The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 08-19-2021, 11:49 AM   #61
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Lack of belief isn't passed through genetics, so that doesn't even matter.
Not through genetics, but through family teaching. I've noticed you say "it doesn't even matter" for a lot of things too, just an observation of mine.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 12:02 PM   #62
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sure, family teaching, but you think that sticks forever? Not to stress out theists or anything... Probably all non-theists come from families who used to follow a religion at one time, whether they are the first to quit it or not.

I'm not the first. Why did mine walk away from it? Dunno. Mom's side was Presbyterian, at least via my Grandmother's line out of Scotland. My grandparents never once spoke of religion, deities, or the like. No crosses or other religious tokens displayed anywhere. They were originally from Kansas, and family from other parts of the Midwest before them. The bible belt of all places. How or why they gave up religion is unknown. I think family were probably going through the motions of it for a while, keeping up on what was socially expected, until just giving it up.

Dad's side is a split between those who believe none of it and those who believe all of it. Not quite sure how that happened. We avoid that topic.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 12:09 PM   #63
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Sure, family teaching, but you think that sticks forever?
Good question.

Obviously depends on a multitude of factors, with one having influenced your family towards non-belief being the fact that at its very core, the United States is fundamentally atheistic with "Congress shall pass no law respecting the establishment of religion". The society you come from does not respect religion as an establishment, so religion's influence on American society has declined considerably with time, with many things being legal today that were unthinkable in the past.

The United States isn't just going to keep its ideology of "freedom from state religion" to itself though, it always tries to spread it to other countries. Hence, the mass bombing campaigns of the Middle East, invasions, economic sanctions of countries that do not agree with its ideology etc.

But the United States will ultimately fail in its quest to wipe out state religions, Islam specifically. No amount of air raids and invasions were able to wipe out the Taliban in 20 years, and they are only a tiny portion of the Muslim world.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 08-19-2021 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-19-2021, 03:30 PM   #64
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Well atheists have terrible birthrates so I doubt it.
And not atheists multiply like rabbits, which negatively impacts quality of life in those countries, turning them into terrorist shitholes. Or just shitholes.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 04:16 PM   #65
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
well they know Trump kills terrorists, took down ISIS, killed ISIS leader solemeini, so yeah they probably would of thought twice about taking over Afghanistan if Trump was still President. biden on the other hand armed them, our woke antitrump military sissified the Afghan military and they were easily taken over by taliban. terrorists were afraid of Trump, they laugh at biden, the whole world is laughing now.

biden is a laughingstock

I call on Joe Biden to resign in disgrace!
It's perfectly fine to not like Joe Biden. He was far from many peoples perfect choice on the left so it's not like a huge dunk to point out he isn't perfect. This kind of living in bizarro world were the fat sack of custard that was Trump was respected on the global stage though is ridiculous. The level of disillusion among Trump supporters is so extreme they've even turned on institutions that they used to doggedly support. They disagreed with him on many things and didn't launch a coup to keep him in power so the US military is now 'woke'. Police Officers that were caught up in the capital riots and testifying that it was MAGAs are now traitors, blue lives no longer matter I guess.

I highly doubt any terrorist organisation feared Trump, it was in 2018 that he greatly strengthened the Taliban by negotiating the release of 5000 of the Taliban prisoners from Pakistan including their leader. Trump was their greatest gift in a long time. Trump's motivation for doing so was to delay any kind of invasion of Afghanistan. Best case scenario is that it put it off until his second term were it wouldn't harm his re-election chances and worst case scenario it shifts the problem to whoever succeeded him as president which is what ended up happening. That doesn't sound like someone tough on terrorism.

And just like every other president turned a blind eye to Saudi Arabia being the country most guilty of being a terrorist breeding ground. His bigoted Muslim ban was supposed to be justified as an attempt to curb radical Islamic terrorism but he wouldn't ban the worst offenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
And if you think why Putin acts so bold with his tyranny, well, the same reason: Biden is nobody to him.
As opposed to having a stooge in Trump.

Last edited by Galactus; 08-19-2021 at 04:23 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 05:08 PM   #66
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
But the United States will ultimately fail in its quest to wipe out state religions, Islam specifically. No amount of air raids and invasions were able to wipe out the Taliban in 20 years, and they are only a tiny portion of the Muslim world.
They failed because of very tangible reason, which has nothing to do with religion: support of Taliban by the Pakistan, who wants to use Afghanistan as a base for flexing their power around the Central Asia and former Soviet republics.

