The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 06:15 PM   #1801
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKatanas View Post
My buddy Ninjasquirtle found this on the official turtle tumblr today. Awesome!!

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/...nvplo1_500.jpg
That Baxter gives me a good idea for a regular human version using the robot suit headsculpt. I just wonder how big the figure will be.

Baxter needs to be in the same wave as the tur-fly-tle Mikey as Mikey needs to be with his nemesis and hopefully Maggot boy (Raph with glider pack) will be there as well.
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:08 PM   #1802
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
wow-jeeze-oh-man. what a stuck up, ****** thing to say.
i mean the articulation on baxter is acceptable. i mean
what do you expect? marvel legends articulation?
even with lack of paint, this has alot of effort and
sculpt put in this. i can see love put on the figure.
i'll be concern if it dont come with that candy bar
in the final product. as for the movie toys, it looks
lack luster i'll admit, but half of this fandom is
gonna buy the product anyway. kids'll get into
this too. i mean, with hasbro's transformers 4 toys

what with the price range of mainline, being 14-25-and-40, parent'll buy the cheapest. which right now, tmnt is pretty f'n cheap. and when they're affordable, psh. do i really need to explain? i mean for god sakes, marvel legends, and 6inch starwars figures are 20 bucks each. their 3inch figures are 9-to-10 $. the only thing that sells might be those cheap 4 articulated spiderman figures, and those barely sell.

TMNT is a line that sells. i still see pegs with hardly any toys from playmates ninja turtles. now how well the movie toys sell remains to be seen. i'll buy myself a set. to support playmates.

but seriously, saying RIP playmates? thats...a douche bag way to say.

concidering how they try hard to keep the toys on a affordable price.
i agree what do some people aspect a 100$ bill for a 8 bill toy bo way
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:05 AM   #1803
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
wow-jeeze-oh-man. what a stuck up, ****** thing to say.
i mean the articulation on baxter is acceptable. i mean
what do you expect? marvel legends articulation?
even with lack of paint, this has alot of effort and
sculpt put in this. i can see love put on the figure.
i'll be concern if it dont come with that candy bar
in the final product. as for the movie toys, it looks
lack luster i'll admit, but half of this fandom is
gonna buy the product anyway. kids'll get into
this too. i mean, with hasbro's transformers 4 toys

what with the price range of mainline, being 14-25-and-40, parent'll buy the cheapest. which right now, tmnt is pretty f'n cheap. and when they're affordable, psh. do i really need to explain? i mean for god sakes, marvel legends, and 6inch starwars figures are 20 bucks each. their 3inch figures are 9-to-10 $. the only thing that sells might be those cheap 4 articulated spiderman figures, and those barely sell.

TMNT is a line that sells. i still see pegs with hardly any toys from playmates ninja turtles. now how well the movie toys sell remains to be seen. i'll buy myself a set. to support playmates.

but seriously, saying RIP playmates? thats...a douche bag way to say.

concidering how they try hard to keep the toys on a affordable price.
Yet they fail and completely miss the mark on the Classics line.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:08 AM   #1804
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior
 
CowabungaMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwahl56 View Post
tread carefully, because there are others who care that a kids toyline looks as good as an adult collector line. I agree with you.
This. Why don't you just accept Playmates is a TOY company? They don't really look at the adult fans, but at the children who are fans of Ninja Turtles. And when they do a collection for adults (Classic Collection) you guys still aren't satisfied! Why don't you guys just give it a break. Man, this is like the Sonic fandom sometimes.
__________________


Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:37 AM   #1805
Wildcat
Foot Elite
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,510
Why does Fly Baxter have a big lump of flesh on his head? I was wondering this in the cartoon too. I doubt that it'll look that good. Its odd that the prototypes look better and are actually more accurate than the final release figues.

I think the sculpts are fine, I mean you can't really mess that up (I know April was different and the first wave turtles) but the painting is just unforgivable. I don't expect collector quality detail but just general matching of the characters on screen goes a long way. Being a toy company isn't a good excuse. I think Hasbro's Transformers look great.

