The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-28-2021, 01:38 PM   #321
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Every single bit of "news" about "The Flash movie is going to reboot the DCEU and explain why Ben Affleck won't be Batman anymore!" doesn't seem founded in anything beyond the articles' writers' personal wishes or "Wouldn't it be cool if..." mentality.

Is Keaton in it? Apparently, or at least they've given him a script and an offer. Fact. Is Affleck in it? Yeah, sounds like that's a done deal. Apparently Affleck's Batman will be like a friendly face for Barry, as they share parental wrongful death stuff (there's interviews to this end). But this is about all we know. Beyond that Iris is in it played by the same actress from Justice League and Barry's dad is in it but is not played by the same actor. Every single other shred of anything else is made up and probably FAKE.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:11 PM   #323
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Michael Keaton is now officially a part of the film despite reports saying that his involvement was uncertain.

https://www.thewrap.com/michael-keat...man-the-flash/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:02 PM   #324
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Michael Keaton is now officially a part of the film despite reports saying that his involvement was uncertain.

https://www.thewrap.com/michael-keat...man-the-flash/
Hell ya I can't wait to see him again
Old 04-19-2021, 05:28 PM   #325
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Hell ya I can't wait to see him again
Me too. I'm totally on board with that.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:05 PM   #326
Leo656
The Franchise

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:31 PM   #327
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"It's an obviously cheap gimmick they can pull out of a hat and it's fairly transparent."

"I'm excited to see Michael Keaton suit up again as Batman."

Both of these statements can be true, I think.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:21 AM   #328
AquaParade
Banned

Yup. The execution will sway us one way or another.

I'm excited for this movie. I think WB has an exciting slate lined up: Batman, Black Adam, The Flash....Now, please announce Joker 2 and you'll have a straight fire slate that even the almighty MCU will have to take notice of.

Just keep Ray Fisher out of this. Dude owes me 10 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Don't you watch wrestling?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:10 AM   #329
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
"It's an obviously cheap gimmick they can pull out of a hat and it's fairly transparent."

"I'm excited to see Michael Keaton suit up again as Batman."

Both of these statements can be true, I think.
Well said. Perfect. Most people can't even rationalize disparate thoughts like that together on their own, it seems.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:12 PM   #330
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I wonder if we will see Keaton without the suit. I liked him as Batman but I liked him even more as Bruce Wayne.
I also wonder about how they will explain the Keaton's Batman universe. Is that alternate universe created by Flash's time travelling or was it always there and Flash is only accessing it somehow?

Last edited by frank_one; 04-21-2021 at 08:42 AM.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:32 PM   #331
Leo656
The Franchise

Curiosity with a touch of enthusiasm is one thing. I just fail to see what's so "exciting" about a 70-year old bald guy in a rubber Batman costume. I'm not that easy of a lay. Nostalgia in and of itself usually isn't enough to make me "excited" about something. Frankly, everything about this movie sounds bad, to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Don't you watch wrestling?
I get paid to wrestle. Which is different.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:42 AM   #332
AquaParade
Banned

Ray Fisher is out there saying that if Walter Hamada apologizes for interfering in the investigation, he might come back.
The dude clearly wants to be in the movie.

I have no words. Only laughter.

I mean, does he really want to enable Hamada further by promoting the Flash movie and starring in it? Choose a side, Ray.
First he refuses to be involved if Walter is, then he will be involved if Walter apologizes.
A>E but he has nothing to say about Ezra Miller assaulting a fan and is willing to play ball with a “dangerous enabler” like Hamada.... as long as he personally apologizes to Ray. Would that apology wipe away all the “danger” Hamada brings to Hollywood? Of course not, which implies this is a personal issue for Ray, not some A>E bs.

Lastly, the guy was fine going years without calling out Whedon. Instead, he praised him on the press tour. If you’re going to preach “A>E” then you need to prove you can live by it first. You promoted JL 2017. No one had a gun to your head. Having it in your contract isn’t enough to negate the industry-wide push of “A>E” he is attempting to make. You witnessed all these "horrible, racist, abusive" acts happening to crew members and then went out there, smiled, praised, and promoted. Excuse me for questioning your cred.

I’m beating this dead horse until Fisher shuts up about it. I don’t feel the need to shut up when he is still out there calling people racist publicly, in a way that doesn’t hold water. I’ll make it an issue as long as he does. If you don’t like that, I don’t care. To me, it’s more relevant and interesting than any other conversation surrounding this movie.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:54 AM   #333
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Ray Fisher is out there saying that if Walter Hamada apologizes for interfering in the investigation, he might come back.
The dude clearly wants to be in the movie.

I have no words. Only laughter.
This guy and his BS represents everything that is going on right now. We are living in his world, according to Ray Fisher.
As if he is doing the studio a favor by saying this. As if the studio is in service to Ray Fisher, and as if it should be in service to him.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:27 AM   #335
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Probably," is what I understand. It isn't where they shot 89 or Returns but it almost undoubtedly is Keaton Wayne Manor. Or maybe Barry has to mingle at some socialite thing and it all turns out to be nothing.

What I find most interesting is Keaton's answers to questions. And he's being a good showman about things. But it's beyond ridiculous to think that at this point in his career and what's been offered to him in the past 10 or 15 years... he wouldn't immediately vault at the chance to reprise Batman. Particularly in something where he probably doesn't have to carry really any weight as such. Because it's like the perfect deal. "Hey, you're like 70 and you're really best known for one thing... how would you like to come on set for like 4 days and completely cement that in a minor role? Probably for the same amount of money as you got paid for either Batman 1 or 2?"

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 05-01-2021 at 04:34 AM.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:57 PM   #336
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Edinburgh to become Gotham City as Affleck and Keaton due to start shooting shortly, according to this report, both will film 'flashbacks' with their characters

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/best...y-new-20562340

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 05-10-2021 at 01:11 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 11:50 PM   #337
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I’m just noticing this crossover is actually happening. That’s really cool. I had seen something about it awhile back.

I’m not as into Batman as other things (don’t follow the Flash but I know what it is) and I don’t think 89 or Returns are very good but it’s still interesting to revisit.

It’s partly based on a comic crossover right? That’s what I read. I don’t see how that’s a Keaton gimmick if they’re doing a multiverse thing.

I liked the portrayal of the Tim Burton movies but I don’t think the actual movies were that good. Still love that Batmobile though. Hope they use it again.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:05 AM   #338
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
It’s partly based on a comic crossover right?
Yeah, Flashpoint, basically a power Flash uses to alter/reboot the DC timeline whenever it goes wrong. It's been used in the animated movies, live television series and most recently the Snyder cut. It was responsible also for the infamous New 52 relaunch ten years ago that DC is still trying to recover from a decade on from.

Quote:
Still love that Batmobile though. Hope they use it again.
i think they teased that they were using that Batmobile a couple of weeks ago.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:40 AM   #339
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Oh, ok I understand. Thanks. Just looked up the Batmobile teaser too.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:33 AM   #340
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If they've gone to all the trouble of getting Keaton as Batman back... of course they're going to feature the classic batmobile. Like maybe Batman is using a newer one now, but they'll still utilize the classic one for sure.