The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 05-04-2022, 11:09 PM   #21
Sumac
Banned

It reminds me, how in the 90s there was sort of an informal "agreement" between Russian comedians to not make fun of early Russian Democrats, because, they thought they genuinely trying their best to improve Russia...and I think, it was a critical mistake.

Politicians are hired bureaucrats, they should be made fun of. And if you think they are beyond making of, you half way towards dictatorship.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 11:12 PM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
One thing I noticed about Obama...

Comedians in the US never made fun of him. They all seemed to suck up to him in fact. Now you're gonna tell me most comedians and entertainers in the US are Democrats. Okay sure, but that didn't stop them from making fun of Bill Clinton in the 90s. Why was Obama so untouchable? Really strange.
Unless you're Chris Rock or Dave Chapelle, you're not allowed to make fun of black people, is why.

But oh MAN, do they make the most of the fact that they, in fact, are "allowed".

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 05:48 AM   #23
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
It reminds me, how in the 90s there was sort of an informal "agreement" between Russian comedians to not make fun of early Russian Democrats, because, they thought they genuinely trying their best to improve Russia...and I think, it was a critical mistake.

Politicians are hired bureaucrats, they should be made fun of. And if you think they are beyond making of, you half way towards dictatorship.
Yeah, exactly.

I think the fact they're making politicians 'untouchable' is a part of what's led to, well, the current state of the world right now.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 01:51 PM   #24
ZariusTwo
Overlord

No charges for the felon.

Chappele: Freedom from Speech
The Loser Left: Freedom from consequence

https://deadline.com/2022/05/dave-ch...5840/#comments

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 05-05-2022 at 02:09 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 03:12 PM   #25
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
No charges for the felon.

Chappele: Freedom from Speech
The Loser Left: Freedom from consequence

https://deadline.com/2022/05/dave-ch...5840/#comments
Was the guy who attacked Chappelle a Lefist?

I haven't been following this story closely but I assume that if he were left leaning and took umbrage with Chapalle's anti trans stuff I'd hear no crowing about it. I've read in a few sources the guy was an aspiring rapper that has recorded raps about how he hates Dave Chappelle and another defending Donald Trump. I haven't listened to these myself but it seems legit. Now that I think about it since Chappelle has publicly spoken out against Trump that could have been his motivation.

Have you got any evidence he's left leaning politically or if is that something you've just decided?

Last edited by Galactus; 05-16-2022 at 03:30 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:49 PM   #26
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Was the guy who attacked Chappelle a Lefist?

I haven't been following this story closely but I assume that if he were left leaning and took umbrage with Chapalle's anti trans stuff I'd hear no crowing about it. I've read in a few sources the guy was an aspiring rapper that has recorded raps about how he hates Dave Chappelle and another defending Donald Trump. I haven't listened to these myself but it seems legit. Now that I think about it since Chappelle has publicly spoken out against Trump that could have been his motivation.

Have you got any evidence he's left leaning politically or if is that something you've just decided?
I mean, Chappelle has been stuck in the left's craw for a while now.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 06:05 PM   #27
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I mean, Chappelle has been stuck in the left's craw for a while now.
The Left having issues with Chappelle is recent and largely because of his anti trans stuff. There is also the thing were he threatened to not go through with plans to build a comedy club in his home town unless the local council pulled the plug on building affordable housing in the surrounding area. The belief was that he didn't want poor people putting people off going to the club. He denied that's the reason, some believe him and others don't.

The Right has had issues with Chappelle for a long time based on...I don't know. I guess they just don't like him but they especially don't like that he is critical of Donald Trump. They've only become somewhat supportive of him because they are largely anti trans but still I saw a lot of Conservatives saying he had it coming so they haven't fully jumped on his train.

It's all irrelevant of course. The question is why did the guy attack him. If he was a big Trump supporter he is most likely not on the Left and so Zarius' point that the Left doesn't face consequences for these type of things is clearly wrong.
Old 05-16-2022, 06:08 PM   #28
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
The Left having issues with Chappelle is recent and largely because of his anti trans stuff. There is also the thing were he threatened to not go through with plans to build a comedy club in his home town unless the local council pulled the plug on building affordable housing in the surrounding area. The belief was that he didn't want poor people putting people off going to the club. He denied that's the reason some believe others don't.

The Right has had issues with Chappelle for a long time based on...I don't know. I guess they just don't like him but they especially don't like that he is critical of Donald Trump.

It's all irrelevant of course. The question is why did the guy attack him. If he was a big Trump supporter he is most likely not on the Left and so Zarius' point that the Left doesn't face consequences for these type of things is clearly wrong.
He's not even anti-trans, they just can't take a joke. Like everyone is fair game except them. The biggest irony being, one of his dear friends was a transperson, and the so-call tolerant leftist transfolk bullied this person to the extent that they committed suicide. So transfolk pretty much killed one of their own and they complain about 'anti-trans jokes'.

I'm not 100% bout the Trump angle. He's old news, I doubt he makes jokes about him anymore. No one is gonna attack him over jokes he made years ago, if someone was that crazy to attack him, it would be over the stuff he is saying now.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 05-16-2022, 06:34 PM   #29
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
He's not even anti-trans, they just can't take a joke. Like everyone is fair game except them. The biggest irony being, one of his dear friends was a transperson, and the so-call tolerant leftist transfolk bullied this person to the extent that they committed suicide. So transfolk pretty much killed one of their own and they complain about 'anti-trans jokes'.

