The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 10-25-2022, 06:42 PM   #41
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Someone from Paramount recently said, in a press-statement, that they still have an interest in live-action tmnt movies, down the line.

I believe it was when they announced the paramount plus movies centered around tmnt villains.

It was unprovoked, so it does seem to be on their mind.

I wouldn’t be surprised. Nick just tested the waters with the video games and then announced a AAA game shortly after.

They could be testing waters here too.
I remember it sounding like it was a vague possibility. Mentioning it felt like a carrot to fans who would vastly prefer a live action movie. I'm sure there is some interest in a live action feature and they've had talks here and there with people but I think it's still a long way off.

I think Viacom suspect that the time for TMNT to become a successful modern movie franchise may have passed. There was never a better time for it than 2014; There was a lot of hype for the first live action turtles film in decades, the new animated was going strong, lots nostalgia not just for the 80s cartoon but the '03 one too. Also despite the controversy that slip up from Michael Bay saying they were aliens caused it got a lot of people talking. There is also the fact that this was the first time seeing TMNT live in a big budget movie and for younger fans this was the first time seeing the characters in live action period. That can't really replicate that feeling of excitement.

The big one though is that I don't think anyone at Paramount knows how to approach relaunching this. For decades the belief was if you simply make the 80s cartoon in live action it would be a huge box office hit and finally they were able to do it with Out Of The Shadows and it tanked. One of the more dangerous narratives that emerged to explain that movie's failure is that everyone was put off by the the first movie's 'darker tone' and not being enough like the 80s show. I imagine there are a few execs at Paramount which would like to go full Fred Wolf with a new movie straight away. The only thing preventing it is that doing that would take a huge budget that I doubt they will commit to with significant evidence there's an audience for any new TMNT movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Can you provide a source for that? I read otherwise.
Certainly. It was clarified later at same event it was announced when it was clear people tweeting about it assumed it was connected to the Rogan movie.

https://twitter.com/DailyNickNews/st...65602309066759

Last edited by Galactus; 10-25-2022 at 06:53 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 04:46 PM   #42
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
I believe it was when they announced the paramount plus movies centered around tmnt villains.
Lemme guess, with a plot similar to “Despicable Me”? Or “Cruella”?

Why can’t villains just be total d*cks instead of being misunderstood tragic figures? It was an interesting concept ten years ago, but now? It’s too predictable.
Old 11-10-2022, 05:20 PM   #43
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Lemme guess, with a plot similar to “Despicable Me”? Or “Cruella”?
... Yeah, probably. Best case scenario, we get something like Invader Zim.

But, uh... We can't exactly expect to get like Scarface with Hun or American Psycho with Shredder, can we?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 10:25 AM   #44
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Not a villain, but I would love a "Taxi driver" inspired Casey Jones solo movie.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 04:14 PM   #45
Antoniocafe
Thug

The only thing that I see in the article is that it says a "series of exclusive movies" for Paramount+.

Last edited by Antoniocafe; 03-24-2023 at 05:39 AM.
Antoniocafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 07:35 AM   #46
TylerD
Random Punk

Quote:
They should probably wait, but this indicates confidence at least.

Would be really silly for them to dive right into another failure of an animated series, without being sure of what they have.
I was thinking this myself... As excited as I am to have a new series, I just hope it's a good one.... I really was not a fan of Rise but I guess a few here are so to each their own.... I just hope the movie is incredible, and the series somewhat respects it.
TylerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 09:06 AM   #47
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
I was thinking this myself... As excited as I am to have a new series, I just hope it's a good one.... I really was not a fan of Rise but I guess a few here are so to each their own.... I just hope the movie is incredible, and the series somewhat respects it.
TMNT '12 found a really great balance between "serious stakes and ninja action" and the ridiculousness of the 80's show. Maybe the next evolution is something more akin to the Y2K show....

Do you guys remember the crazy, over-the-top black and white scene from "Forever" that featured the Mirage Turtles? If they want a deep reinvention of TMNT they could dig deep and pound out a black and white show similar to that scene. I don't know how long it would last, but it would either fail or be an award-winning smash.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 10:46 AM   #48
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
When did "Woke" become "I just don't like it!"??
When people with simple minds decide to follow their leaders and misuse the meaning of a word as a dig at the people it applies to. That, or just ignorance; if they hear it enough they just parrot it and it becomes part of their lexicon.

My point is, people who use woke as a derogatory word are either ignorant or bigots.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 10:56 AM   #49
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
When people with simple minds decide to follow their leaders and misuse the meaning of a word as a dig at the people it applies to. That, or just ignorance; if they hear it enough they just parrot it and it becomes part of their lexicon.

My point is, people who use woke as a derogatory word are either ignorant or bigots.
Actually people who try to make things 'woke' are the ignorant bigots. They're so concerned with overthinking every last thing they fail to see how they're promoting segregation, racism, sexism and bigotry themselves.

