The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #1801
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzythebulldog View Post
ok thank you.
i think i wait to i see it on amazon or ebay
gone be fun to see how limetied it is and if people will go nuts like they did on the playmate site with leo
Only Leo wasn't worth it, this looks a lot better.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #1802
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzythebulldog View Post
gone be fun to see how limetied it is and if people will go nuts like they did on the playmate site with leo
yeah... i understand why people were exited for night shadow leo though, because everyone thought it was green chrome. but actually it was just paint, a bit disappointing

here is a video review that shows what it looks like close-up.

however this time it looks like REAL chrome finish. you can tell by the way the light is playing on the surface of the helmet and blades.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #1803
mikemgmve
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzythebulldog View Post
well look out on playmate site and he will pop upp on ebay afther a while perhaps other stores also.well the pic arent the best but it looks like this is a mini statue as well you can remove the helmet tho its looks like playmate is going to relase one limited fig once a year.
hope they can see profit in adult collecteble like the toy fair figs with a stand
His arms are in different positions, and you can see the articulation there, and on his legs.

Is this just a random store exclusive, or is it actually the SDCC exclusive? i'm confused.
__________________
A signature should go here
mikemgmve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #1804
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
still awaiting more info... that is all i could dig up so far. i bet it will be at SDCC but not an exclusive, just like night shadow leo
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #1805
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior
 
The Purple Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the streets in norway 😉
Posts: 659
yes i see he has shoulder and hip articulation but not in the knee or albow hope i am wrong tho.dont know but guess sdcc exclusive guess we will find out more soon whene more people know of it an look around
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #1806
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Fifth Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
http://www.playmatestoys.com/brands/...lassic-figures

Finally added actual pictures of Bebop and Rocksteady to the playmates website!
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #1807
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Dat Shredder... Whoa. That's a must have.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #1808
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post
http://www.playmatestoys.com/brands/...lassic-figures

Finally added actual pictures of Bebop and Rocksteady to the playmates website!
Cool, I can't wait for September!!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #1809
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
I wait for Sept too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzythebulldog View Post
yes i mean shredder 2 here are a pic i did find of it it was a sold out pre order and it did say limited edition chrome shredder with a black manhole cover stand was selling for 35$ or 120 myr wath ever that mean
MYR is Malaysian Ringgit. Learn the world's currency!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #1810
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
I noticed that the sewer base is like the Classics ones. Shredder's name is in the same font even.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #1811
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
Can anyone clearly decipher the articulation on this new Shredder? Seems like Playmates wants you to decide whether you want knees or elbows on your Shredder.

Or you can kitbash it all and make a proper Shredder out of the two.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #1812
mikemgmve
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
still awaiting more info... that is all i could dig up so far. i bet it will be at SDCC but not an exclusive, just like night shadow leo
I still have my Leo in its box. I read too many bad reviews about what's crappy job the final figure was, I figured I'd just hold into it until I decide to sell.
__________________
A signature should go here
mikemgmve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #1813
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Has anyone actually bought the secret sewer lair and gave it to their kid? Almost all the reviews of it on TRU's website are negative, with parents complaining about how "cheap", "flimsy" and "low quality" it is. Their kids must be animals while "playing" with it for it to break. Thoughts?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #1814
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Has anyone actually bought the secret sewer lair and gave it to their kid? Almost all the reviews of it on TRU's website are negative, with parents complaining about how "cheap", "flimsy" and "low quality" it is. Their kids must be animals while "playing" with it for it to break. Thoughts?
Kids are destructive, but some are outright devastating to their toys. I know none of my old toys survived their time in my hands. If they did, I'd still have 80s Transformers, MASK, Voltron, and a lot of TMNT.

When I set my Lair up I didn't put on the cardboard backs. Maybe that's one of the big things the parents are looking at. Otherwise, I think it's pretty solid. Like I say though, kids sometimes aren't good with their toys. I know though some people on here and other sites have mentioned how their kids love the Sewer Lair and don't mention any breakage.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #1815
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrokuYoshiFilms View Post
Can anyone clearly decipher the articulation on this new Shredder? Seems like Playmates wants you to decide whether you want knees or elbows on your Shredder.

Or you can kitbash it all and make a proper Shredder out of the two.
There is movement in the legs, knees, arms (not the elbows), neck, and feet of Shredder 2.

The first Shredder will probably be the best out of the two. The second Shredder will be worth the most. The second one should look better in package than the first.

Last edited by mikey0; 06-15-2013 at 12:57 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #1816
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,752
Wil the bio cards shrink as more waves are sold?
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #1817
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Wil the bio cards shrink as more waves are sold?
I hope not. I hated how the vintage line stopped having awesome art on the file cards because they stopped having individual art on the front of the packages. Also because less descriptive of things.

I think with the 2012 line they'll just phase out figures from older waves as they go forward. There was some photos showing the back of the new figures coming out and I think they don't show the first wave figures anymore.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:37 AM   #1818
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Will that Shredder have any articulation? I know the Glowing Leo didn't so I passed on it.
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #1819
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Has anyone actually bought the secret sewer lair and gave it to their kid? Almost all the reviews of it on TRU's website are negative, with parents complaining about how "cheap", "flimsy" and "low quality" it is. Their kids must be animals while "playing" with it for it to break. Thoughts?
I'm a kid
I take pretty good care of my Sewer Lair and not one thing has broken off. I've seen the reviews about parents complaining about how hard it is to put together.
I guess it depends on the kid you give it too.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #1820
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
I would love to have that Sewer Lair. I know I'm a big kid at heart! Is it difficult to put together? Or keep together? Sometimes things break really easily on playsets.
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.