The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-02-2021, 09:20 PM   #61
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
But Duckie will fling that $#!( along with misinformed and uninformed social views, right? Two kinds of people like this - those that get attacked for stupidity after a while and just double down on their stupidity and those who get attacked for stupidity and then take a look at themselves to one day change and join the real world.

I don't like this Duckie very much, but (and I can't speak for anyone else but myself) I'd be very welcoming of a more informed, more poignant and less mouthy Duckie, even in disagreement.

Nothing I have ever said here was racist or phobic in the slightest. You dimwit. I was wrong... you're back to just saying words. I go around saying that if people looked at themselves as people instead of putting their color before everything then they have smoothed out lives and they would find a world of good people waiting to embrace them. I go around extending that olive branch of conversation you absolutely ignorant, dumb f'n $#!tbag.
Not even any of the bottom feeders amongst the varied people who post here have never once called me a racist. Not even some of the most easily-challenged, low-EQ forum members who have personally got up-in -arms with meltdowns when I set them straight haven't even remotely come to implying that I'm a racist here.

LMFAO! You are dumb as f'n rocks, man. I'm sure you're a hero in your f'n head though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Cue MsMarvelDuckie playing old good "Guys I just pretend to be retarded" "I was just trolling!" song.

Thanks for the laugh, sis.
Also, thank you for confirming every stereotype I had about people like you, NPCwoman.
Your lack of self-awareness is amazing.
Good goddess the level of asinine self-congratulatory bs in this thread is f**king amazing. You two self-righteous pretentious cretins will twist anything someone says into an agenda, just so you can then attack it. Gaslighting at its finest! But whatever, you do you. You want to know the truth? I'm just disgusted by how blatant your attempts to mock me for being a DECENT HUMAN BEING and having empathy and compassion for others seems to entertain you so much. But again, it's all good. Just tells me the kind of character ya'll were raised to have- which is to say, none. Consider this my thumbs down to both the asshattery and the general attitude of people who would rather spend their time mocking a person for their desire to make the world better, instead of working on self improvement. It's rude, hateful, and shows a lack of self control or emotional maturity. Grade school bully tactics, with abuser mentality. Lovely. Makes me wonder what sort of relationships you have had, but I'm guessing they aren't healthy ones.

Reported.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:05 AM   #62
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Imagine being triggered and acting like a spluttering mess about obvious trolling flying over your head.

Imagine believing that self-righteous shitposting on Internet and getting into fights with random people on a forum is "making world a better place".

On the other hand, what one can expect from mediocrity who lives with a family and still works in a fastfood restaurant. Tells me a lot why that person might be angry at life and everyone else and why they need to pretend they have a moral high ground. lol

Last edited by Sumac; 05-03-2021 at 03:32 AM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:12 AM   #63
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I'm just disgusted by how blatant your attempts to mock me for being a DECENT HUMAN BEING and having empathy and compassion for others
You mean like where you said in the other thread about how COVID and the forced lockdowns for the pandemic are awesome, despite all the actual COVID deaths, record suicide rates as a result of people being forced to stay at home, students -- kids -- offing themselves in equally record numbers, small businesses shuttered forever, people's entire livelihoods lost, all of these things are great because the air appears to be a little bit cleaner? Or did for a few weeks?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:30 AM   #64
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You mean like where you said in the other thread about how COVID and the forced lockdowns for the pandemic are awesome, despite all the actual COVID deaths, record suicide rates as a result of people being forced to stay at home, students -- kids -- offing themselves in equally record numbers, small businesses shuttered forever, people's entire livelihoods lost, all of these things are great because the air appears to be a little bit cleaner? Or did for a few weeks?
But she is a morally better person who believes in unicorns and **** and wants to reduce amount of suffering...by directly applauding pandemic which brings about more suffering than most wars or disasters.

As if I need another to think that people like this are abject failures who have few screws loose.

"I care about people so much I can't wait for them to die!" That some psychopath **** right here all right.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:00 AM   #65
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Spider-Gwen's comic sells terribly.
It's the same with a lot of this material. But the arm-chair fan only gauges this by what other arm-chair fans say when someone pops up on screen, or if an audience cheers.

