The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of the Utroms?!
*blinks* they looks like talking hemmroids... 4 12.50%
Oh my God, theyre so cool!!! 18 56.25%
eh, could be better... 6 18.75%
*mutters* Newman... 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2003, 12:29 PM   #161
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
the episodes are getting more exciting
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 12:40 PM   #162
Joel
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 15
Awesome episode. They seem to keep getting better and better.

The ending has me really excited to see what happens to them in space!
Joel is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 12:43 PM   #163
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinatello
Hehe! Don and Mike went off together again in the elevator scene! We should start making a list of the Don/Mike scenes and see how many we come up with. We should also start a Leo/Raph arguement/battle list and see how many we get before losing track!


That would be an interesting list to see... Hmmm... I'm gonna go watch my tapes now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinatello
*gasped when Don got hit by one of those little buggers* When I saw Don go flying backwards into the Transmat Device room, I was like, "Nooooo!" Oh, he looked in pain! Mean things, they are! I don't remember them being so evil in the comics. I'll have to look again just to double check.


I know, wasn't that awful? Poor Donnie! I did the same thing, gasping at that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinatello
I was waiting to see something like that in this ep, but it never happened. It was more like they stood agape and tried to figure out how to rescue him. Poor Don looked so stumped, I really felt bad for him in that scene.
I know! They were like: Do something! And he just didn't know what to do. I made a comment about that to my brother, who watched with me. I felt bad, too. Not too much pressure for poor Donnie...
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 01:00 PM   #164
GreenWillow
Hench Mutant
 
GreenWillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Mountains
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relay
The chemistry of the Turtles really shined in this this episode. Although they don't normally get along very well, Raphael and Leonardo can work together when they want. !
~Yes-- I really liked when Leo grabbed Raph's hand to pull him into one of those two identical passageways. And all the Mikey/Donnie bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relay
I did have a few complaints with the episode though. I know the Utroms were just introduced in this episode, but I'm just not really sure where the series is going with them. How, after warning each other to not fire their blasters for the danger of blowing up the lab, do they manage to destroy practically everything in the room??? I know they are supposed to be a super-intelligent race, but that just seemed too dumb on their part.
~Yeah, true, but without all that dumb reactivity to the Turtles' presense, the TMNT would've never been forced back into the Transmat room and from there to meet the Fugitoid, and the Tricertons and all the other stuff we know is coming...heh...
Maybe we can chalk up the Utroms klutzy actions with the weaponry as actual inexperience-- because they *are* basically peaceful? Maybe?
Oh well, it's fun to analyze, , but I really have no complaints. I sound like a broken record, but man, I do love this cartoon.....

~GW
__________________
Hugs, kisses, GreenFaerieDust(tm) and a small vial of Belladonna. Life is good.
GreenWillow is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 01:19 PM   #165
Lisardo
Stone Warrior
 
Lisardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 702
Overall this ep was pretty good. It's cool to finally see the Utroms, uhhh 'shed their skin'. It reminded me of those alien creatures in Men in Black. They are not quite that small tho.

I agree they sure weren't very peace-loving creatures. Or at least not intially. Prolly the reason they were so hostile with the turtles is cuz like that one Utrom leader said, for a long time they've been trying to protect their operation (like in Men in Black) just so they could eventually get back to their home planet. Now I don't remember all the story of the Utroms in teh comics, time to break those out again. I don't remember them talking about crash-landing there (coruse I dunno what else they'd be doing there). The FB series seems to expand on the story some, and it sure has lagged out the Utroms in alot more eps.

There are a few instances of April and Casey liking each other, but I don't see that much chemistry between them most of the time. And as Brina said earlier, she (like in the comics) will prolly spend most of her time worry about the guys. See she does like them after all!

I do like how they have these long eps in a way, but in the other way, I can't stand cliffhangers! Of course the other show on Fox, 24, does that all the time, hehe! But still after a while, they should just have one or two-part eps. Now if they actaully started syndicating it, I wouldn't mind cliffhangers as much. Does anyone know when or if they will start syndicating the TMNT?
__________________
"Look I'm not gonna stop doing what's right just because it's not appreciated." -Leo

Lisardo is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 01:53 PM   #166
Spacefille
Foot Soldier
 
Spacefille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 121
These last two episodes were great. A wonderful ending for the series, except for the fact that I can't believe they left us on yet another cliff hanger! XD

One minor complaint/observation - it was interesting to see that the Utroms were apparently male and female, at least voice wise, during the final battle scene, but yet during the scene where the Guardian met with the council, they all spoke with a deep masculine voice, including the female dressed one. Conclusion? Utroms cross-dress. Or... something...

