The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-11-2024, 11:21 AM   #241
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The latest promo teases that the Avengers, or at least Captain America, are turning up

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:45 PM   #242
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

I was fine with episode 4; felt like a classic Saturday morning cartoon. 5, though, wow. That just plunged straight into the dark, as great as it was.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:46 PM   #243
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

This should just be the new MCU. The “live-action” films look like cartoons now anyway. At least this world has some solid writing.
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:05 AM   #244
ZariusTwo
Overlord

More info dropping from Beau DeMayo and Rogue's Voice actress

1. The first four episodes were made to lull fans into a false sense of nostalgic security and then pull off a really dark turn to remind us all that 9/11 and other world tragedies have happened that eventually rob an idealised time of it's innocence

2. Jean and Scott's relationship is meant to be exploring themes of rape, abandonment, and mental/emotional trauma stemming from both

3. Rogue's VA recently lost her 17 year old niece to cancer, so her raw emotional performance in episode five was very real. She says the character's 'real journey' now begins so that indicates to me, unless it happens in the season finale, that no retcon is coming.
Old 04-12-2024, 03:07 AM   #245
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

“X-Men TAS” was the only show I loved even more than TMNT 2002. I watched the show religiously, as the X-Men was my life! So there was A LOT riding on “X-Men ‘97”. However, thus far, I have been pleasantly surprised. Yea, there have been a few things I have not liked (mainly political narratives that highly irritate me), but overall I am really loving this series! Episode 4 was definitely my least favorite, but man…what a great episode #5 was! Yet I will admit, I will be rather disappointed if we never see Gambit again in the series. He was one of the characters I was most excited to see in action with this newer animation style, and while it has delivered so far, I still want more! I also don’t want to see Rogue leave the team for a long period of time like she did in the comics immediately following the “Age Of Apocalypse” storyline. So hopefully some time travel or else something else some “Krakoa era silliness” will happen to bring them back eventually.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 04:22 PM   #246
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Bruh, episode 5 was insane. I haven't felt this way since the finale of Loki.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 07:05 PM   #247
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
Yea, there have been a few things I have not liked (mainly political narratives that highly irritate me)
It's X-Men...

What political narrative in an X-Men story - in THIS X-Men story - could possibly highly irritate a self-proclaimed X-Men fan?
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 06:38 AM   #248
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So Lifedeath part two again felt a bit like two episodes in one, only it didn't have two titles. Probably for the better this time.

Spoiler:
First plot deals with Professor Xavier's attempts to marry Lilandra, only for her sister Deathbird to demand he purge himself of all his memories of the X-Men and Earth in order to rule justly. Xavier taps into all of their minds and attempts to educate them on the themes of navigating through co-existence with the races they have conquered, then he has a vision of Genosha and decides to return to Earth, abandoning Lilandra.

B plot concludes Storm and Forge's encounter with the Affair, with Storm regaining her powers and her hair grows long again, she also now has her classic Claremont/Byrne 70s black costume with the tiara.

Final scene is Boliver Trask revealing he gave Mr. Sinister access to Master Mold.
Old 04-17-2024, 11:42 AM   #249
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Great Episode Alison Sealy Smith is the GOAT

Glad
Spoiler:
Prof X
is coming back to Earth
Old 04-24-2024, 03:03 AM   #250
ZariusTwo
Overlord

That warm up act for the finale COOKED!

Spoiler:
Captain America, 'Thunderbolt' Ross, Amelia, President Kelly, Morph turned into Quicksilver. Maggot turned up at one point too.

I didn't expect a bit of 'Dark Beast' to come out of Hank, but it was a nice way of subverting expectations from Trish's interest in him. Morrison's run is where that relationship actually fell apart, and Hank was a dick to her there too, they've just decided to replace the end of an established relationship with the mere tease of it beginning.

Rogue's grief was handled well, and it does take her to every dark corner imaginable...just when you think Kurt and the X-Men can pull her out of the darkness, she allows it to swallow her whole by 'killing' Trask. Logan understands it the most, which I thought was a nice touch, but of course it activates Trask's dormant bio-sentinel programming and he beasts the X-Men in battle until Cable bails them out.

I think Cable's voice performance was stronger here than it was in 'Remember It', and there was a hint of his old 92 theme, he seems to harbour some resentment towards Jean for not being Madelyn.

Speaking of Jean, I'm glad there was more focus on her and Scott trying to confront what they're losing between one another and still being there for one another emotionally.

Emma survived, and is in her diamond form

And the big bad of the season reveals himself. BASTION. Sinister works for him, and boy has he got some trump cards up his sleeve. Magneto is alive, and Bastion's prisoner, the final scene with Bastion shaving Eric and a catchy showtune playing was super creepy. Doesn't seem that Mags eventual return to Villainy will be entirely up to him, I think they're going to adapt the 'Xorneto' thing by having Bastion stitch Erick up, as that was how they retconned his involvement in Morrison's era in the first place

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 04-24-2024 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:44 PM   #251
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Another great episode. I'm liking that Nightcrawler is getting more involved.

Spoiler:
I also had a feeling Magneto wasn't dead. I guess that means Leech is still alive?

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 03:51 AM   #252
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Finale begins and boy does it over-deliver!

Spoiler:
90s Spider-Man is back! Nice of Marvel to give us the appearance that Invincible couldn't...

Several other characters appear, including Doctor Doom and Baron Zemo, they're working with Sinister and Bastion

We get a big data dump on Bastion's backstory, he was created by a future strain of the same virus that Sinister infected Nathan/Cable with.

Beast's reporter interest turns out to be a bio-sentinel and she leads a mass army of them into the mansion and levels it.

Bishop's lost in the timestream.

Magneto is freed by Valerie Cooper, the "Magneto is right" meme gets a shout-out, and Magneto releases an EMP wave that shuts down all electrical equipment on Earth. Xavier returns to Earth and begins reassembling the team

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 05-02-2024 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:09 PM   #253
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

ya X-Men was great this week.

**** Roberto's mom

Nightcrawler was a badass

Also the last scene was awesome besides the cameos