The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2015, 09:13 PM   #1841
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
Krang: Only a Leoprime can defeat me.





you know what i just realized..the autobots had more introduction and "development" in one meeting scene than the turtles did
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline  
Old 06-16-2015, 09:15 PM   #1842
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
I honestly think it's the hair and the fact that we haven't seen the mask except for one time. I feel like Stephen Amell is going to be great with what he has to work with. It's the writing that's got me concerned. But the hair? I feel like the hair should be just a bit longer. I don't expect him to have his usual long hair, but at least give him something (Nick Cartoon, for example) instead of just a short haircut. I dunno. I don't think the writers are going to do Casey much justice, but we'll pray for the best.
At least him not getting screen time isn't a problem, humans don't seem to have that problem in these movies. I wouldn't mind Casey being the focus if the Turtles or any of the characters from the last movie were established or fleshed out beyond their archetypes. Didn't like Leo was shelved in SOTO? That's ok in the first movie you already got a feel for his character so it hardly mattered.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline  
Old 06-16-2015, 09:16 PM   #1843
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
But that's only the Mirage Casey. FW Casey was a complete sociopath who enforced even the smallest of crimes, movie Casey was just a NHL washout turned vigilante, 4Kids Casey was some dude who watched to much TV news...I guess...., and Nick and IDW Casey are just a kid who likes action.
Well hold onto your seats folks, cuz BayCasey drives an XTREME car to make up for his erectile dysfunction, and looks like he waxes his chest. Bet he manscapes too. Probably gets Raph to hold the hand-mirror while he tweezers the under-carriage.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline  
Old 06-16-2015, 09:33 PM   #1844
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
But that's only the original & thus single most important version of the character who serves as the foundation for virtually all that would follow up to this point.
Fixed that for you.
Powder is offline  
Old 06-16-2015, 09:36 PM   #1845
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Fixed that for you.
Doing that a lot lately, huh?

Just saying, of all the characters in the TMNT canon, Casey's fairly flexable....though to be fair the more of Amell I see as Casey the less I see Casey and the more I see Oliver Queen in a hockey mask.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 06-16-2015, 09:36 PM   #1846
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
I honestly think it's the hair and the fact that we haven't seen the mask except for one time. I feel like Stephen Amell is going to be great with what he has to work with. It's the writing that's got me concerned. But the hair? I feel like the hair should be just a bit longer. I don't expect him to have his usual long hair, but at least give him something (Nick Cartoon, for example) instead of just a short haircut. I dunno. I don't think the writers are going to do Casey much justice, but we'll pray for the best.
I'm really kind of hoping that, should this turn into several movies, they'll actually make his character turn crazier/unstable over time through films and grow the hair out to go along with it, adding more visual difference to a transformation of the character.

Do I trust that they possess the kind of creativity required to do something like that... No. (But I just did that part, film makers/writers, just take it if you want...)
IndigoErth is offline  
Old 06-16-2015, 09:42 PM   #1847
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Doing that a lot lately, huh?

Just saying, of all the characters in the TMNT canon, Casey's fairly flexable....though to be fair the more of Amell I see as Casey the less I see Casey and the more I see Oliver Queen in a hockey mask.
Flexible, sure, but never to this extent, if only visually. There is not one thing CJ about this guy beyond the mask, & even that looks like utter dogsh*t.
Powder is offline  
Old 06-16-2015, 09:47 PM   #1848
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Well, his dialogue could be very....

I can't even finish that sentence, cause it ain't happenin'.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 06-16-2015, 09:51 PM   #1849
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Well, I think all of the TMNT characters have proven fairly flexible, but there's a pretty common take on Casey that makes him feel "right" - he's a violent, not-quite-stable kind of guy (at least at first) who has very grungy, blue-collar sensibilities and methods. The original is that perfect Mirage parody vision -- instead of being a vigilante motivated by personal tragedy, he's just a nutcase who watches too much violent TV -- but beyond that all of the versions that qualify as "real characters" stick pretty close to the original concept, though often modified or toned down a bit.

Either way, Casey's never been a clean-cut, crew cut-sporting dude who drives a $60,000 car.

Hell, with superhero movies being absolutely everywhere lately, this would be the perfect time to use that original version in a major motion picture -- turn the typical hero motivation on its head and be a bit clever and subversive, doing for movies what Mirage did for comics. But there's absolutely zero chance of that happening, because nobody involved in these movies knows or cares about context, history, or what makes these characters tick.

And yeah - Elias Koteas forever. Nobody's topped that in 25 years, and it looks like nobody's gonna come close any time soon either.
__________________

Last edited by Bry; 06-16-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Bry is offline  
Old 06-16-2015, 10:00 PM   #1850
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I'm really kind of hoping that, should this turn into several movies, they'll actually make his character turn crazier/unstable over time through films and grow the hair out to go along with it, adding more visual difference to a transformation of the character.

Do I trust that they possess the kind of creativity required to do something like that... No. (But I just did that part, film makers/writers, just take it if you want...)
They most definitely do not have the creativity to write that. I think that's a huge problem with trilogies, though; when you map out a story for each movie. Each movie should have its own feel and should be different, but it should follow the same overarching plot. Think of the original Star Wars trilogy for example. It's basically the perfect formula. The first movie concludes on its own terms, but leaves plenty of room for a sequel. The second movie is where **** hits the fan, ends on a cliffhanger, and major twists happen. The third movie is where everything is resolved and you get your ending, whether its happy or sad.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 06-16-2015, 11:44 PM   #1851
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
"Fast and Furious 295 made 80 billion dollars. Let's have that Joe Casey guy or whatever the hell his name is drive a muscle car. Kids dig that stupid sh*t."