I liked how April was so REAL with the comment about how the andrinaline pumping through her system was going to keep her awake for two weeks. I mean, she isn't a super woman, she's just a normal human. I'd feel that way too.

Quoting my roommate about the end: "It's like the transporters on Star Trek! Except more graphic..."




Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWillow
~Yes-- I really liked when Leo grabbed Raph's hand to pull him into one of those two identical passageways. And all the Mikey/Donnie bits.
That was awesome! Eheh. For a fangirl that was especially great if you know what I mean.

On the same note, has anyone else noticed that Donatello is the supreme loner of the group? Mikey seems to be the only one that talks to him regularly... I can't seem to recall any significant interaction between Donny and Raph, except for when Donny made that shellcycle, and Leo seems to only talk to him if he wants something. Maybe I'm just over analyzing. It is interesting in that Raph is apparently the lone wolf, but he talks and interacts with nearly everyone.
Spacefille is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 02:01 PM   #167
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
the only other character that really interacts with Donny is April
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 02:45 PM   #168
Brinatello
Hench Mutant
 
Brinatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scienctific freak
the Utroms were violent in issue 4
Thank you! I'll still look it up anyway just to see how close it is to the show. I'm being kinda lazy right now and don't feel like digging in my comic book box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scienctific freak
as for season 2, apparently it is next week.....they did not want to give away any hints
Yeah, I just checked out Yahoo! TV and it said for November 8 #127 "Turtles in Space: The Fugitoid." Hm, I wonder why they didn't show scenes for it after the credits. Well, they've done that before where a new ep is coming up and they'll air a preview of it long after the show ended. Hate when they do that cuz then I don't get it on tape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacefille
On the same note, has anyone else noticed that Donatello is the supreme loner of the group? Mikey seems to be the only one that talks to him regularly... I can't seem to recall any significant interaction between Donny and Raph, except for when Donny made that shellcycle, and Leo seems to only talk to him if he wants something. Maybe I'm just over analyzing. It is interesting in that Raph is apparently the lone wolf, but he talks and interacts with nearly everyone.
Individuals like Don mostly keep to themselves. Ya know, the shy, quiet type. It seems like Mike is the only one that can break through his barrier, at least to make him talk or smile back. Silent children need a little laughter or attention to burst their bubble sometimes. But, I do think Don interacts with April very well because they have a lot in common. It's good analyzing! It's also obvious things to point out with him. Don rarely chats with Raph because of his abrupt attitude and Leo is too much of a leader type to carry on a decent conversation. I could see myself in Don's shoe--uh, position, when it comes to dealing with such things.
Brinatello is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 03:10 PM   #169
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
yep.....quiet and shy people need their space. Especially in the first part of the two-parter.....you guys are taking away the oxygen in my personal space and he glares at them.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 03:11 PM   #170
Meira-Bates
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: an abandoned wearhouse
Posts: 1,057
That comment about Don in combination with the whole sibling order thing made me notice something. Oddly enough I seem like the Don of the family. I'm quite, to myself, and try /not/ to get attention. At the same time however, just as is said for the youngest, I am also the most artistic one. My sisters both seem like a combination as well though my oldest seems like a Leo/Raph and my older seems like a Raph/Mikey...I think it might have something to do with the fact that they are my half sisters instead of full sisters, and they've had to live in lots of diffrent family situations...but my oldest sister DEFFINETLY has the first born responsibility thing going on, and as I already said, I've got the creativity of the family. The middle sister is the biggest puzzle. X.x
__________________

I'm also the winner of the award for being least likely to receive an award! O.o
Meira-Bates is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 03:31 PM   #171
MasterMole
Foot Soldier
 