As far as the Classics line goes I understand people's complaints. They're collector figures. The accuracy should be priority number 1. Something the Bebop, Rocksteady and Movie figues weren't given, even though I still love Bebop and Rocksteady.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.

Last edited by Wildcat; 05-07-2014 at 12:45 AM.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:43 AM   #1806
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Why does Fly Baxter have a big lump of flesh on his head? I was wondering this in the cartoon too.
That's not flesh, it's his afro.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:46 AM   #1807
Wildcat
Foot Elite
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
That's not flesh, it's his afro.
Oh silly me. Well it does look weird. They should have made it look more like hair.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:41 AM   #1808
boywonder26
Hench Mutant
 
boywonder26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lakeland fl
Posts: 309
Sorry if this has been asked already,but when will the new stuff hit the shelves??
boywonder26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #1809
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder26 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked already,but when will the new stuff hit the shelves??
July/August is the Rahzar wave.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #1810
cidman911
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 21
The prices for Bebop & Rocksteady Classics Collection have kind of jumped.

Everyone wants $40 for either one. I remember when they were $50 shipped for both.
cidman911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #1811
boywonder26
Hench Mutant
 
boywonder26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lakeland fl
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
July/August is the Rahzar wave.
Thanks yo......
boywonder26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:21 AM   #1812
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist
 
The Turtle Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
July/August is the Rahzar wave.
That's a heck of a while to wait, since the Casey wave came out in January
__________________
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:26 AM   #1813
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Where did you hear July/August? If that's true, it's pretty stupid considering the movie toys will come out around the same time.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:41 AM   #1814
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
I thought it was supposed to come out in early to mid May. Hopefully I'm still right...
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:54 AM   #1815
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
My local toys r us seems completely useless, as the website states it is supposed to have the Stealth Tech turtles and Shredder 2 in-stock, but rummaging through the shelves, all I find is the Ooze Tossers and a couple of Leatherheads, Baxters and Snakeweeds.

I even ordered a Shredder 2 for well over 3 weeks ago, and still nothing.

They really over stocked with those crummy Ooze tossers as they fill. It's of the shelves while wave 1 have a few pegs and the other non Ooze figures newer then wave 1 is just lays in a couple of bins. Clever...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:38 AM   #1816
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I have not seen ooze turtles on shelves in a long time. I'm not sure I've seen a stealth turtle in a while either. There might be a few at my TRU... but if so they are way at the back and I must keep skipping them when I fan through the pegs. So, probably not many.

I see tons of Storage Shells though. TONS. I still find it amusing that they are still shipping both wave 1 turtles and storage shells in the same cases... I wonder when they plan on changing that? When the LARP turtles release, will they drop storage shells from cases? Hmm.

Anyway Candy you probably mentioned this but you are not in the USA right (was it Norway)? Cause USA Amazon has all of the figures you are looking for between 8.88 and 12 USD each. I guess we are spoiled in that way. I wonder if it costs much to just import them? I import figures all the time (usually from japan :p but sometimes china!)
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #1817
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
yeah, I live in Norway. I have on Amazon found a Shredder 2 with an okay shipping price, ie double the price in total, but. I was hoping to avoid extra cost since they are officially in Toys r Us` stock.

With the speed we're moving in getting the waves, I guess the Storage Shells won't hit until spring 2015
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:03 AM   #1818
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
yeah, I live in Norway. I have on Amazon found a Shredder 2 with an okay shipping price, ie double the price in total, but. I was hoping to avoid extra cost since they are officially in Toys r Us` stock.

With the speed we're moving in getting the waves, I guess the Storage Shells won't hit until spring 2015
na no way it will take that long i just wait till the toy gets in my store AKA walmart but i am really wanting classic movie mikey i might have to buy him online
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #1819
tmntsnakeweed24
Banned
 
tmntsnakeweed24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 18
i wana get that baxter fly fig asap looks ultra cool!
tmntsnakeweed24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:03 PM   #1820
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
First of all I don't even know what your're talking about, and second, I was replying to Snake, who said it would be July/August. You never even said anything...
I wonder if Playmates is doing a packaging change? Maybe that's whats taking so long.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.