The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #161
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsy333 View Post
My guess is that he is playing Vernon from the original toon. If you look closely you can see a news pass around his neck. I feel that he could make a great Vernon.
That casting makes perfect sense to me.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #162
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
If Vernon is gonna be in it, I wonder if Burne Thompson will be on it as well? He is April, Vernon and Irma's boss.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #163
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Why are they bringing Vernon back? Did anyone actually like his character.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #164
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Why are they bringing Vernon back? Did anyone actually like his character.
I liked him in the original toon, but I'm not so sure he'll work in a movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #165
frank_one
Mad Scientist
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 2,230
So, this movie is going to be almost totally based on the OT. My worst nightmare comes true. I hate them.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #166
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Vernon wasn't in the leaked script. So work has definitely been done. I'm assuming Casey has been dropped. I still think Colonel Schrader is in it. If we don’t hear of any casting for a villain, then I’m assuming the main villain is Krang, who will obviously be CGI.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #167
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
So, this movie is going to be almost totally based on the OT. My worst nightmare comes true. I hate them.
Recipe for a hit, I think. People will piss their pants when they see Vernon, Bebop and Rocksteady on the big screen.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #168
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
Recipe for a hit, I think. People will piss their pants when they see Vernon, Bebop and Rocksteady on the big screen.
And Krang.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #169
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior
 
ctt4lfecw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Neutrino
Posts: 817
Wow Vernon! Thats awesome!
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #170
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
And Krang.
Yuuup. It's gonna be a big deal.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #171
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
So, this movie is going to be almost totally based on the OT. My worst nightmare comes true. I hate them.
Compared to an alien turtle script?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #172
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
if this is based off the OT show...then I won't get some references (like who the heck is Vernon???)

BUT I know the Turtles, Splinter and April!! and thats all thats important!!
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #173
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior
 
ctt4lfecw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Neutrino
Posts: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
if this is based off the OT show...then I won't get some references (like who the heck is Vernon???)

BUT I know the Turtles, Splinter and April!! and thats all thats important!!
Bro who cares. Vernon!? This is fan service. This is what we wanted for Secret of the Ooze.
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #174
frank_one
Mad Scientist
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 2,230
Wait.. are Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang confirmed?
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #175
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt4lfecw View Post
Bro who cares. Vernon!? This is fan service. This is what we wanted for Secret of the Ooze.
The kids are in the seats. Bank that, cause this new toon is a hit. Those kids are coming.

But if the the 20- and 30-somethings see Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady in a trailer, It's over. They'd be like,



EDIT____________
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Wait.. are Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang confirmed?
No. I am unashamedly allowing myself to get carried away.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #176
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
Recipe for a hit, I think. People will piss their pants when they see Vernon, Bebop and Rocksteady on the big screen.
But this is what I fear, is that 8 years down the line we will be getting TMNT films that are nothing but Fred Wolf wankfests.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #177
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Well I can tell you right now if there casting a Vernon they just need to do the rest as far as Burne, Irma, Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang. I don't see the point in just casting Vernon! Just my opinion though.
__________________
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #178
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
But this is what I fear, is that 8 years down the line we will be getting TMNT films that are nothing but Fred Wolf wankfests.
I can offer no assurances that that won't happen. But maybe, if the first movie did turn out like that, it could be like the last go 'round, and current cartoon influence would take over? I'm not saying that's better or worse...
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #179
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Not sure why it matters at this point, Viacom doesn't differentiate between OT and Mirage anymore.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #180
the_minimizer
Foot Soldier
 
the_minimizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I don't like it. She looks the same as she would any day.
You actually sounded like Donatello when you said that. lol.
the_minimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, megan fox, movie casting


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.