The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-12-2018, 08:30 PM   #161
sdp
Megan Fox = April

If this movie is successful we're likely not only getting a sequel but also an Ash movie or who knows what. But today Stan Lee's death took the spotlight and news cycle that this movie would've gotten, it still got tons of coverage but Stan Lee's death overshadowed it. Avengers 4 not only being the end of an era of the MCU but also now that it'll be dedicated to Stan will also hurt Detective Pikachu which releases the week after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
God, Pikachu is so fluffy. I want a plushie.
There'll be tons of plushies in that style when the movie comes out, closest one right now is the talking Pikachu plushie from a decade ago, I own that one it's pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm actually surprised the amount of non-Gen 1 pokemon in the trailer. We see Greninja, Emolga, Joltik, etc. I thought this would be some genwunner Kanto pokemon thing but I'm glad to see it isn't.

What casual fan knows what a Greninja is? Most of those people don't know any pokemon after the original 151.
They're still putting gen 1 in the spotlight for marketing reasons and the most well known Pokemon from other gens will likely be there like Greninja. What I'm surprised is indeed Emolga and Joltik, I'm guessing we'll see tons of obscure Pokemon in the background, I mean those two I had to google and I'm a huge Pokemon fan.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:31 PM   #162
Allio
Foot Elite

No Ash movie. Let's get a Pokken movie.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:21 PM   #163
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I literally have no idea what any of you are talking about. And I've even played Pokemon Go a little bit. Which means the target audience is clearly someone(s) who only have a passing idea of what Pokemon is, which seems like a pretty sound idea, frankly.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:10 PM   #164
Wildcat
Foot Elite

He’s so cute. It’s weird hearing a manly voice come out of him. I kinda wish they’d would have given him a higher/friendly voice to match his appearance. Nothing against Ryan Reynolds, I understand what they’re going for. Overall the movie itself looks cool though.

I’ve seen the cartoon obviously but on and off and a couple of the movies. I have a few old Pokémon figures and plushies from the early 2000s. I even have some of the gold cards that Burger King gave out.

I actually don’t have any of the traditional Pokémon games. I have Mystery Dungeon for DS, Pokémon Snap, Hey You! and I played PokePark Pikachus Adventure on Wii through a rental.

Seriously though, Nintendo, make a Pokémon Snap 2. It makes perfect sense with the Switch. I know Go! is kinda that already but I want a game world to take pictures in.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:42 PM   #165
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
What I'm surprised is indeed Emolga and Joltik, I'm guessing we'll see tons of obscure Pokemon in the background, I mean those two I had to google and I'm a huge Pokemon fan.
I feel like most pokemon from the 5th, 6th and 7th gen all blur into each other. Probably because I was an adult when they came out, but all the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon are distinct to me, but after that every gen blurs together. Obviously I know for others it's not the same, it depends what gen you grew up with or how much you played the games.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:33 AM   #166
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Detective Pikachu game on 3ds has a fair balance of all gen pokemons but based on the movie trailer most of them are gen 1.

Could be gen 1 is their movie target audience. But that’s how it is when they started Pokemon Go as well.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #167
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Full list of all the Pokemons in the trailer https://screenrant.com/detective-pik...mpaign=SR-FB-P
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:51 PM   #168
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

From this trailer. You can tell that the filmmakers totally get it and are sticking to the source material. Making the Pokemon look like they did from the games and the anime. But also making them as real as possible. and without making them look uncanny valley creepy.

I'm getting a "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" vibe from this trailer. And that's a good thing. This movie will probably have that Film Noir vibe like that movie. But instead of a world were humans and cartoon characters co-exist. Its humans and Pokemon living together.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:55 PM   #169
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's a new look at Charizard from Detective Pikachu.
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/01...zard-new-look/

Old 01-19-2019, 05:41 PM   #170
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Legendary is reportedly working on two more Pokémon films. One will be a spin off featuring Mewtwo:https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...t-warner-bros/

The other will be an adaptation of Pokémon Red/Blue: https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...achu-universe/

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:15 PM   #171
Allio
Foot Elite

Not gonna deny. Kind of interested in the new two film especially if these movies are more game based than anime and game mewtwo still has a lot of questions (though let’s go has implication of Aitsu.)
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:49 PM   #172
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Detective Pikachu 2 already in the works: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...source=twitter

Old 02-16-2019, 11:39 AM   #173
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Also some trading cards giving us a new look at some of the Pokémon appearing in the film: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonCine...ng_cards_give/

Old 02-26-2019, 10:17 AM   #174
Vicky82
Emperor

New Trailer

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:55 AM   #175
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

This movie keeps looking better and better.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:02 AM   #176
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Check out MewTwo from the new Trailer.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:03 AM   #177
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I'm glad that this movie's lookin' good, visually and literally, unlike another certain live-action, VdG movie ...
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:17 PM   #178
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I think the movie looks very entertaining. What's interesting about this film's release date and the song they used for the trailer is that I heard "Holding Out For a Hero" for the first time in my life 15 years ago this May. It was when Fantasia sang it for the top 4 Disco week during season 3 of American Idol. I then saw it performed by the Fairy Godmother in Shrek 2 just a couple of weeks later, which will be celebrating its 15th anniversary this May.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:30 PM   #179
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Box Office Pro is predicting a HUGE opening weekend for the film. It could reach as high as $90 million.

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-ra...ay-moviegoers/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a day inside may, adayinsidemaythemovie, detective sjw, goddammithollywood, picuckchu, pikapool, really?