The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2017, 08:19 PM   #1781
FredWolfLeonardo
This ***** used to be Fun
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Posts: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
It just came from out of nowhere though. When would she have had the time/chance to just randomly give him that based on the appearances she's had so far and why would Donatello just randomly decide to make something like that? How? I know Donatello is smart, but I think even he has his limitations. lol
Just watched the beginning of that episode again and Mikey said Renet gave it to him. I guess the theme song was changed last minute to fit the airings and not the other way around.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:34 PM   #1782
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Just watched the beginning of that episode again and Mikey said Renet gave it to him. I guess the theme song was changed last minute to fit the airings and not the other way around.
Ah, okay. So I guess she gives this to him whenever they end up meeting again.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:25 AM   #1783
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,811
I didn't realize the monster arc was probably delayed so it airs closer to Halloween, but that is probably what's going to happen. The Usagi 3-parter will air over July, then probably another break, then somewhere around September get another arc...then the monster arc.

Goddamn, at this rate Season 5 won't end till early 2018.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:54 AM   #1784
FredWolfLeonardo
This ***** used to be Fun
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Posts: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I didn't realize the monster arc was probably delayed so it airs closer to Halloween, but that is probably what's going to happen. The Usagi 3-parter will air over July, then probably another break, then somewhere around September get another arc...then the monster arc.

Goddamn, at this rate Season 5 won't end till early 2018.
I'm really hoping the turtle tots episode airs immediately after the Usagi arc finishes and that the arc we presumably get in September is the 2nd crossover.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:43 AM   #1785
Redworld96
Stone Warrior
 
Redworld96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I didn't realize the monster arc was probably delayed so it airs closer to Halloween, but that is probably what's going to happen. The Usagi 3-parter will air over July, then probably another break, then somewhere around September get another arc...then the monster arc.

Goddamn, at this rate Season 5 won't end till early 2018.
The official account of TMNT on instagram answered to a fan that Lone Rat and Cubs will air in August.
In that moment I doubted if LR&Cs was part of a Tale or if it was just a stand-alone episode, so Nick could air the Monster Arc for September or Halloween.
Then I asked to a TMNT animator and he said that Lone Rat and Cubs wasn't a stand-alone episode, but part of one of the 7 tales. So I am wondering now if they will release the whole Monster Arc in August too. (Although I think I am missing a tale)

Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:56 AM   #1786
FredWolfLeonardo
This ***** used to be Fun
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Posts: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
The official account of TMNT on instagram answered to a fan that Lone Rat and Cubs will air in August.
In that moment I doubted if LR&Cs was part of a Tale or if it was just a stand-alone episode, so Nick could air the Monster Arc for September or Halloween.
Then I asked to a TMNT animator and he said that Lone Rat and Cubs wasn't a stand-alone episode, but part of one of the 7 tales. So I am wondering now if they will release the whole Monster Arc in August too. (Although I think I am missing a tale)

https://i.imgur.com/jJRCtz9.png
I think what he means is that Lone Rat and Cubs is one of the 7 tales, yet is one episode long. I'm pretty sure its not connected to any of the other 6 tales.

Glad to know we're getting another episode in before the Monster Arc airs on halloween
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:17 AM   #1787
Redworld96
Stone Warrior
 
Redworld96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I think what he means is that Lone Rat and Cubs is one of the 7 tales, yet is one episode long. I'm pretty sure its not connected to any of the other 6 tales.

Glad to know we're getting another episode in before the Monster Arc airs on halloween
Oh yeah that is probably what he means, because I was settling up and I was missing a Tale. In that way there are 7 tales now.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:21 AM   #1788
FredWolfLeonardo
This ***** used to be Fun
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Posts: 5,369
I'm very happy Splinter is getting one more episode, his ending in End Times was perfect in every way as he hugged Karai and ascended into the realm of eternal peace but it'll be awesome getting to see where it all started. A very nice wrap up considering episode 1 started with Splinter telling the same story that's gonna take place in the episode.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:02 AM   #1789
TMNTmousers
Thug
 
TMNTmousers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 63
Why isn't this show continuing past season 5? Lots more they could do with it
TMNTmousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:07 AM   #1790
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTmousers View Post
Why isn't this show continuing past season 5? Lots more they could do with it
Because it's fading in popularity (mostly Nick's fault) and Nick has a new show in the works.


I think it had a good run.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:09 AM   #1791
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTmousers View Post
Why isn't this show continuing past season 5? Lots more they could do with it
Because Nickelodeon doesn't want us to have nice things and they want a show that's more kid friendly and light hearted.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:26 AM   #1792
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTmousers View Post
Why isn't this show continuing past season 5? Lots more they could do with it
I'm under the impression that it was always going to end after 5 seasons. Didn't Ciro say something along the lines of 5 seasons was all that he needed or something to tell his story?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:52 AM   #1793
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,220
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I'm under the impression that it was always going to end after 5 seasons. Didn't Ciro say something along the lines of 5 seasons was all that he needed or something to tell his story?
He said he needed 5 to tell the full story he wanted to tell, but also said it could have gone on for 10 or more if given the chance.

I'm glad it's going out on a high note though.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:25 AM   #1794
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,811
They could have likely made it to at least 7. There's still some TMNT elements never used in this series like the Battle Nexus tournament, and some old characters who never showed up like Man Ray (who is in IDW), etc.

Lastly we would have gotten more Usagi stories very likely, which is also a shame.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:11 PM   #1795
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Because Nickelodeon doesn't want us to have nice things and they want a show that's more kid friendly and light hearted.
What's the point with starting a new series, and not start a more light-hearted season 6?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:14 PM   #1796
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
What's the point with starting a new series, and not start a more light-hearted season 6?
Well they wanted to switch to 2D cartoon format, the new show isn't CG like the Nick one is. Granted it could have been a continuation of this show, but I guess instead they prefer to start fresh since Ciro and Brandon Auman aren't involved with the new series.

It has a new staff and creative team.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:57 PM   #1797
matteso586
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 712
I like to show a thought. What if either the monster arc, or final arc does something like this?

INSERT NAME HERE: You started off strong. But after the mutagen spill, things leveled off a little. Your adventures in the farmhouse and space are a spiking interest. But they're mostly weak as well. Despite your adventures getting a little weak, Dogpound mutating into Rahzar helped. So did Karai officially turning on Shredder, the 2nd Kraang invasion, Shinigami being introduced and joining Karai's cause, Vizioso waging war on mutants, and the ultimate final battle against Shredder. Everyone sure loves intense showdowns. And Irma being a robot suit, the Kraang being brainwashed Utroms, the time scepter sending you to Japan's past, and Splinter's permanent death? I was not expecting those. I'm curious where things go now. Then again, everything has to end eventually.

This is just to give this season some "end of series awareness". And to be honest, I'm hoping that Lord Simultaneous will have more screentime than in the Turtles in Time episode.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:03 PM   #1798
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
There was seriously no new one today? It came back for one day and gone again? Was rather disappointed this morning after making sure I'd be awake early enough...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:18 PM   #1799
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well they wanted to switch to 2D cartoon format, the new show isn't CG like the Nick one is. Granted it could have been a continuation of this show, but I guess instead they prefer to start fresh since Ciro and Brandon Auman aren't involved with the new series.

It has a new staff and creative team.
I wonder if 2D cartoons are making a comeback? All the new shows coming to the networks seem to be all 2D
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:23 PM   #1800
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
2D cartoons never went away though. It's still CGI, I doubt anyone animates analog anymore for a bigger company
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
season 5


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.