MasterMole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Willow Grove, PA
Posts: 213
Would anyone be kind enough to inform me about the last 5 minutes in today's episode, 26? My VCR stopped recording when the utroms were chasing the two turtles (I forget which two turtles). I was frustrated since I won't be able to see this episode again until it's DVD release, which won't be for several months. So would anyone please inform me what happened after the utroms chased the two turtles, and backed them into a closed door?
__________________
TMNT are Cool. I anticipate buying the next toy(I hope) and watching the next episode. Will a company please give the Proper DVD release to the current and classic Turtles cartoons? Playmates Toys: Shape Up, OR feast on my large,lumpy,hairy MOLE, then Back Off!
MasterMole is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 03:37 PM   #172
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacefille
On the same note, has anyone else noticed that Donatello is the supreme loner of the group? Mikey seems to be the only one that talks to him regularly... I can't seem to recall any significant interaction between Donny and Raph, except for when Donny made that shellcycle, and Leo seems to only talk to him if he wants something. Maybe I'm just over analyzing. It is interesting in that Raph is apparently the lone wolf, but he talks and interacts with nearly everyone.
Yep!

I have thought about it quite a bit a few years ago when I was big on writing fanfic. Every sicne I saw the first movie portray those two as a pair, I thought it make sense in a cool way. Mikey pretty much gets along with all of the others. But leo is usually busy, and Raph is often not in the mood. But while Don may be also in the "I'm busy, leave me alone" pretense like Leo's, he doesn't have the same strict attitude and gives into Mike's curiosity.

And as Brina has said, Don knows that Leo, Raph, and sometimes Splinter are not really interested in what he is doing. I also think the relationship between April and Don is great too. With April, she does know what he's talking about right off, where with Mike.. it takes a little explaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjasword
Would anyone be kind enough to inform me about the last 5 minutes in today's episode, 26? My VCR stopped recording when the utroms were chasing the two turtles (I forget which two turtles). I was frustrated since I won't be able to see this episode again until it's DVD release, which won't be for several months. So would anyone please inform me what happened after the utroms chased the two turtles, and backed them into a closed door?
Lots of chasing, fighting, destruction and mayhem... them Don gets zapped and falls into a room. After the chaos settles down the others go after Don to check on him. They climb up on this plaform to do so. He wakes up, when Dr. Mortu runs in and tells the Turtles to get off the platform. But it's too late. The transmat was activated and sent the Turtles somewhere into outer space. (it was like the one in Star Trek)

Then the show ended.
HorseTechie is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 05:53 PM   #173
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Ugh. Bad day. Very bad day. So I'm just gonna say I agree with everyone.
Kali is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 06:04 PM   #174
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
I take it you missed this divine episode, Kali?
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 06:06 PM   #175
Stefano
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 762
i liked those electirc stick things. I should get one for my friend whos a girl she would enjoy it
__________________
Leo: Your reign of terror is over Stockman!
Mike: have you been practicing that?
Leo: You like it?

Utrom: this says ritc sir, and its written in crayon sir!
Something wicked this way comes
Mr. Show is the best!
Stefano is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 06:13 PM   #176
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchistguy
I take it you missed this divine episode, Kali?
No, I didn't. Unless you count screaming siblings so I couldn't hear half the lines. I taped it, but I am so not in the mood to watch it right now.

*needs sleep*
Kali is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 06:26 PM   #177
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
Awesome episode. I'm ticked there was no preview after or durring the credits.
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 06:31 PM   #178
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
I look closely at the whole Genetics Lab with Splinter in it.

I notice most of the capsoles had smaller versions of Utroms I guess the room was were they create more Utroms. since all the high tech stuff that not even Don can try out will be reviewed in Secret Origin Episode.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 06:33 PM   #179
TheShredder
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: My Throne Room
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Splinter
It's already been confirmed that Season 2 will start next week. Though I think we'll get some repeats after the 5-episode 'Turtles in Space' arc. And then the fun begins with, 'Secret Origins'
Hopefully because I missed todays episode.
TheShredder is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 06:40 PM   #180
lhb412
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 246
Well due to the fact that I always post late everything that can be said has been said (I really like the anilyzing of the turtles as siblings thing in this thread, I've always thought of them like that) I loved finally seeing the Utroms animated, the epp was well written, suspensful, and engaing, great stuff!

PS-Next Saturday: FUGITOID & TRICERATONS!!!!
__________________
"Sorry I'm late. I was out saving your life, in the future!" - Space Ghost
lhb412 is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.