The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 11:55 PM   #161
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
I've been...distant...from the fandom for a couple years now, but as I Recall there is question if it was made legally. So there are whole extra legal holes there.
The production itself is completely legit. It's the existing DVD that is not. I have no idea who currently holds the rights to those episodes - it could very well be the Japanese production company.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #162
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
The day the TMNT anime OVA actually gets an official release over here, much less dubbed, will be the day hell freezes over.

I wonder if Nick would even bother to acquire it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #163
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Muppet labs...HELP!
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The day the TMNT anime OVA actually gets an official release over here, much less dubbed, will be the day hell freezes over.

I wonder if Nick would even bother to acquire it.
If it's licensing makes it count as part of the Old TV show, I'm not sure they could acquire it. Wolf holds tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The production itself is completely legit. It's the existing DVD that is not. I have no idea who currently holds the rights to those episodes - it could very well be the Japanese production company.
Huh. I wasn't even aware there was a DVD of it. I was referring to some debate I saw about the questionability of the contract and who they got the rights from. Then again, it was years upon years ago.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Sakai. Making a deal with Saki has COMPLETELY different implications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #164
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wonder if Lionsgate is even aware the Turtle Tip shorts exist.
Maybe they think they already released Turtle Tips, because according to you they can't remember what was released in the past.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #165
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Good point!
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #166
jmodlin210
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 74
When is Lionsgate Entertainment going to release a complete series set of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on DVD?
jmodlin210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #167
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
I don't keep up enough, but has anyone talked about how this is on tv in Canada again? I was just watching tv with mu nephew and flipped through stumbling across the incredible shrinking turtles episode. Feels so surreal.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #168
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I remember that we talked about it airing in Teletoon, but no one's mentioned how far it's gone. I've heard there were lots of repeats.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #169
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
So far on Teletoon, its aired "it came from beneath the sewers"
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #170
jmodlin210
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 74
Ask Lionsgate to include the Turtle Tips in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 10 on DVD!
jmodlin210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #171
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmodlin210 View Post
Ask Lionsgate to include the Turtle Tips in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 10 on DVD!
You can do so if u like, their contact info is somewhere in this thread
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #172
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior
 
ctt4lfecw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Neutrino
Posts: 817
Thank you Lionsgate!!!! glad I came here tonight
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:39 AM   #173
cammy85
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnedosa, MB Canada
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
So far on Teletoon, its aired "it came from beneath the sewers"
Yup!! And the episodes only air on Friday, Saturday (repeat of Friday) and Sunday. "The Mean Machines" airs Friday and Saturday then it's back to Turtle Tracks on Sunday. It won't last long as a lot of people have given up already.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #174
Shawn_1978
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 28
I got an email from "TvShowsOnDVD and I've heard that "Once Upon a Time Machine" and "Planet of the Turtleoids" will be included on the DVD as bonus episodes.

BUT, I will believe this when I see it, because I don't want to get my hopes up too high, just yet.
Shawn_1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #175
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_1978 View Post
I got an email from "TvShowsOnDVD and I've heard that "Once Upon a Time Machine" and "Planet of the Turtleoids" will be included on the DVD as bonus episodes.

BUT, I will believe this when I see it, because I don't want to get my hopes up too high, just yet.
Old news and it was confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
Yup!! And the episodes only air on Friday, Saturday (repeat of Friday) and Sunday. "The Mean Machines" airs Friday and Saturday then it's back to Turtle Tracks on Sunday. It won't last long as a lot of people have given up already.
Pretty much all three nights air the same episode, but at least it's slowly progressing along, it's doin better than Power Rangers
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #176
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
If the Turtle Tip shorts are never put on DVD, I hope someone compiles them online for easy viewing. Since they're not real episodes, it shouldn't be illegal.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #177
Redmage1987
Hench Mutant
 
Redmage1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 289
Without "Cartoon Allstars to the Rescue", this DVD is dead to me...

Seriously though! I can't wait! Ninja Turtles is what I watch as I work out at home, so I look forward to having all the episodes on DVD!!!
Redmage1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #178
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
The volume 6 disc (a.k.a. the season 3-volume 4 disc) has an episode that's also on the season 4 set. That episode is "Plan 6 from Outer Space". That's why the fourth season set has 40 episodes. The official TMNT site, however, counts that as a season 4 episode.
Ok. I think I got.

Volume 1 - First 5 episodes
Volume 2 - 13 season two episodes
Volume 3 - First 12 episodes of season three
Volume 4 - 12 episodes
Volume 5 - 12 episodes
Volume 6 - 12 episodes
Michaelangelo/Leo slices - together 13 "European season" episodes
Season 4 dvd set - 39 episodes after episode from "volume 6"
Season 5 set - 18 episodes
Season 6 set - 16 episodes
Don/Ralph slices - together 14 season seven episodes
Season 8 set - 8 episodes
Season 9 set - 8 episodes
Season 10 set - 8 season 10 episodes, plus three missing episodes

GRAND TOTAL - 193 Episodes
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #179
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Press release blurb!

Quote:
Cowabunga! Get ready for Kung Fu Action when Lionsgate Home Entertainment releases the final season of the totally awesome classic TV series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 10: The Complete Final Season for the first time on DVD, Digital Download and On Demand August 14. Join Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo as they battle the evil Lord Dregg in one final battle. A fan-favorite show, the DVD collection features all-new exclusive interviews with the show's artists and 2 BONUS never before released episodes. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 10: The Complete Final Season DVD will be available for the affordable price of $14.98.

SYNOPSIS
Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo are back in the classic final season that pits turtles from the past and present against the evil Lord Dregg and his minions. Determined to enslave mankind, Dregg will stop at nothing to win, even causing a piece of the sun to crash into Earth. As a consequence, a giant portal soon opens to pull the planet into Dimension X, and even threatens to drain the life energy from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! The only way to defeat Dregg, Krang and Shredder is to bring the Turtle's past selves to the present - double the Turtle power! But will they make it in time before Dregg's invasion is complete? Featuring all 8 time-warping episodes with serious Turtle muscle, season 10 is a totally tubular finale!

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES*
-Exclusive artists interviews
-2 BONUS Episodes
--"Once Upon a Time Machine"
--"Planet of the Turtleoids"
* Subject to change

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production: 1996
Title Copyright: ©2012 Viacom International Inc. All Rights Reserved. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and all related titles, logos and characters are trademarks of Viacom International Inc. Based on characters created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman. Disc and program © 1990, 1991, 1992 Fred Wolf Films. All Rights Reserved. Based on the TV show produced by Fred Wolf Films. Type: TV on DVD
Genre: Children/Family, Action/Adventure, TV Series, Animated
Rating: Not Rated
Closed Captioned: English
Subtitles: English DVD Format: 4x3Full Screen (1.33:1)
Running Time: 184 minutes
DVD Audio Status: 2.0 Dolby Digital
Man, does it feel GOOD to see those bonus features in the official press release. Completion at last.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #180
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Should we be worried about the asterisk?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.