Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-17-2023, 05:36 PM   #141
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
You guys talk about the same sh*t every day oh my god give it a break already
Well you know... news is slow and this movie looks like $#!(, sooooooo.....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 07:52 PM   #142
TurtleManiac
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
This dude nailed it:

(Warning: Language and loads of stupidity on Rogen’s part)

https://media.tenor.com/XpElorGI4c0A...nt-raphael.gif
Wow. That guy is something else. Does he have turrets syndrome or something? I know he’s said some weird * before but I actually hadn’t even seen some of those tweets in the video. The things he said to JK Rowling, Tulsi Gabbard, and Gia Carano, anybody else would be called out and dealt with. But no, not Hollywood leftist Seth Rogen. Clearly he’s on the “right side of history” in promoting transgender ideology, and feels good about himself threatening biological women who disagree with him. This is the guy who bailed out domestic terrorists in 2020. And he really did “end her career” since Disney got rid of her after that.

I actually did like some of his movies years ago. I thought he was a comedy actor. Why the * does he have to be involved in TMNT? And just found out that he’s the voice of Donkey Kong in the new Mario movie? Wtf. So sick of him, I was looking forward to the Mario movie, and still am, but now that I know Seth Rogen is involved, I hope that doesn’t kill the movie for me.

Those are some crazy tweets and a whole nother level of liberal privilege. I’m fine with differing opinions, but this guy is more than just an extremist, he’s strait up fascist.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 07:56 PM   #143
Roseangelo
Emperor

Jason Biggs got fired for offensive tweets. Seth Rogen got hired despite them.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 08:03 PM   #144
TurtleManiac
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Jason Biggs got fired for offensive tweets. Seth Rogen got hired despite them.
I was just thinking about that. I thought he was fired just for being the “pie guy” in an R rated movie and parents complaining about it, didn’t know about the tweets. But it couldn’t possibly be worse than Seth Rogen’s tweets?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 08:59 PM   #145
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
I was just thinking about that. I thought he was fired just for being the “pie guy” in an R rated movie and parents complaining about it, didn’t know about the tweets. But it couldn’t possibly be worse than Seth Rogen’s tweets?
https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...fensive-tweets
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 01:34 AM   #146
Slash-Dash
Foot Soldier

what a pathetic thread.
Slash-Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 08:14 AM   #147
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Boycotts never work. Either people like the product or they don't.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 09:24 AM   #148
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash-Dash View Post
what a pathetic thread.
This movie looks pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Boycotts never work.
Not saying they do. Just look at Hogwarts Legacy. This is a personal choice, and if I’m the only doing it, that’s fine.
Old 03-18-2023, 10:55 AM   #149
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash-Dash View Post
what a pathetic thread.
The thread is responding to what was put out there about the TMNT movie and to what Seth Rogen has put out there about himself. The thread is a fan response.

You can't hide behind calling everyone "evil" or "racists" or even "pathetic" just because the response to your $#!(-filled-agenda-movie isn't good. What's pathetic are the insulated Hollywood echo-chamber idiots who made this kind of material and hide behind their narcissistic virtue. That's pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Boycotts never work. Either people like the product or they don't.
Boycotts work, although the use of the word in the thread title is a little melodramatic. It's simple - capitalism gives us choice and power with our dollars. If you don't like it, disagree with it, etc, don't spend your money on it. Don't give them money. The end. That does work. Don't pay for woke $#!(. It's disingenuous. It's a lie. Don't pay for woke $#!(.
Old 03-18-2023, 08:07 PM   #150
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

And this guy is producing a kids movie?
Old 03-18-2023, 11:33 PM   #151
Stu_Padasso
Foot Soldier

Seth Rogan reminders me a lot of Will Ferrell; in small doses as part of an ensemble cast like in Monsters vs. Aliens or Superbad he’s pretty entertaining in certain kinds of roles. In fact, he and Bill Hader were the only memorable characters in Superbad. But like Ferrell, the higher he is on the marquee the more obnoxious he is. The same goes for his work behind the scenes. The more pull he has in a creative role like in Sausage Party or Santa Inc. the worse the outcome. But he keeps getting production jobs. Why? Do the people in charge really believe that they know the audience wants better than what the audience knows? Are they not aware of the success of projects like The Last Ronin?