You are not a person to a woke leftist. You are only defined by your race and your sexuality and whatever box or label they can fit you into. You are nothing more but a tool to be used to virtue signal, and when they have no use of you, you shut up and go back to where you belong until you are needed again.

Modern day example- Pride Month. Yay yay we're so proud and progressive, yay, we support gay rights, look at us, look at the rainbow, ok the month's over, get the **** outta here til next year so we can profit off you again. And the woke left sees nothing wrong with this.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 12:20 PM   #50
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
get the **** outta here til next year so we can profit off you again. And the woke left sees nothing wrong with this.
Sure, the commercialization of it, like what has happened with other holidays, events, or what have you, that most people probably roll their eyes at a bit, but not like it started that way or is anything unusual.

I doubt most companies care that much about "wokeness" or so-called virtue signaling, they're just taking advantage of an opportunity for profits by catering to a demographic who do and want to feel seen -- and who also have money to spend -- which is hardly unexpected for any company.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-05-2023 at 01:04 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 02:02 PM   #51
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
You mean like the woke and their favorite word “racist”? Or “white supremacy”?

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 02-05-2023 at 02:14 PM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 02:19 PM   #52
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:

"Woke" is effectively a meme word at this point, a shorthand intended to subvert any real concept of arguing or even basic meaning that can be understood universally. Using it any context where you try to communicate a point, positive or negative, is something best avoided entirely because it waters down your message.

If something looks bad, just call it bad. Don't use these borderline meaningless terms that will be outdated in five years because they've lost all meaning.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 02:25 PM   #53
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Woke can have many meanings but it pretty much boils down to 'insane far leftist beliefs'. Media where 'diversity and representation' matters more than story or characters, obsession with 'white supremacy', treating people as just their race and sexuality, 1000 genders and sexualities, the fact that you MUST be attracted to and want to **** a transperson or else you're a transphobe, all these fake hashtag movements and cancelling people over 'wrong-think' and much more is what pretty much being woke entails.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 02:43 PM   #54
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Modern day example- Pride Month. Yay yay we're so proud and progressive, yay, we support gay rights, look at us, look at the rainbow, ok the month's over, get the **** outta here til next year so we can profit off you again. And the woke left sees nothing wrong with this.
What are you talking about? Every month is Pride Month. You see LGBTQ+ flags everywhere you go. People wear rainbows outside of Pride Month like a badge of honor, like it somehow makes them more “unique” than everyone else. Just last Saturday at an anime convention I saw a person wearing a non-binary flag around them like a shawl or something. One vendor sold enormous LGBTQ+ flags. Sure, you’re spitting rainbows by the end of June, but every day you are expected to give praises to “queer” people or at least acknowledge that they exist. If you have the audacity to replace the Pride flag with the American flag in a video game, you’re the worst of the worst. You’re encouraged to boycott Harry Potter products because they might “offend” the community. Even gay people are sick of all this special attention because when they pushed for gay marriage, they just wanted to be treated as equals.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 02-05-2023 at 05:18 PM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 02:50 PM   #55
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Do we know if this show is still a go? Are they moving forward with it regardless or are they going to wait and see how the movie performs before developing it? Hmm.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 06:23 PM   #56
CyberCubed
Overlord

If the movie bombs I don't think they'll move ahead with a series based on it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 06:38 PM   #57
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If the movie bombs I don't think they'll move ahead with a series based on it.
I think Rise existed because of the Bay movies. Not directly influenced but point being that the series will probably get at least one season regards of movie box office.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 05:07 PM   #58
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

I saw an image of what the turtles will look like. Does anybody else hate it when the bandana on the turtle goes over the top of their head? To me it just looks ugly, but for some reason every version of the turtles after the 2012 ones have at least one turtle with a bandana that covers the entire head. It is a trend that needs to die.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 12:31 AM   #59
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt View Post
I saw an image of what the turtles will look like. Does anybody else hate it when the bandana on the turtle goes over the top of their head? To me it just looks ugly, but for some reason every version of the turtles after the 2012 ones have at least one turtle with a bandana that covers the entire head. It is a trend that needs to die.
Yes, I hate it just like I hate Donnie with glasses.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 01:01 AM   #60
Dpooly84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
"Woke" is effectively a meme word at this point, a shorthand intended to subvert any real concept of arguing or even basic meaning that can be understood universally. Using it any context where you try to communicate a point, positive or negative, is something best avoided entirely because it waters down your message.

If something looks bad, just call it bad. Don't use these borderline meaningless terms that will be outdated in five years because they've lost all meaning.
This is actually the perfect example of appropriation and perversion of what the term started out as. African Americans used the term to tell each other to see thru the bs lies and liberals turned it into accept bearded men using women's restrooms.
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote