The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-29-2018, 03:23 AM   #1783
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

"Half an hour ago I was a white-haired Scotsman"

I think I'm going to like her.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:42 PM   #1784
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Series 11 Premiere was really Boring. Jodie is good as the doctor but the Companions are kinda dull
Old 10-07-2018, 02:31 PM   #1785
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I wish they hadn't killed off Grace, the only one of the group to actually have the energy to match The Doctor. A whole series with just those two would have been gold

Passable, and I enjoyed Jodie a lot. Last ten minutes needn't have been there.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:33 PM   #1786
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I wish they hadn't killed off Grace, the only one of the group to actually have the energy to match The Doctor. A whole series with just those two would have been gold

Passable, and I enjoyed Jodie a lot. Last ten minutes needn't have been there.
agreed I wish Grace hadn't been killed off she would have been a great Tardis Companion
Old 10-07-2018, 02:36 PM   #1787
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Coming soon trailer featuring Alan Cumming and many actors that virtually nobody's heard of

I'm just here for that awesome theme
Old 10-07-2018, 02:40 PM   #1788
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

glad they went back to the Classic theme
Old 10-07-2018, 02:58 PM   #1789
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, the undertones are there.

But, MAN, if there's not a single scrap of grandiose "ooo the Doctor is such a mysterious dark person who knows and does all the things and loving the Doctor is like loving a sunset and the Doctor is so aloof and important to the entire universe and you don't deserve to know the Doctor because you're a worm compared to him" bullsh*t, I'm going to be over the moon with delight.

The Doctor's less of a universal messiah and more of a heroic cryptid. Does what they need to do to make sure things are okay, then moves along into the shadows of night. Granted, the Time War may have changed that nature, but at least until 13, the Doctor at least tried to keep low.

No more edgy excess of rhymes! No more "what's the Doctor's name"! No more secret groups wanting to kill the Doctor/find his darkest secrets/grave! I don't know yet if there's going to be a season-long plot like in the Moffat years, but things have really chilled out.

Helluva cliffhanger oh my god!

UPDATE AS I'M WATCHING:

"There's no such thing as aliens"

Sir, the entirety of 2008-2010 was swamped by aliens or did you forget that??? The entire planet was stolen by and was swarming with Daleks! How do you forget? And Cybermen too! From another universe! I'm pretty sure everyone knows aliens exist now.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-07-2018 at 04:36 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:51 AM   #1790
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Sir, the entirety of 2008-2010 was swamped by aliens or did you forget that??? The entire planet was stolen by and was swarming with Daleks! How do you forget? And Cybermen too! From another universe! I'm pretty sure everyone knows aliens exist now.
That was explained in series five...the cracks in time erased memories.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:05 AM   #1791
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh, I thought that was for Amy specifically, since she had a great deal more slips in her own memory (her parents both being alive for instance).
Old 10-10-2018, 12:37 AM   #1792
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Coming soon trailer featuring Alan Cumming and many actors that virtually nobody's heard of
Lol - I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought maybe they were big in the UK or something.

The theme is helluva good. The first episode was pretty good, but a bit too twee for my taste. New team, but they were right in on the ground floor with silly, Willy Wonka technology and simplistic moralising. Did you know that only idiots carry knives? Take that fishermen!
Old 10-10-2018, 12:46 AM   #1793
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
Lol - I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought maybe they were big in the UK or something.
They are..if you watch soaps like Coronation Street and Casualty like all the mums do
Old 10-14-2018, 09:36 PM   #1794
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Another boring Doctor Who episode now with handkerchief monsters
Old 10-14-2018, 11:08 PM   #1795
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

This is the first Who series I've watched as it's aired, and I like it so far.

Picked up series 8 and 9, along with "Twice Upon a Time" on sale at Best Buy.

All I've seen besides Whittaker is some bits of Capaldi and Eccleston, but I'm starting to understand why people love this series and universe as much as they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:09 PM   #1796
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
While I haven't seen the episode yet...this has actually made me a little surprised DW hasn't had such a "monster" yet .
Old 10-15-2018, 12:17 PM   #1797
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Ratings are down a million from last week too, though it still retains a healthy 7.11 percentage, and that's not including consolidations through catch up, just shows people want simpler episodes rather than Moffat's convoluted narratives (which I liked)
Old 10-18-2018, 10:39 PM   #1798
The Green Ranger
Thug

Thought I'd chime in here. I think Jodie has done a great job so far! I really love them building the anticipation of the TARDIS, it makes it so much better when it makes it's grand entrance in episode 2. Jodie has really hooked me already. Graham is definitely my favorite companion so far.

Sorry that people are describing episodes as "boring." Not every show has to have beginning to end action in your face the whole time. It's just the first two episodes. They're trying to establish characters here, not be an 80s action movie. 13's wonder and insatiable need to solve the mystery was awesome to me, as was her funny naming of the enemy in ep 1. Just give it a chance instead of complaining so much guys.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:56 PM   #1799
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green Ranger View Post
Thought I'd chime in here. I think Jodie has done a great job so far! I really love them building the anticipation of the TARDIS, it makes it so much better when it makes it's grand entrance in episode 2. Jodie has really hooked me already. Graham is definitely my favorite companion so far.

Sorry that people are describing episodes as "boring." Not every show has to have beginning to end action in your face the whole time. It's just the first two episodes. They're trying to establish characters here, not be an 80s action movie. 13's wonder and insatiable need to solve the mystery was awesome to me, as was her funny naming of the enemy in ep 1. Just give it a chance instead of complaining so much guys.
I am "giving it a chance" but its still boring. Seriously I hated Capaldi's last season but that was more interesting than Jodie's so far. The other new who doctors didn't have balls to the walls action all the time yet their episodes were interesting.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 10-18-2018 at 11:16 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doctor cuck, doctor karen, progress, rtd2, toxic masculinity