Why is that a bad metric? Arm-chair fans aren't involved with the real culture and don't buy the books to know any better. They just want to be part of something, so if arm-chair fans pick up on the catchphrase like "they put Spider-Gwen in it" they are just automatically going to think that's a big deal. It's like when people were cheering when the first Cave Troll came in triumphantly during the first LOTR flicks. To many people it was just the beat of the movie - not a reinforcement that there are a bunch of people who have a deep fandom for Cave Trolls.

The point? Many of these characters are just part of the spectacle and expectation of a social event. Most people don't give a crap about them beyond that and that is reflected in the title sales.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:03 PM   #66
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I'll just leave this here as a reminder for some of you.
Quote:
Please respect other members. Attacking or harassing other members on the forums is not allowed. This includes trolling (posting with the intention of upsetting people and/or starting arguments). If you get into an argument with anther member, please take it to email/PM/IM and keep it off the forums.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 09:58 AM   #67
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I never said it was "awesome". The lockdowns were neccessary, to be sure, even though it sucked for a lot of people. What I SAID was that it also had a positive side. One most people ignored. I was pointing out the silver lining of the dark cloud that is the pandemic, nothing more. You and most everyone else simply decided to misinterpret that as me thinking it was all great. The fact that certain people here INTENTIONALLY misrepresented that sentiment to make me sound like a horrible person for pointing out that "silver lining" is just more gaslighting, deflecting and misdirection on their parts. Because that's what manipulative abusers do. They try to pin blame and degrade others to make themselves look good, and completely turn things on their victims if they stand up for themselves. It's how they operate.

In any case, I'm done with them. They are just using classic abuse tactics of narcissistic personalities to treat others like trash. Not really worth my time anymore.

On the topic, I still think her costume is 60's Robin cheese level of bad. Who even uses a domino to hide a secret identity anymore? It's lame.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 12:01 PM   #68
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I never said it was "awesome". The lockdowns were neccessary, to be sure, even though it sucked for a lot of people. What I SAID was that it also had a positive side. One most people ignored. I was pointing out the silver lining of the dark cloud that is the pandemic, nothing more. You and most everyone else simply decided to misinterpret that as me thinking it was all great. The fact that certain people here INTENTIONALLY misrepresented that sentiment to make me sound like a horrible person for pointing out that "silver lining" is just more gaslighting, deflecting and misdirection on their parts. Because that's what manipulative abusers do. They try to pin blame and degrade others to make themselves look good, and completely turn things on their victims if they stand up for themselves. It's how they operate.

In any case, I'm done with them. They are just using classic abuse tactics of narcissistic personalities to treat others like trash. Not really worth my time anymore.
It is funny coming from a person who helps manipulative abusers to gain power in order to sow division and hatred. But somehow, people who are against it are abusers themselves.
Typical gaslighting and misdirection from a group of oppressors who pretend they are victims of oppression.
Old 05-09-2021, 02:15 PM   #69
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

So...Kamala Khan....

Don't act innocent Sumac. You and others dogpiled Ducky. And now that she takes you to task YOU'RE the victim. If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 03:17 PM   #70
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Don't act innocent Sumac. You and others dogpiled Ducky. And now that she takes you to task YOU'RE the victim. If you can't take it then don't dish it out.
I've never said I am a victim.

I've said that she is gaslighting people to believe she is a victim, attacked, because "she is better than everyone and evil people don't like it.

I personally don't care about what opinion other people hold of me, but I don't like hypocrites and liars. And she is both. Thus I feel obligated to voice my opinion on her "opinions".

Also, MsMarvelDuckie is known for he inflammatory "mannerism" with which she "calls out" people for having different opinions than her own. And when people point it out or try to have an argument with her, she hides behind "harassment" banner.

If this is about reports I've sent on her posts - I've done it to give her taste of her own medicine, because, knowing her type, I am absolutely sure she has reported everyone for presumed crime of "wrongthink".
Old 10-24-2021, 12:22 PM   #71
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

So the MCU version of Ms. Marvel won't have her powers from the comics, She will have some sort of device that creates a construct of her Embiggening powers, So basically like the Green Lantern. She's gonna be a normal teen, and not an Inhuman.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma...9068#gs.dy04ah