If you seriously believe that Pakistan or any other theocratic state motivated by religion and their leaders seriously observe their own rules - you are incredibly naïve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
As opposed to having a stooge in Trump.
Proves, links, my dear?
Or you still have only hearsay ordered by DemocRATic party based on tales of ex-Russian officer?

And just to remind you, Trump didn't hesitate to gave order to kill Russian PMC in Syria. Neither he hesitated to implement harsher sanctions against Russia. I agree, that he could and should have done much more, but it seems, despite all his posturing about American Supremacy he was not a complete war hawk, which is sad, since West could use more people like that now.

Last edited by Sumac; 08-20-2021 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-19-2021, 05:35 PM   #67
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
They failed because of very tangible reason, which has nothing to do with religion: support of Taliban by the Pakistan, who wants to use Afghanistan as a base for flexing their power around the Central Asia and former Soviet republics.
I'm not discounting material aid, but religion does play a role. It has provided the Taliban with morale, so everytime the West bombs them and kills hundreds of their fighters, they become even more determined and fanatical.

Compare this to the Afghan "government" army. More ground troops than the Taliban, more advanced weaponry and an airforce, yet they capitulated so easily.

Quote:
If you seriously believe that Pakistan or any other theocratic state motivated by religion and their leaders seriously observe their own rules - you are incredibly naïve.
They don't observe their own rules well enough, and many of these leaders are political opportunists who don't really have any true loyalty to Islam.

Quote:
And not atheists multiply like rabbits, which negatively impacts quality of life in those countries, turning them into terrorist sh*tholes. Or just sh*tholes.
People from these same countries are now taking over Europe lol. No military invasion needed, they will simply be welcomed with open arms because the Europeans can't rely on their own people to sustain themselves.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 08-19-2021 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-19-2021, 07:47 PM   #68
Banned

man this is getting stupid

so we’ve got a skinhead threatening to bomb the capitol just when joe biden needs to switch the narrative... false flag much?

i guess white supremacy is the biggest threat to America and not the taliban terrorists and thousands of Afghan “refugees” being brought in, or the southern border crisis, or somali terrorists like ilhan omar being installed in congress.

never forget joe biden was installed behind 15 foot fences and 15,000 troops, as a result of another false flag operation: “the deadly white supremacist maga insurrection of the capitol”

“worse than 9/11” -cnn
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 08:34 PM   #69
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

What reality do you live in where Biden, who wasn't in power yet and had no say, is a bad guy for having to be inaugurated behind fences and security because a ton of people stormed the capitol, violently attacked the police there, and were upfront about wanting to kill Pence.

I don't care who someone voted for, there is nothing unreasonable about securing our nation's vital (and historical) buildings when they are targeted like that.

False flag nothing, that notion conflicts with the fact that it's congressmen on your side of the political divide who are trying to pretend it was no big deal. If it wasn't committed by people on your side and it was bad guys on the left, then they'd undoubtedly want the investigation by the House... but they didn't want it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-19-2021 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:39 PM   #70
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
If it wasn't committed by people on your side and it was bad guys on the left, then they'd undoubtedly want the investigation by the House... but they didn't want it.
So you don't mean like the multiple BLM rio -- er, peaceful protesters on the left that ransacked and burned, like, many capitol buildings over the course of a whole year that was never considered a big deal and always just shrugged off as outliers? Oh, but the ONE TIME ever the "right" does anything even 1% as big, and has a few guys that are let into a capitol building and take a few selfies... that's totally different? Gtfo here.

And everyone knows what the "investigation" will be. It won't be an investigation at all because there's nothing left to investigate (and what there IS worth investigating, the left will doubtlessly leave those stones unturned). What it will be is just be the left drawing out January 9th or whatever until the next election cycle (or longer, they hope), to keep that in the public eye as long as possible. Because without Trump and without that... they really don't have any sort of platform at all.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 08:41 AM   #71
IMJ
Emperor

You aren't going to be able to rationalize anything to that girl and have it matter. She's galvanized and completely convinced that her dug in position is correct regardless of how this plays out or even regardless of hindsight.

It's like the typical "angry office coworker" who is a woman. She's dug in forever in her spite combined with lack of mental calculus and there you have it.

