The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #41
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

Yeah its definitely not new, but I'd prefer it not be rehashed. Just feels a little funny to me. You see it in fan art quite a bit. One of the turtles making out with april...yuck! well, at least its not as bad as the fan art depicting brother turtle on brother turtle action, that s#!ts just nasty and its all over deviant art. Whats wrong with people?
Old 12-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #42
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticplayhouse View Post
Yeah its definitely not new, but I'd prefer it not be rehashed. Just feels a little funny to me. You see it in fan art quite a bit. One of the turtles making out with april...yuck!
See, reactions like this would make for great fictious racists in the comics if they ever played this scenario out.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #43
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

Of course if they did that, they'd become quite a target for moral guardians. However, TMNT has always been one thanks to the weapons.
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #44
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Honestly, it would be realistic to have a crush on (and even desire) April. She's attractive and is the only female hanging around them the whole time. The beastiality thing, IMO, doesn't even apply here because the real world has no animals that walk, talk and act and even look humanoid enough to be on the same level. Despite them being turtles, April treats them like family, and the Foot and such treat them as they would any other human enemy.

Should a relationship happen? Probably not... it would be too weird, and a Nick show is too kiddy for that kind of twilight romance jazz anyways... even Casey and April barely had any screen time in the 2K3 show because hey, it's an action packed show, not a soap opera.

It would be weird to see them with April, but they should at least be allowed to find her attractive. Minor love interests would be cool, but again, it's a childish show, so I don't see anything past a Leo/Lotus type relationship that is never allowed to actually flourish. Most cartoons have a pre-set staus quo that doesn't change.. which why I liked how Archie comics actually let Ninjara stay and live with the Turtles for a good while before she finally left.

I always find it funny how they usually try to find someone for Raph, probably the most antisocial one.. and as it showed with Ninjara, probably too angry and such to keep anyone. Mikey, being the most human of them, seemed better fitting for finding someone, or at least longing for something like that compared to his brothers.

On another level, poor Master Splinter. He was a human in the old show. He must have missed being able to go out with women before. He seemed to have completely lost himself and completely succumb to just being the sensei rat master....

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:57 AM   #45
TobTurn
Foot Soldier

I guess the difference this time is April's age. She's a teenager now, and the turtles kind of actually have a chance with her. (although I don't think many girls would be into mutated turtles). I don't mind them having a crush on her, it's just kinda weird because they're not the same species. As long as one of the turtles don't actually end up with her I'm fine with it.
TobTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:40 AM   #46
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Honestly, it would be realistic to have a crush on (and even desire) April. She's attractive and is the only female hanging around them the whole time. The beastiality thing, IMO, doesn't even apply here because the real world has no animals that walk, talk and act and even look humanoid enough to be on the same level.
lol, sorry dude but even if i saw a 5 foot female turtle/rat/cat/whatever walking and talking huminoid like, i still would NOT want to doink it.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:41 AM   #47
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

I agree with the people saying that it wouldn't really be 'beastiality' anymore for one of the Turtles to be with April. Honestly, I'd say if one of them were to be with an actual turtle would be beastiality more than them having a relationship with April. Yes, they may be a different species from April, but as they're all sentient, I'd say it's up to them - or would be if they were real and all. And it would be a pretty interesting plot point to see how the world would react in-story.

Not that I'm expecting the Nick show to take advantage of this idea.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:50 AM   #48
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobTurn View Post
I guess the difference this time is April's age. She's a teenager now, and the turtles kind of actually have a chance with her. (although I don't think many girls would be into mutated turtles). I don't mind them having a crush on her, it's just kinda weird because they're not the same species. As long as one of the turtles don't actually end up with her I'm fine with it.
This is what I was trying to say earlier. It's the age thing. I have no prob with them crushing on her, I find it cute, but with her as a teen...they may have a real chance with her and that sorta weirds me out.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:59 AM   #49
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

Well its a comic book so you can't really take it too serious and get real upset about it. I really don't think it's beastiality when they are sentinent walking talking turtles with souls. I'm not saying I want to see them rail April or anything like that. I'm just saying it's not as gross as its being made out to be. I don't see how its any different than a human in comics having a relationship with a humanoid extra terrestial. Example Charles Xavier and Lilandra from the Shi'ar Empire. Another example of a mutant-human relationship would be Ben Grimm with Alicia in Fantastic Four. Those are accepted by comic book fans with out much dispute, I really don't see how this is any different. Lilandra and Xavier are 2 different species, but no one gets all worked up about it. And Ben is a cosmic ray mutated man that looks much more freakish than a mutant turtle, yet he is able to have a relationship with a Alicia. Its the classic Beauty & the Beast scenario that even Disney tackled.

So I'm saying that it could be done tastefully and isn't totally unreasonable. I'm not a fan of the obscene fan art or turtle cest stuff at all. I don't want it to be graphic at all. But if Mikey has a crush on April I'm not going to be grossed out about it if they are "dating" or whatever. I think it would fall into the same categories as the examples I listed, so no big deal.

Last edited by Metropoliskid41; 12-28-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #50
Stingray69
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropoliskid41 View Post
Well its a comic book so you can't really take it too serious and get real upset about it. I really don't think it's beastiality when they are sentinent walking talking turtles with souls. I'm not saying I want to see them rail April or anything like that. I'm just saying it's not as gross as its being made out to be. I don't see how its any different than a human in comics having a relationship with a humanoid extra terrestial. Example Charles Xavier and Lilandra from the Shi'ar Empire. Another example of a mutant-human relationship would be Ben Grimm with Alicia in Fantastic Four. Those are accepted by comic book fans with out much dispute, I really don't see how this is any different. Lilandra and Xavier are 2 different species, but no one gets all worked up about it. And Ben is a cosmic ray mutated man that looks much more freakish than a mutant turtle, yet he is able to have a relationship with a Alicia. Its the classic Beauty & the Beast scenario that even Disney tackled.

Man those are all good points. The beauty and the beast analogy is probably the closest to the turtles/april. Really there more human then turtle. There body may be a little turtle but there brains are all human. And come on dont go saying no girls would find them attractive look how many people draw animal characters in a sexual way.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #51
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
lol, sorry dude but even if i saw a 5 foot female turtle/rat/cat/whatever walking and talking huminoid like, i still would NOT want to doink it.
The scary part is... that's not what all the poor misunderstood 'will never get laid otherwise' Twilight-obsessed fangirls would say....

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Probably the sanest thing posted in this thread so far.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #53
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I don't have a problem with an April/Don crush at all. Heck, I'm an avid Leo/Karai shipper from 2K3. I don't think it's wrong at all if handled correctly like it was in 2K3 with Don's little crush on April. It was also handled well in the movie, so it's no big deal.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:11 AM   #54
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The scary part is... that's not what all the poor misunderstood 'will never get laid otherwise' Twilight-obsessed fangirls would say....
For that matter I think there are a number of TMNT-obsessed fangirls who would doink them. Or at least wank while they doink each other...
Old 12-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #55
SherlockJr
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konchadunga View Post
For that matter I think there are a number of TMNT-obsessed fangirls who would doink them. Or at least wank while they doink each other...
Dear God-- my mind's eye!

SherlockJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #56
stormbringer
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockjr View Post
dear god-- my mind's eye!
bwahahaaaa!
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #57
gobo
Wacky Action

Dunno if I should lol or puke first...

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #58
SherlockJr
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Dunno if I should lol or puke first...
Just do both at once.

It's scary to think of fangirls (and fanboys) wanking off to Tcest art. I mean, I'm okay with yaoi... but incest? With giant mutant turtles?

Anyways, I don't think there should ever be a canon April x Turtle relationship, but something like Don having a crush on her is fine.

SherlockJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #59
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher

I want to see the humor that Don's crush on April will bring into play! Such as Donnie stuttering over his words like Porky Pig or just rambling on and on in a nervous fit.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #60
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

So long as that bit doesn't completely dominate his character. I thought it was just cringe-worthy how Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc. took Velma from being a smart character to being a whiny, immature fangirl to Shaggy.

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, nick