Old 10-24-2021, 12:26 PM   #72
Sumac
Banned

Weird.
What's wrong with her own powers?
Old 10-24-2021, 12:31 PM   #73
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Weird.
They're tied to the Inhumans, and they're not being used by the MCU, and anything previously done with them is non-canon.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 12:31 PM   #74
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Weird.
Her powers are too similar to Mr Fantastic, Maybe its the reason why they are changing that, Another reason is that the Inhumans don't exist in the MCU. There was that failed TV show, But Marvel Studios doesn't acknowledge it.
Old 10-24-2021, 01:13 PM   #75
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
So the MCU version of Ms. Marvel won't have her powers from the comics, She will have some sort of device that creates a construct of her Embiggening powers, So basically like the Green Lantern. She's gonna be a normal teen, and not an Inhuman.

https://www.pyramidinternational.com...oducts/PP34866
Which one of the following is the most likely reason for this change?
  1. Since they are planning on making a Fantastic Four movie, they are pointlessly fretting about having more than one character with stretchy powers.
  2. Glowy light powers are just easier to make with a relatively lower budget.
  3. They are trying to keep quiet that they are retconning stuff and avoid direct contradictions with the Inhumans show (not like anyone cares about a show that got canned efter eight episodes and got bad reviews but blatantly striking things from canon tends to open up the kind of ******** can of worms that makes the Terminator franchise such a mess).
  4. The story she came from was a mess designed to arbitrarily keep the X-Men and Mutants a less relevant concept because of an idiotic company feud, one that has since been resolved due to a merger and with open secret plans to introduce the X-Men to this franchise, why in the **** would they ever even try to adapt that story?
  5. Since someone at Marvel had a boner for trying to make Carol a Hal Jordan rip-off, they just wanted to keep that up.
  6. They don't actually care, just like with Shang-Chi or Guardians, they just make **** up using old names because they think nobody else does. Maybe the director or writer or someone just thought the powers were idiotic and none of the higher ups actually cares enough about the character to keep something as simple as the power set intact.

Maybe a little of all of them? I mean, know the MCU isn't really that faithful, it never really was. It's only more faithful compared to the stuff it reboots in the sense that crossovers aren't hindered by characters being scattered by license contracts. But I have noticed there is some... Overlap between how relatively well known a character already was and how much they are willing to arbitrarily change them. Spider-Man is so well known that barely even bothered explaining his backstory and powers, basically expecting the audience to already get it and kept him mostly the same. MCU Iron Man may in many ways be RDJ just ad-libbing but the basics of his backstory and abilities are all there, at the core he is the same but still quite a bit different. And then you have Star-Lord, who shares his name with his comic book counterpart and the general idea that his dad is an alien, beyond that he might as well be a new character in terms of backstory and personality.

Kamala has been around for like six years or so and may primarily have been created so that Marvel can keep the Miss Marvel trademark when they made Carol Captain Marvel. Her book keeps failing to last and Marvel mostly seems to care about her because she makes headlines, for reasons largely unrelated to her personality or powers. So why even care about the powers from the higher up's POV?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 01:35 PM   #76
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post

https://www.pyramidinternational.com...oducts/PP34866
...............................Then why even make the movie at all?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 01:55 PM   #77
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
...............................Then why even make the movie at all?
It's not a movie, it's a series, but Kamala will be in The Marvels (aka Captain Marvel 2)
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 03:09 PM   #78
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
They're tied to the Inhumans, and they're not being used by the MCU, and anything previously done with them is non-canon.
IMO, it'd be easier to explain her powers in a different fashion, without involving Inhumans, rather than changing her powerset.
Old 10-25-2021, 04:13 PM   #79
neatoman
Emperor

So... Anyone want to bet on this causing some retcons and/or changes for synergy in the comics?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 04:20 PM   #80
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
IMO, it'd be easier to explain her powers in a different fashion, without involving Inhumans, rather than changing her powerset.
Or just making her a mutant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
[*]They are trying to keep quiet that they are retconning stuff and avoid direct contradictions with the Inhumans show (not like anyone cares about a show that got canned efter eight episodes and got bad reviews but blatantly striking things from canon tends to open up the kind of ******** can of worms that makes the Terminator franchise such a mess).
It's weird, I downloaded the whole show right when it came out, meaning to watch it shortly thereafter. And why wouldn't I? I loved Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, all that stuff. Yet I never felt much of an urge to. Even now, there it is on Disney+, easily watchable with just two clicks of my remote. Nope, still won't watch it.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote