The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-06-2024, 09:26 AM   #81
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Bullseye's Costume

Old 02-06-2024, 09:47 AM   #82
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post

Is the target symbol really too much to ask for?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 10:46 AM   #83
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, that's disappointing. That's, like, exactly what you'd expect out of Netflix previously. A non-costume.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 10:52 AM   #84
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

We don’t even know if this is the final version of the suit. If it is, he could rip off the mask and have the logo carved into his face or something for all we know. Guy is nuts.

I’d like to see the classic suit pulled off for sure but I’m not yet confident it would even work in this show. I’m going to wait before judging the look, because that’s the least of my worries when it comes to a Disney-Marvel product right now.
BornAgain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 10:54 AM   #85
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Daredevil's new suit for Born Again

Old 02-06-2024, 11:07 AM   #86
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgain View Post
We don’t even know if this is the final version of the suit.
If he's only in it for 3 episodes then I doubt there's going to be wardrobe changes for him.

Quote:
If it is, he could rip off the mask and have the logo carved into his face or something for all we know.
Like the Colin Farrell Bullseye from the 2003 movie? They definitely are not doing that.

You know, just a little bullseye on the forehead was all that was needed. If they didn't want it printed on the material then like an embossed metal pin or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Daredevil's new suit for Born Again

https://i.imgur.com/Apnnb3i.jpeg
So... same Netflix suit, but "poppier" coloring with what looks like micro shading? And still no "DD" on the suit, unless you count the belt buckles.

LOTS of pics here:

https://www.justjared.com/2024/02/06...ight-sequence/

Wow, if that doesn't look like Daredevil Season 4, I don't know what does. Also, I don't think we'll see a HUGE bit of Daredevil vs. Bullseye in this. If this is really picking up from the end of season 3, surely Bullseye would have it way more out for Mayor Fisk and his cohorts, no? If anything, it'd just be Daredevil trying to get in his way.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 02-06-2024 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-06-2024, 11:50 AM   #87
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

I feel like a more visceral scar across the entire face is what they’d go for. Something that’s hard to look at rather than something than makes you chuckle and cringe at the same time.

Just a guess though. Don’t get me wrong, I love the classic Bullseye suit. It doesn’t make much sense but I love the sleek ninja aesthetic. It’s simple but effective. I tend to leave some room for translation when it comes to grounded adaptations.

That said I did assume he’d end up with the Daredevil suit he wore in season 3 and could have converted that into something more comic-like for himself.
Old 02-06-2024, 03:47 PM   #88
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Here is a crazy idea, what if Dex takes on the Sin Eater storyline as it is already being inspired by not being direct in adaptations anyway. It could bring investigative journalism mystery to his return and Karen encounters the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Eddie Brock and a teaser of Spider-Man. Okay, I know it won't go that way, but it would be great if it did.
Old 02-08-2024, 06:51 AM   #89
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

Yeah you could pretty easily make that a great Daredevil story and I doubt we’ll see it used in a Spider-Man film. Cool idea.
Old 02-09-2024, 12:45 AM   #90
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Bullseye looks like a GI Joe.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 05:45 PM   #91
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why does it seem like this is low budget?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 05:49 PM   #92
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why does it seem like this is low budget?
It might be a bit that. But Netflix, THAT was low budget. This might just end up being somewhat less than what was originally planned, since they're shooting a lot of things twice. And stuff like Bullseye's costume... well... they didn't even know Bullseye was going to be in it until Feige fired everybody and had most of it rewritten and reshot.

It really makes you wonder what the original take on Born Again would have been, had there been no strike and production just rolled on through. Seems like possibly a... much lighter-toned courtroom procedural (probably not as jokey or 4th wall as She-Hulk but something approaching that), with a B story of Kingpin as mayor and like one fight as Daredevil at the end of the season?
Old 02-10-2024, 05:10 PM   #93
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Apparently Bernthal may have bailed out before the overhaul:

https://comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel...gs.e276.4uj41y
Old 02-11-2024, 05:45 AM   #94
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

Feige was quite at odds with the MCU television division so it must sort of sting to have to lean into their way of doing things in order to save your dying brand. From actors to fans, it seems no one was eating the bs. You could even hear the trepidation from Cox and D’onofrio.

Though to be fair, it’s still Feige who is responsible for the overall success of the MCU obviously.
Old 02-13-2024, 12:29 AM   #95
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Bullseye looks like a GI Joe.
I was just about to post he looks like Firefly or Beachhead.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 12:41 AM   #96
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgain View Post
Feige was quite at odds with the MCU television division so it must sort of sting to have to lean into their way of doing things in order to save your dying brand. From actors to fans, it seems no one was eating the bs. You could even hear the trepidation from Cox and D’onofrio.

Though to be fair, it’s still Feige who is responsible for the overall success of the MCU obviously.
Well, it's super complicated. Like most things, the Marvel TV brand STARTED great. Agents of SHIELD seasons 1 through about... 4, to be charitable. AWESOME! 1-3, objectively awesome. And the people who say otherwise are largely people who didn't want to watch and feel angry that people found great enjoyment in that. But as things went on, whether it's Agents of SHIELD seasons 5+ or the later seasons of the Netflix stuff... there is an overriding feeling that these are people taking over that are embarassed about these things being comic book properties. They hate the costumes, they hate the superpowers. These are the WRONG people to put in charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW View Post
I was just about to post he looks like Firefly or Beachhead.
I'm not a fan of what I've seen recently. But you know what? Until a week ago or so, we had no reason to even expect there'd be so much as a remote continuation of the last season of Daredevil. So I'm on board.
Old 02-19-2024, 02:01 PM   #97
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Punisher seen on set:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/set-pho...-in-daredevil/
Old 04-03-2024, 09:13 AM   #98
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Spoiler:

Old 04-03-2024, 09:53 AM   #99
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Great. And I say something about Jessica Jones on set and in costume? Or was that fake?
Old 04-03-2024, 10:08 AM   #100
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Great. And I say something about Jessica Jones on set and in costume? Or was that fake?
nope Jessica Jones was an April fool's day joke from the Daredevil Updates twitter account