The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #121
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Hun was boring to me. From his design to his voice. Couldn't stand that big lug. I also thought Leo was kind of a whiner too many times for my liking. And this is coming from a person who always likes Leo as his favorite Turtle. Didn't care for Raph's voice as well. And season 5 and beyond were just awful to me. Really hated the magic powers and dragons and ninja deities.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #122
CansecoBat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
I also thought Leo was kind of a whiner too many times for my liking.
I agree. It got progressively worse. It seems like writers confuse being a leader, with a whining nag. The 2003 presentation of him got worse, and I absolutely despised his portrayal in the 2007 film. A supreme, conceited asshole. Mikey got more and more annoying too. Writers having difficulty with him, turning him into one dimensional comedic relief. And in the 2003's show case, not funny comedic relief.
CansecoBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #123
CyberCubed
Overlord

I love how people continually complain about Utrom Shredder when it doesn't really matter as you watch the episodes. Especially in Season 3 where he's Oroku Saki the whole season.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #124
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I love how people continually complain about Utrom Shredder when it doesn't really matter as you watch the episodes. Especially in Season 3 where he's Oroku Saki the whole season.
But then we have Utrom Oroku Saki to complain about.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #125
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It doesn't matter because he's an evil alien in a robot body.

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #126
CansecoBat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
It doesn't matter because he's an evil alien in a robot body.
Exactly.

Keep the pathetic, and hilarious Krang rip off separate from the sacred, bad ass Oroku Saki please. Is nothing sacred besides the Turtles themselves, Laird?

And just because he was in the Saki suit doesn't mean I forgot he's actually a little pink goo ball named Ch'rell, and that the entire character of Saki / Shredder was disrespected and reduced to nothing more than a humanoid machine guise or crutch for a little gumball alien with a bug up his ass.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #127
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by CansecoBat View Post
Exactly.

Keep the pathetic, and hilarious Krang rip off separate from the sacred, bad ass Oroku Saki please. Is nothing sacred besides the Turtles themselves, Laird?

And just because he was in the Saki suit doesn't mean I forgot he's actually a little pink goo ball named Ch'rell, and that the entire character of Saki / Shredder was disrespected and reduced to nothing more than a humanoid machine guise or crutch for a little gumball alien with a bug up his ass.
I actually liked Utrom shredder. I thought he was very menacing and scary in general. When he had the suit on, my mind didn't go 'That's an utrom in disguise', my mind went 'That's the shredder'.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #128
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
I actually liked Utrom shredder. I thought he was very menacing and scary in general. When he had the suit on, my mind didn't go 'That's an utrom in disguise', my mind went 'That's the shredder'.
Same here man. He was one of the most menacing Shredders I've ever seen. However, I was recently rewatching Turtles Forever and it sure felt as if the writers weren't too fond of the OT Shredder and co. They didn't seem too thrilled with the OT vehicles either. Come to think of it, they weren't too thrilled with just about everything from that show. I guess it's just me but it seemed as if the writers thought all the 80's characters were idiots. That's one thing I didn't like about the 2k3 finale, I suppose. The turtles really don't act that way at all in the OT toon. Laughing at just about everything, being just plain goofy etc.

I also didn't like that the 2k3 show was canceled before that Shredder War featured in the first episode of season 7 became a reality. Sure it's more Shredder stuff but I would have liked to see that. I can't think of anything else I didn't like at present.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #129
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
Same here man. He was one of the most menacing Shredders I've ever seen. However, I was recently rewatching Turtles Forever and it sure felt as if the writers weren't too fond of the OT Shredder and co. They didn't seem too thrilled with the OT vehicles either. Come to think of it, they weren't too thrilled with just about everything from that show. I guess it's just me but it seemed as if the writers thought all the 80's characters were idiots. That's one thing I didn't like about the 2k3 finale, I suppose. The turtles really don't act that way at all in the OT toon. Laughing at just about everything, being just plain goofy etc.

I also didn't like that the 2k3 show was canceled before that Shredder War featured in the first episode of season 7 became a reality. Sure it's more Shredder stuff but I would have liked to see that. I can't think of anything else I didn't like at present.
Well 80's Raphael and Michelangelo maybe but Leo and Don were definitely out of character. The vehicles were ridiculous but that was the there charm. A joke 80's Raphael would've made to that comment would've been something like, "eh it was marketing gimmick" a little 4th wall humor since that what they actually were made for.

for a better representation to what people expected from the OT Turtles read this: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9725723/...ver-Re-shelled
Old 10-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #130
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CansecoBat View Post
True but they did sort of make up for it by revealing he was just an impostor impersonating the real Oroku Saki who lived long ago.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #131
CansecoBat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
True but they did sort of make up for it by revealing he was just an impostor impersonating the real Oroku Saki who lived long ago.
That didn't do anything for me, either. The Shredder in the series is still a more psychotic krang rip off. Basically combining the two characters into one. Not a fan. And once it was revealed he was an utrom, to me he ceased to be intimidating. He became un-intentionally hilarious. This angry little pink squid thing. And his motivations to me were kind of bland.

Utrom Shredder, like much of the 2k3 cartoon, it didn't balance out the darkness / drama / character development enough with true levity, acknowledging the absurdity of the very premise. That's probably why people generally side with the 80s and Nick cartoon more.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #132
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I liked how back then when we complained about lame-ass Utrom Shredder, people thought us wanting a human Shredder meant having a whiny incompetent Shredder. As if the idea of a normal human Shredder that deadly and to be taken seriously was impossible. Luckily the 2012 Shredder more than made up for that.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 10-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #133
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I liked how back then when we complained about lame-ass Utrom Shredder, people thought us wanting a human Shredder meant having a whiny incompetent Shredder. As if the idea of a normal human Shredder that deadly and to be taken seriously was impossible. Luckily the 2012 Shredder more than made up for that.
2012 Shredder is a bit too one-dimensional though, with his only redeeming qualities being his love for Karai. That may change in Season 2 depending on how they handle him.

I think IDW Shredder is the best example of a serious Shredder done right.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #134
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
2012 Shredder is a bit too one-dimensional though, with his only redeeming qualities being his love for Karai. That may change in Season 2 depending on how they handle him.

yeah, but you know noone reads the comics... 2012 Shredder is fine for now. He doesn't have 5 seasons under his belt just yet. The way he laughed when Karai attacked Splinter is the most psychological damaging Shredder I ever seen so far and it was awesome.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #135
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT!!!

We should close this thread. People don't know what they're talking about!! Nick Shredder is the bees knees.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #136
CyberCubed
Overlord

I find it bizarre people complain about Hun and turn around to praise Dogpound...who is literally the same character just as a giant dog.

At least Hun had a backstory with Casey. All Dogpound is now is a big guy who swings his arms around.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #137
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
I find it bizarre people complain about Hun and turn around to praise Dogpound...who is literally the same character just as a giant dog.

At least Hun had a backstory with Casey. All Dogpound is now is a big guy who swings his arms around.
Um....how much of that back story was established in the 1st season?

Just sayin'.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #138
Keldor1578
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Other that the gaunlet episode, The Nick Shredder been awful and mostly he just sit on throne and bark orders and make empty threats.
Keldor1578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #139
CyberCubed
Overlord

Also 4kids Shredder has one of the best voices.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #140
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Also 4kids Shredder has one of the best voices.
Until the 2012 version. Shredder's epic voice of evil makes the 2K3 Shredder's voice sound flat-out cartoonish in comparison.

Tags
4kids