I'm not 100% bout the Trump angle. He's old news, I doubt he makes jokes about him anymore. No one is gonna attack him over jokes he made years ago, if someone was that crazy to attack him, it would be over the stuff he is saying now.
Would so many people be as supportive of the argument that it's "just comedy" if he was making similar jokes about gay people? Of course not, there is more of social stigma to being openly homophobic even if it's in humour.

A lot of people say that nothing should be off limits when it comes to comedy but when push comes to shove they usually have a line. Even if you are one of the few who legitimately believe everyone if fair game, well good comedians generally punch up. Making jokes about a community that is under fire right now is not a good look particularly for someone who makes speeches supporting marginalised communities.

Anyway...this is a distraction from the topic at hand. I wouldn't rule out that the attack was because Chapelle is supportive of Trump. Most Trump supporters want him to run again, most think he actually won. If they are that crazy to think that he's secretly still president and will seize control any day now I think it's more that possible one would still hold a grudge against him for criticising Trump...I guess that's one of their lines comedians shouldn't cross.

Now it could be that despite being an alleged Trump supporter the attack was not politically motivated. However it's kinda funny that most right wingers jumped to the conclusion that it was a politically motivated attack by a left wing person and mad he didn't get charged with assault but I'm guessing if it turns out he really was one of their own will they be quick to condemn him or complain that he didn't face any charges. I'm guessing not.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:11 PM   #30
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
A lot of people say that nothing should be off limits when it comes to comedy but when push comes to shove they usually have a line.
I dunnoooooo.

I'm a child abuse survivor, and hispanic. And I laugh at jokes about hispanic moms throwing sandals at their kids (something my own mother did to me). Humor is an excellent outlet for people who've been through the wringer in life.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:07 PM   #31
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I think the biggest irony is that the last "transphobic attack" on their community that caused this latest flare up was his memorial for his passed transgender friend during that part of his show for the above harassment.

Quote:
A lot of people say that nothing should be off limits when it comes to comedy but when push comes to shove they usually have a line. Even if you are one of the few who legitimately believe everyone if fair game, well good comedians generally punch up. Making jokes about a community that is under fire right now is not a good look particularly for someone who makes speeches supporting marginalised communities.
Good comedians make fun of things that are funny. The trans community is not really under attack right now, they are being celebrated in the media and academia. There are plenty of online squares that will ban you for being transphobic. Look at who you aren't allowed to joke about...those people are much higher on the chain.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:18 PM   #32
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Would so many people be as supportive of the argument that it's "just comedy" if he was making similar jokes about gay people? Of course not, there is more of social stigma to being openly homophobic even if it's in humour.
But that's what I'm trying to say, he is NOT homophobic or transphobic. It's NOT 'being openly homophobic but hiding it under humor'. It's just humor.

Or are we gonna start getting the point where only gay stand up comedians can say the same jokes and follow it with 'it's ok, I'm gay so I can say it'.

Old 05-16-2022, 08:20 PM   #33
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
I dunnoooooo.

I'm a child abuse survivor, and hispanic. And I laugh at jokes about hispanic moms throwing sandals at their kids (something my own mother did to me). Humor is an excellent outlet for people who've been through the wringer in life.
Ah dude, lmao, we all laugh about 'la chancla'.

Old 05-16-2022, 09:20 PM   #34
Sumac
Banned

Quote:

This community is under fire, because, its mostly consists of abusive psychos and fails to weed of worst of the worst amongst them, including those who are OK with indoctrinating children into their creepy ****** religion.

Most people just see them for what they are now, which is why they are under fire. And I'd say there is not enough of it. They should be called on all of their insanity as much as possible.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:39 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
He was literally making gay jokes in the same comedy special. So yes. They would be just as supportive.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 08:09 PM   #36
Leo656
The Franchise

Jesus.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...013004983.html

Quote:
Speaking to the New York Post from a Los Angeles correctional facility Sunday, Lee explained what was going through his mind when he ambushed Chappelle on the stage of the Hollywood Bowl.

“I identify as bisexual … and I wanted him to know what he said was triggering,” he said. “I wanted him to know that next time, he should consider first running his material by people it could affect.”
Typical Lefty. "I don't like your words, so I'll respond with physical violence." And these are the people who call conservatives "totalitarian" and "Might-makes-right advocates".

Back in my day, not-straight people had a sense of humor.

Old 05-22-2022, 08:23 PM   #37
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Bisexual girls are like spaghetti.

Straight until wet.

Old 05-22-2022, 09:37 PM   #38
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Jesus.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...013004983.html

Typical Lefty. "I don't like your words, so I'll respond with physical violence." And these are the people who call conservatives "totalitarian" and "Might-makes-right advocates".

Whatever prison time they gave him, he deserves an extra month or so in there.

Old 05-23-2022, 01:22 AM   #39
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Bisexual girls are like spaghetti.

Straight until wet.

That was good.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:37 AM   #40
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That was good.
Despite having a reputation on here as a humorless, elitist, rainbow haired, Godless, Biden humping land whale SJW, I think I can still bring some laughs to the table.