It's like the difference between people who understand that an "argument" is made by solid points and experience whereas other people who learned somewhere that word-slinging and "immediate shutdown tactics" are arguing. That's Indigo - argument of spite and empty value. Argue for the sake of argue. "Your side, my side, bla bla bla" all from a nothing-burger fool. Even the anti-vaxxers here have more than she does, even when they are outright wrong.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 10:15 AM   #72
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I'm not discounting material aid, but religion does play a role. It has provided the Taliban with morale, so everytime the West bombs them and kills hundreds of their fighters, they become even more determined and fanatical.

Compare this to the Afghan "government" army. More ground troops than the Taliban, more advanced weaponry and an airforce, yet they capitulated so easily.
True, however, you can replace Islam with any other religion or ideology, which winds up people to 11 and the result will be the same.

Also, fanaticism and readiness to die for the fictional deities is not a sign of a healthy, rational or sound mind.

Quote:
People from these same countries are now taking over Europe lol. No military invasion needed, they will simply be welcomed with open arms because the Europeans can't rely on their own people to sustain themselves.
It happens less, because, locals can't sustain themselves, but more, because, bureaucrats in places need obedient dumb crowd, which will vote for them no matter what.

By their very status immigrants are "owned" by those bureaucrats, who gave them shelter and money, so they will vote (or riot, when necessary) on behalf of those bureaucrats (elites).

This situation is not really that different from so called "religious leaders" of Taliban using their fanatics as cannon fodder in their wars. Its just more "civilized", but the result is the same..
Old 08-20-2021, 11:33 AM   #73
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
True, however, you can replace Islam with any other religion or ideology, which winds up people to 11 and the result will be the same.

Also, fanaticism and readiness to die for the fictional deities is not a sign of a healthy, rational or sound mind.
Guess we have at least one perspective on something in common after all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an anti-theist and don't have an issue with people holding onto their religions and/or chosen beliefs... IF they aren't using it to harm other people. But unfortunately it's too tempting for the wingnuts of the world to use religion to feel justified in doing so. It's also clearly too tempting and easy for theists to dismiss them and just wash their hands of those people as not a "true" whatever and not really one of their own and dismiss any need to do anything.

If missionaries can be eager to go out and try to convince people to join their religion, why aren't there those who actively work to reach out to and reign in those people who have taken it in a bad direction?? Try to reclaim people away from the Taliban (or extremist groups of other religions) and try to get them back on a better path? Not everyone could be "saved" but surely there are some, esp young people who got caught up in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So you don't mean like the multiple BLM rio -- er, peaceful protesters on the left that ransacked and burned, like, many capitol buildings over the course of a whole year that was never considered a big deal and always just shrugged off as outliers? Oh, but the ONE TIME ever the "right" does anything even 1% as big, and has a few guys that are let into a capitol building and take a few selfies... that's totally different? Gtfo here.

And everyone knows what the "investigation" will be. It won't be an investigation at all because there's nothing left to investigate (and what there IS worth investigating, the left will doubtlessly leave those stones unturned). What it will be is just be the left drawing out January 9th or whatever until the next election cycle (or longer, they hope), to keep that in the public eye as long as possible. Because without Trump and without that... they really don't have any sort of platform at all.
So deflect away to other events and pretend that people bashing in windows and attacking police is equivalent to being let in to take selfies?

Please go on and show me where I've ever supported ANY government buildings being attacked by anyone in this nation anywhere. I'll wait. Because I haven't. (Or is it easier to yell "lib!" and run down a list of generalize assumptions your fave media outlets told you about liberals.) It is, and I'm pretty sure I've said it in the past, unacceptable and criminal no matter who is doing it. Though those states are not my own, but the nation's Capitol building impacts all of us, so pardon me for having an opinion on it.

Here's are a few pics of tour groups and the public visiting on a typical day. People let in to be shown around and take some selfies and other photos.

Spoiler:

Here's a few photos of what is NOT a normal visit by the public. Not a tour group. Not "let" in. Not just a few guys. Not just taking selfies.

Spoiler:

Plenty more worth sharing, including the noose set up for Pence, but only so many images allowed in a post.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:42 PM   #74
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
You aren't going to be able to rationalize anything to that girl and have it matter. She's galvanized and completely convinced that her dug in position is correct regardless of how this plays out or even regardless of hindsight.

It's like the typical "angry office coworker" who is a woman. She's dug in forever in her spite combined with lack of mental calculus and there you have it.

It's like the difference between people who understand that an "argument" is made by solid points and experience whereas other people who learned somewhere that word-slinging and "immediate shutdown tactics" are arguing. That's Indigo - argument of spite and empty value. Argue for the sake of argue. "Your side, my side, bla bla bla" all from a nothing-burger fool. Even the anti-vaxxers here have more than she does, even when they are outright wrong.
I would like to hear a full analysis of me
Old 08-20-2021, 02:03 PM   #75
Banned

Quote:
So deflect away to other events and pretend that people bashing in windows and attacking police is equivalent to being let in to take selfies?

Please go on and show me where I've ever supported ANY government buildings being attacked by anyone in this nation anywhere. I'll wait. Because I haven't. (Or is it easier to yell "lib!" and run down a list of generalize assumptions your fave media outlets told you about liberals.) It is, and I'm pretty sure I've said it in the past, unacceptable and criminal no matter who is doing it. Though those states are not my own, but the nation's Capitol building impacts all of us, so pardon me for having an opinion on it.

Here's are a few pics of tour groups and the public visiting on a typical day. People let in to be shown around and take some selfies and other photos.

Here's a few photos of what is NOT a normal visit by the public. Not a tour group. Not "let" in. Not just a few guys. Not just taking selfies.

DEBUNKED

again, Jan 6 was a false flag operation

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...t-massive-lie/
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 03:15 PM   #76
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So Republicans in the House, whose lives were in danger that day, support the investigation in order to hold those false flag insurrectionists accountable as they rightly should be?

Wait. No, I'm wrong. It's only Cheney and Kinzinger who support it... The others reject it and don't care to investigate the facts, don't want anyone held accountable, as if they know it wasn't a false flag. Because if it really was, why wouldn't they want accountability and kick those people's asses for it.

edit: Thing I don't get is why cons/repubs who were not involved defend it or come up with (or repeat) false excuses. Why not just let those nuts be some other #NotAll bunch that everyone else condemns as just the more extreme side that went too far, while most would never do such a thing.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-20-2021 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:26 PM   #77
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I would like to hear a full analysis of me
Whatever your opinions are, you don't clearly wear a "psychosis badge" in your posting patterns. And so, in the absence of insanity or outright offensive incompetence, I'm disinclined to have any analysis about you.

Bull$#!tters, manipulators and low-self-esteemers always have their hair raise on their backs when I'm around. I'm a living trigger for $#!(bag people. It's been that way my entire life. The honest-to-God litmus test for if you're a $#!( bag person is whether or not you bug up simply by my entering a room or if you can maintain some sense of normalcy. Been that way my entire life whether simply by walking into a room physically or once people become aware of how I treat information. The weak links bug the f up like the world is ending and the people of deeper thought tend to rally around me. I'm like a natural trigger for psychosis - positive or negative.

The irony? Those patterns are less about me and actually more about others.

Quote:
DEBUNKED

again, Jan 6 was a false flag operation

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...t-massive-lie/
I don't know if that qualifies for a false flag, but anyone with a brain knows the left was piling on with that crap. That's what the worst of people always do. They deeper they are out to get someone the more they will confirm any action they can against that person, and they count on the lower "peasant haters" to exacerbate the agenda. It's one of the lowest points of integrity and the deepest of human evils in my opinion.

Last edited by IMJ; 08-20-2021 at 03:32 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 11:48 PM   #78
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The January 6th thing wasn't a false flag but a report came out with the FBI saying that Trump had nothing to do with it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-report-2021-8

Besides, why are we talking about January 6th when it's irrelevant to this?

Last Movie Watched: The Bridge Curse (2020).
Last TV Show Watched: Resident Evil (S1:E2).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 12:20 AM   #79
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Besides, why are we talking about January 6th when it's irrelevant to this?
Quote:
so we’ve got a skinhead threatening to bomb the capitol just when joe biden needs to switch the narrative... false flag much?

i guess white supremacy is the biggest threat to America and not the taliban terrorists and thousands of Afghan “refugees” being brought in, or the southern border crisis, or somali terrorists like ilhan omar being installed in congress.

never forget joe biden was installed behind 15 foot fences and 15,000 troops, as a result of another false flag operation: “the deadly white supremacist maga insurrection of the capitol”

“worse than 9/11” -cnn

And admit it can be too tempting to go with it...

Old 08-26-2021, 01:45 PM   #80
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

More wonderful stuff in Afghanistan.

https://twitter.com/johncardillo/sta...es-evacuations

Pallets of hundred dollar bill bribe money for the Taliban and tons of our weapons. Pelosi is blocking impeachment of Biden over this but was happy to impeach Trump over a phone call she didn't like.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote