferson...

Okay, bad idea.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:31 AM   #176
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphAttack View Post
How 'bout TMNT: Rewind? The Turtles go back in time, fighting the forces of evil and experiencing history, helping historical figures like Johnny Appleseed, George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Bill Clinton, Thomas Jefferson...

Okay, bad idea.

Shhhhhhhhh don't give them ideas....
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:45 AM   #177
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
You know the more I think about it the more I think TLS was made for a toyline Playmates never got to do
I thought the Mystic TMNT were the playmates line for TLS..?

Quote:
How 'bout TMNT: Rewind? The Turtles go back in time, fighting the forces of evil and experiencing history, helping historical figures like Johnny Appleseed, George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Bill Clinton, Thomas Jefferson...
Oh oh then we can have TMNT: Slow motion! Each episode is only like a third or a fourth of a real episode, and they all move like the Matrix stuff, in really slow motion, even conversations. How about TMNT: Reverse where everything can go backwards, the entire episode backwards. Season finale as the season "premiere" too.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:45 AM   #178
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Ooooh! OOOOHHH!

Great idea! They can just air all of the first four seasons again, played at an eighth of the normal play speed!

TMNT: Slow Motion!

And hey, "Rewind" would be a lot better than Overload. Whose crummy idea was that, and what were they smoking?
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #179
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
Everything seems to be TMNT: Paused at the moment

===HERO
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #180
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
yeah... soon followed by TMNT: Cancelation
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tmnt: overload


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.