The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #161
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Didn't Triston say something about this story actually taking place much later in the series from when it is being released?
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #162
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
I don't remember saying that... It definitely stands on its own legs... or tentacles (or both in some cases)... but it's not set in the future or past or anything like that. I think we've worked it in just after the second story arc (roughly). Things might become clearer as it goes along, but I've kind of removed any telltale signs of it fitting in specifically anywhere or referencing other events in the main continuity so far.
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #163
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
I'm only getting the TMNT Infestation issues for the hell of it.. I assume any story elements I might miss by not buying the other issues in which they might cameo might be explained somehow. But I still find it stupid to make a crossover with them so quickly when they are still basically in their first/second story arc. It's like making Superman meet Batman and help him fight Giganta on Wonder Woman's island right after Batman # 5. They weren't exactly metting Archie right off the bat ya know...
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #164
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
If it is handled like the last crossover then they wont actually be meeting anyone. They will be in their book while the main event is taken care of in another title.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #165
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
If it is handled like the last crossover then they wont actually be meeting anyone. They will be in their book while the main event is taken care of in another title.
But aren't they also in the main Infestation mini?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #166
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
But aren't they also in the main Infestation mini?
I'm not sure, It hasn't been made totally clear yet as far as I can tell.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #167
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
The first Infestation just had the zombie's in everyones world but the main characters never meet. It was all handled in a separate title and basically the zombies went to the other worlds to find things to "enhance" their leader. I don't know about this new Infestation but I have a feeling it will be simular.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #168
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
Yeah, it's the same type of deal that Matches describes. Infestation TMNT is totally separate from everything else. If you read the other Infestation titles, you'll have a better idea why these monsters are everywhere, but if you don't care about that and are fine with the Turtles fighting monsters, then you can just dive right in.

No need for other stuff unless you want to check it out. Oh, TMNT appear in two panels of Infestation 2 #1, just glimpses into their world.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #169
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'm only getting the TMNT Infestation issues for the hell of it.. I assume any story elements I might miss by not buying the other issues in which they might cameo might be explained somehow. But I still find it stupid to make a crossover with them so quickly when they are still basically in their first/second story arc. It's like making Superman meet Batman and help him fight Giganta on Wonder Woman's island right after Batman # 5. They weren't exactly metting Archie right off the bat ya know...
Aww, and here I was hoping it was because I was writing it!
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #170
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,398
I do want to say this...

I know I'm very guilty of perpetrating this myself (however unwittingly, but the issue in question is one I do have strong opinions about), but I feel that Tristan Jones and his Infestation 2 mini have become victims, perhaps even scapegoat of the "rainbow bandanna or not" debate. It is unfortunate and no fault of Tristan's that the first revelations to this end stemmed from this material... it's just the way things shook out, be it those promo pics or the artist saying too much on DeviantArt. Whatever comes of the rainbow bandannas when the dust settles, none of these things should be held against what Tristan has been writing, which I know -- even if I hate it (disclaimer: I don't think I will hate it) -- is nothing less than a labor of love by him.

I can't say I agree with him on all things TMNT, but dude has held an amazing passion for TMNT since day one and his Tales of the TMNT V2 issues -- easily among the highlights of the whole volume -- certainly show it on every page. I've interviewed him when I still ran a TMNT site. I've bought the man a drink before and cheersed. He's a Mirage alumni, and I don't think it sounds too lame to say I feel damn proud to see him move onto work on the boys in green at IDW.

So yes, I'm eagerly awaiting to see what he's got in store for us at IDW in this and anything else. And so should you.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:17 PM   #171
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Andrew you put that so well. It is amazing to have Tristan doing a story again. He is one hell of a writer of our boys in green and having him back if only for two issues is a treat unto its self.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:18 PM   #172
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I do want to say this...

I know I'm very guilty of perpetrating this myself (however unwittingly, but the issue in question is one I do have strong opinions about), but I feel that Tristan Jones and his Infestation 2 mini have become victims, perhaps even scapegoat of the "rainbow bandanna or not" debate. It is unfortunate and no fault of Tristan's that the first revelations to this end stemmed from this material... it's just the way things shook out, be it those promo pics or the artist saying too much on DeviantArt. Whatever comes of the rainbow bandannas when the dust settles, none of these things should be held against what Tristan has been writing, which I know -- even if I hate it (disclaimer: I don't think I will hate it) -- is nothing less than a labor of love by him.

I can't say I agree with him on all things TMNT, but dude has held an amazing passion for TMNT since day one and his Tales of the TMNT V2 issues -- easily among the highlights of the whole volume -- certainly show it on every page. I've interviewed him when I still ran a TMNT site. I've bought the man a drink before and cheersed. He's a Mirage alumni, and I don't think it sounds too lame to say I feel damn proud to see him move onto work on the boys in green at IDW.

So yes, I'm eagerly awaiting to see what he's got in store for us at IDW in this and anything else. And so should you.
Aww, thanks man. You know I appreciate your passion for things because we've joked about these sorts of arguments over drinks. I think it's going to be VERY interesting seeing what people have to say after the next wave of Turtles comics, especially after seeing things weighed in both here and in several other threads...

There was something said not long ago (I'm not saying what, where, how or by who) that I'm genuinely surprised hasn't been brought up yet, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
Andrew you put that so well. It is amazing to have Tristan doing a story again. He is one hell of a writer of our boys in green and having him back if only for two issues is a treat unto its self.
Cheers dude! It's definitely been fun coming back to the characters and surprisingly challenging. Whether there's any more from me ultimately isn't my call, though.
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones

Last edited by TristanHuwJones; 12-13-2011 at 11:42 PM.
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:27 PM   #173
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
(I'm not saying what, where, how or by who)
Well good christ, you can at least give us one of those.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:43 PM   #174
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Well good christ, you can at least give us one of those.
No, because it really is shockingly obvious. I'm GENUINELY surprised nobody has pointed it out with everything going on.
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #175
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,398
Was it you? "The whole mask thing is going to make complete sense, regardless of where you stand on the issue."

That almost sounds like... it'll be a non-issue.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #176
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Nah, it's in regards to certain arguments earlier and things that were pointed out. There was one thing in particular that was brought up AGES ago that hasn't been brought up since, and I'm very surprised it hasn't.
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:21 AM   #177
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
Nah, it's in regards to certain arguments earlier and things that were pointed out. There was one thing in particular that was brought up AGES ago that hasn't been brought up since, and I'm very surprised it hasn't.
IDW's killing policy?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #178
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
Nah, it's in regards to certain arguments earlier and things that were pointed out. There was one thing in particular that was brought up AGES ago that hasn't been brought up since, and I'm very surprised it hasn't.
What Kevin said in the back of the ashcan about the Turtles waking up as humans?

I've brought that up twice and everyone seems to ignore it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #179
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What Kevin said in the back of the ashcan about the Turtles waking up as humans?

I've brought that up twice and everyone seems to ignore it.
Here is what was said in case anyone missed it...

Quote:
Question: What can we expect out of the first story arc?

Kevin: Yes, we wouldn't want to tell them stuff like the part at the end where they wake up as humans trapped on an alien planet and it all was just a twisted dream, right!?! Whoops... I shared too much again didn't I...?
Personally I think he is being tongue and cheek and has nothing to do with the actual story arc.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #180
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
But what if there is some truth in the lie? I mean think about it, he can't say it straight "hey this is what happens" but in s twisted way he gives us a hint.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
idw, infestation


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.