I know there are people that believe that this is just another iteration of the franchise that’s one of many that take place in the turtle multiverse, but as much as I would like to just ignore it, it doesn’t excuse producing crap that harms the brand as a whole. I just hope the IP survives and doesn’t affect the comics or prevent future movie projects, hopefully of a much mature nature.

Seriously, if Christopher Nolan can make a movie about a rich kid with Mommy and Daddy issues who runs around beating up criminals dressed up as a bat in a serious way, why not the ninja turtles? Hell, look at what Micheal Mann did as a producer for Hancock.
Stu_Padasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 10:49 AM   #152
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:

A lot of available "personality material" out there to judge that guy on and to build a cornerstone to not support his crappy TMNT movie. But not having kids I don't think is one of them.

I'm all for calling people on their BS but I have never been the guy who needed to gaslight or use add-on material to make a point. Rogen doesn't have kids - it feels like weaponizing that is a stretch-point that doesn't matter. There are a lot of reasons he might not have kids outside of whatever he publicly states.

But even so, don't pay for his woke $#!( movie and don't reward his thought-processes with money.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:56 AM   #153
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:

So what? I'm sure there are enough writers or other artists who have created something meaningful for children without ever actually having any themselves. Lewis Carroll immediately comes to mind, Maurice Sendak, Dr. Seuss...

Do you have any children? If not, why do you even care about this? It's a mainstream product clearly aimed at families.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 01:14 AM   #154
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
Do you have any children? If not, why do you even care about this? It's a mainstream product clearly aimed at families.
You’re absolutely right. A weed-addicted, egotistical psycho who has no kids of his own and laughs at people who get their stuff stolen is definitely the most qualified to produce a family-oriented movie, especially one that’s about a group of selfless crimefighters. What was I thinking?
Old 03-20-2023, 01:24 AM   #155
Barkworm
Super Moderator

You're just dodging my question.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 01:43 AM   #156
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
You're just dodging my question.
How about this then:

Who would you prefer to produce a kids movie: a guy who has no kids but is a decent human being who can teach children a thing or two about selflessness, courage, and family, or a guy who has no kids but does have a massive ego and will even mock victims of crime?

I mean, what does a guy like Seth have to offer the next generation? Toilet humor? Expensive drug products? Movies about produce having s*x with each other? And he brags about not being burdened with kids but thinks he’s qualified to make a kids’ movie? That’s like asking Marilyn Manson to produce a Christian movie.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 03-20-2023 at 02:05 AM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:31 AM   #157
AquaParade
Banned

Eh, all types of people are capable of making all types of entertainment. You don’t have to be a Christian guy to write a good Christmas story, etc.

You don’t have to have kids to write a decent story for kids. These are weird hang-ups.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:24 AM   #158
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
So what? I'm sure there are enough writers or other artists who have created something meaningful for children without ever actually having any themselves. Lewis Carroll immediately comes to mind, Maurice Sendak, Dr. Seuss...

Yeah... like I said immediately above you there as well - there is a lot of gas there already to fuel conversation about this movie. Rogen having kids or otherwise isn't part of the litmus test and shouldn't be.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:39 AM   #159
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Just saying, a close-up of Raph licking his sai is a clear indication that Seth doesn’t know what’s appropriate for kids.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:14 AM   #160
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Just saying, a close-up of Raph licking his sai is a clear indication that Seth doesn’t know what’s appropriate for kids.
Lol, I didn't read it in a sexual or inappropriate way at all. Pretty sure that's in the eye of the beholder.

I took that as an indication that Raph is a savage, dirty mutant who likes to get rough.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote