The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-20-2020, 06:12 PM   #4441
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I haven't checked rangerboard, what's the general consensus or your personal opinions?

I guess this means the end of sentai adaptations? Will Hasbro understand the cool things from sentai that makes power rangers cool or will they only do MMPR..
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:10 AM   #4442
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I haven't checked rangerboard, what's the general consensus or your personal opinions?
RB's consensus appears to be one of mild concern, but also excitement and an "about time" mentality as they feel the show's hit a creative dead end, some are still hesitant to believe the Sentai adaptations will come to a total end though.

Quote:
I guess this means the end of sentai adaptations? Will Hasbro understand the cool things from sentai that makes power rangers cool or will they only do MMPR..
I feel they can make money for years using two decades worth of old concepts and designs, not just MMPR.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 07:55 AM   #4443
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
RB's consensus appears to be one of mild concern, but also excitement and an "about time" mentality as they feel the show's hit a creative dead end, some are still hesitant to believe the Sentai adaptations will come to a total end though.

I feel they can make money for years using two decades worth of old concepts and designs, not just MMPR.
Well I hope they still use sentai even if they're super lazy adaptations and continue with the rehash of ideas with other projects. Yeah they can definitely make money for years with the old concepts but you know how it's going to go right? It'll be MMPR with sprinkles of the other teams here and there just like the IDW comics, things will be like fan fics, stuff that makes no sense in universe will happen for the sake of shocking twists and making the MMPR heroes the greatest.

I love MMPR, my favorite team but what has kept me interested in Power Rangers is the legacy factor, I don't want a million MMPR stories, I like seeing progress which DC/Marvel and other heroes don't. The subtle aspects of super sentai that make themselves appear in Power Rangers because it's an adaptation will be lost by people who don't get what sentai/power rangers is about. The way Hasbro handles transformers is not the way to handle Power Rangers.

I agree the post-Disney years have for the most part been missess but there was room to improve on them, and while this might give us some cool ideas that are better than a simple half-assed adaptation we'll end up losing in the long run.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:34 PM   #4445
Allio
Foot Elite

Saw it before, hated it. For a fight that equates to nothing more than distraction storywise it was pretty chopped up and edited messily.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:04 PM   #4446
sdp
Megan Fox = April

At least we got to see Jason one last time as Red before Hasbro reboots after Dino Fury.
Old 10-24-2020, 01:12 AM   #4447
Allio
Foot Elite

He doesn’t even get a proper fight scene. And he doesn’t tell “We need dinozord power, NOW!”
Old 10-26-2020, 02:01 AM   #4448
Leolead
Stone Warrior

This franchise needed a reboot. Shame 2017 failed. I loved the movie
Old 10-26-2020, 09:41 AM   #4449
sdp
Megan Fox = April

MMPR is going to be a cartoon now, how do you feel about it?
I love MMPR so it's cool in a way I'm sure I'll enjoy it for that very reason but I do feel this is the death of Power Rangers as I loved it since it's going to be some fanfic level stuff when we get it that will be promptly cancelled.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:00 AM   #4450
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
This franchise needed a reboot. Shame 2017 failed. I loved the movie
Same. So disappointed we won't be getting a sequel.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:42 AM   #4451
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The relevant excerpt from Entwhistle's recent interview

Quote:
"It's interesting because I am now running the new "Power Rangers" reboot universe from scratch. So right now I'm mapping out a whole new world of movies and television and animation. I'm very acutely aware of the fandom versus delivering what people expect, while still doing something cool and new, but without reinventing the wheels. So these conversations are definitely fascinating from the sense of building fandoms and then destroying them as it pleases"

https://www.insider.com/jonathan-ent...season-2020-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I loved it since it's going to be some fanfic level stuff when we get it that will be promptly cancelled.
I don't get the constant doomsaying regarding the franchise's future because it's switching things up. Voltron is essentially an animated Power Rangers and did fine when rebooted for streaming...and the "fanfic level" storytelling made big by the comics is quite popular.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:58 AM   #4452
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Voltron Legendary Defender was a shipping show and not very Voltron at all so that's not a good analogy. The comics are popular but how long can they continue the "Lord Drakkon" story, and popular comics does not mean a popular show, there's a reason the power rangers reboot in 2017 movie failed, Power Rangers is a difficult thing to get right and I don't think a cartoon will revatilize it and make it work for kids.

Even Marvel and DC have not had a successful cartoon in many many years. I don't see how this can turn things around. I do think an essence of what makes power rangers what it is, is the sentai footage, being forced to change every year. Take the tokusatsu out and they're silly heroes, sure you can have some cool stories but I don't think that can be stretched forever like G1 transformers with reboot after reboot. I don't think they can successfully pull it off.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:18 PM   #4453
Allio
Foot Elite

And even then Voltron was toyetic, and we know how important that is going to be
Old 10-26-2020, 12:54 PM   #4454
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Switching back to Dino Fury...it appears we're getting new writers and at least one new director
Old 10-26-2020, 03:08 PM   #4455
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Entwistle has come onboard. He’ll be handling the development of both live action television around Power Rangers in addition to the kids-oriented TV show that’s in its 27th season. We’ll also be working on a live action film
https://twitter.com/nopinkspandex/st...18649847005185
Old 10-27-2020, 01:39 PM   #4456
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Brian Edward Hill (Titans, Black, Batman and the Outsiders) will pen the screenplay for the new movie

https://deadline.com/2020/10/eone-ha...ie-1234604204/
Old 10-28-2020, 01:33 AM   #4457
Allio
Foot Elite

Some videos from Tokushoutsu.

Old 10-30-2020, 01:02 PM   #4459
sdp
Megan Fox = April

A female green, awesome! A female black would've also been a good alternative. Hell even a darker blue female ranger would've been cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Some videos from Tokushoutsu.

This is why i'm sad. They won't be able to adapt those little things that are brought from super sentai to an animated Power Rangers adaptation.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:30 AM   #4460
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Power Rangers Dino Fury confirmed to have two seasons

https://worldscreen.com/tvkids/olivi...e-integration/

Michael Hurst of Hercules and Ninja Storm fame is back to direct episodes of Dino Fury also.

https://twitter.com/MichaelHurstNow/...75045823471616

Tags
power rangers