Everything. Is. AWFUL. Not only is Casey a Dudebro sh*thead with a fancy muscle car, the stuff in those videos was pretty cheesy lookin', too. These guys are a traveling circus.

They're REALLY trying! They HAVE to be trying to be this silly and off-mark. Hoooooly SH*T. You can't be serious. You CAN'T be serious. Ohhhh maaaaaan. Oooof. Just OOF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
looks like he waxes his chest. Bet he manscapes too.
I gotta shave my chest to wrazzle. What of it? I seen you eyeballin' me, hambone... you wanna scrap?!
Leo656 is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 12:15 AM   #1852
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Don't camel-clutch me, jabroni!
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 12:27 AM   #1853
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Spoiler:


"EX-ZACK-LY, jabroni! You gotta smoke more kush, baba! VOT DE HELL IS WRONG VIT CHOO?!?"
Leo656 is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 12:39 AM   #1854
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Well, I think all of the TMNT characters have proven fairly flexible, but there's a pretty common take on Casey that makes him feel "right" - he's a violent, not-quite-stable kind of guy (at least at first) who has very grungy, blue-collar sensibilities and methods.

.........

Either way, Casey's never been a clean-cut, crew cut-sporting dude who drives a $60,000 car.
But you don't get it - a $60,000 dollar car IS a poor mans car, in Hollywood.

Don't you watch Entourage?
Commenter 42 is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 12:40 AM   #1855
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
This Oliver Queen on Holliday crossover looks great, you guys.
Candy Kappa is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 12:50 AM   #1856
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
How much do you want to bet that they're going to cram in, just, the worst and cheesiest and most forced Green Arrow jokes ever imagined. Just to really nail it home. "Look, kids, it's the 'Arrow' guy!"

Instant classics like:

Michelangelo: "You comin' with us, dude?"
"Casey": "Nah, wouldn't feel right... I don't look good in green." (Pregnant pause for GUFFAWS of laughter)

And...

"Casey": "Well, I *used* to be a hockey player, but..."
Michelangelo: "Wait! Let me guess! You took an Arrow to the knee!"

See that? That last one doesn't even make any sense contextually! But it's an inside joke reference to that other thing he did you guys like when Verne ate that gross sandwich in the first one it was a reference to that other thing he was in and nobody remembered why it was funny until it was explained to them and isn't that so clever and neat and not at all stupid and unnecessary?!

You know they're gonna be all over it. Stop winking at me, movie.
Leo656 is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 12:55 AM   #1857
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
How much do you want to bet that they're going to cram in, just, the worst and cheesiest and most forced Green Arrow jokes ever imagined. Just to really nail it home. "Look, kids, it's the 'Arrow' guy!"

Instant classics like:

Michelangelo: "You comin' with us, dude?"
"Casey": "Nah, wouldn't feel right... I don't look good in green." (Pregnant pause for GUFFAWS of laughter)

And...

"Casey": "Well, I *used* to be a hockey player, but..."
Michelangelo: "Wait! Let me guess! You took an Arrow to the knee!"

See that? That last one doesn't even make any sense contextually! But it's an inside joke reference to that other thing he did you guys like when Verne ate that gross sandwich in the first one it was a reference to that other thing he was in and nobody remembered why it was funny until it was explained to them and isn't that so clever and neat and not at all stupid and unnecessary?!

You know they're gonna be all over it. Stop winking at me, movie.
Oh god I see it. More shoehorned pop culture jokes. At least The Turtles Band reference was a good one (even though no kid on earth would catch it) Or the Usagi one those I liked the others even the pizza gag from the first movie, not so much.

Unrelated note I wish this slang you dudes keep using was in circulation on the streets it's hilarious.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 12:58 AM   #1858
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I'm still half expecting an "Eric Sacks, YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!!!"
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 01:10 AM   #1859
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'm still half expecting an "Eric Sacks, YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!!!"
Ohhhhh gaaaaaaaaaawwwwwd...

OR how about this bullsh*t:

((Turtles see Casey from behind, standing rigid, enshrouded in shadow. His hood is pulled up.))

Mikey: "Woooooahh, you guys, is that...?!"
Donnie: "Naaah, couldn't be..."

((Casey whips around to face them, his face covered by that oversized Lord Zedd hockey mask of his. Turtles gasp. Casey waits all of 1.5 seconds and then pulls up his mask to show his face, because holy sh*t, they're paying the guy from Green Arrow and thus you just HAVE to push for those close-ups.))

Leo: "Uhh... I don't know... IS it him?"
Raph: "Hard to tell without all'a that mascara smeared all over his face."
Mikey: "HAH! That show's silly."
Casey: ((Blinks repeatedly, possibly rubs eyes with both fists and makes a bug-eyed face)) "What... ARE you...?!" (Original Quote Source: Every Science Fiction Movie Ever [citation needed])

Hmm. Envisioning it, that's sh*tty but sickeningly plausible. I mean, it's not hard to picture them doing exactly that. And that's terrible.

...I just realized the entire reason Amell got hired, is because someone at PD saw an episode of "Arrow" and realized that if you squint, Ollie's quiver could kindasorta be Casey's golf bag, aaaaand NOW I want to hit someone.

Last edited by Leo656; 06-17-2015 at 01:31 AM.
Leo656 is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 01:50 AM   #1860
Myko
Thug
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 73
Leo why didn't you tell us they sent you a copy of the script!
Myko is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.