The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-29-2024, 03:49 PM   #81
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So it IS the Kingdom Come symbol -- the rumors were correct. I guess we can expect trunks then.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 03:22 PM   #82
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Wendell Pierce is Perry White

Quote:
Great Caesar’s Ghost, Perry White has been found.

Wendell Pierce, perhaps best known for his work as a detective on HBO’s seminal crime series The Wire, has been cast as the iconic editor-in-chief of the Daily Planet in James Gunn’s Superman.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...te-1235840790/
Old 03-01-2024, 03:57 PM   #83
CyberCubed
Overlord

Two Perry Black white's in a row after Laurence Fishburne? I guess it's better than Jimmy Olsen at least.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 04:41 PM   #84
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's true. Once you race-swap to black once, there's no going back. Look at April.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:16 PM   #85
Xav
Foot Elite

Not true. Jimmy Olson was black in the Supergirl series and he's white again. Or look at Johnny Storm he was black in the last FF4 film and white in the new one. Also April is white again in Fortnite.

Last edited by Xav; 03-03-2024 at 01:25 PM.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 10:55 AM   #86
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

* Guy is decently buff. Not a beast. And he may be going light on "leg day." He's sort of right in the middle between the Routh and Cavill physiques.

* Don't care for the return of the underwear. Others and Bryan Singer will probably love it for some reason.

* Don't care for the Kingdom Come symbol. Why here? Why now? It's like putting a contemporary Batman in bright warm colors but giving him the Dark Knight Returns symbol.

* I like that the wrist cuffs are normal. Nothing is jutting out to where it wouldn't work wearing under his Clark Kent clothes, which the Snyder suit didn't seem to care about.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-02-2024 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-02-2024, 11:46 AM   #87
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
https://i.ibb.co/zV7M2b5/FB-IMG-1709400654392.jpg

* Guy is decently buff. Not a beast. And he may be going light on "leg day." He's sort of right in the middle between the Routh and Cavill physiques.

* Don't care for the return of the underwear. Others and Bryan Singer will probably love it for some reason.

* Don't care for the Kingdom Come symbol. Why here? Why now? It's like putting a contemporary Batman in bright warm colors but giving him the Dark Knight Returns symbol.

* I like that the wrist cuffs are normal. Nothing is jutting out to where it wouldn't work wearing under his Clark Kent clothes, which the Snyder suit didn't seem to care about.
That pic is a FAKE. it was debunked by James Gunn

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 03-02-2024 at 11:53 AM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 11:57 AM   #88
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
That pic is a FAKE. it was debunked by James Gunn

https://i.imgur.com/tEgzHVC.jpeg
Damn, really? It had me going.
Old 04-16-2024, 08:40 PM   #89
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

We have our Pa Kent and this one hopefully won't tell Clark to let a bunch of kids die maybe.

Pa Kent will be played by Pruitt Taylor Vince

https://deadline.com/2024/04/superma...ce-1235887615/

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 04-16-2024 at 08:46 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 03:03 PM   #90
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 04-17-2024, 03:46 PM   #91
CyberCubed
Overlord

At least they're both white. I was getting worried for awhile with Perry White being Perry Black.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 10:31 AM   #92
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Official look at the Superman suit

Old 05-06-2024, 10:39 AM   #93
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Too thick, too baggy, and I hate the collar.
Old 05-06-2024, 11:22 AM   #94
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I don 't think it'll be 'edgy' but the pose gives me a hint it'll be a touchy feely 'everyman' deconstruction
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 11:42 AM   #95
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It already fails the basic Superman costume test. Can he wear it under his clothes as Clark Kent? If the answer is no then it's bullsh**.
Old 05-06-2024, 12:45 PM   #96
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Not a good costume. It looks like it was designed for an actor with bigger shoulders. All those wrinkles should not be there.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 02:59 PM   #97
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Not a good costume. It looks like it was designed for an actor with bigger shoulders.
Exactly. It does the one thing it shouldn't do -- it makes Superman's arms look tiny.

Honestly, I don't like anything about that costume. The collar is stupid (and is ALWAYS stupid, and nonsensical for Superman), underwear on the outside is stupid, the material looks way too thick (and over-designed like the Cavill suit), it doesn't appear fitted well to him, the cape material looks too thick, and Kingdom Come symbol just because... Kingdom Come? Dumb.
Old 05-06-2024, 04:47 PM   #98
Galactus
Foot Elite

Maybe it's Kryptonian nanotech like the New 52 suit was eventually portrayed to be. I think that or him quickly zipping to were he's stashed his suit and back again would be fine. The idea of most heroes fitting any kind of costume underneath their civilian clothes has always been a suspension of disbelief thing and with Superman it's pretty big one given his cape.

My issue is with the look being an odd mix. Clearly it's very New 52 inspired but has the traditional belt and trunks. Like one aspect heavily signals modern, edgy and not your daddy's Superman and the other that it's ultra traditional, wholesome and very much your daddy's Superman.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 05:19 PM   #99
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
The idea of most heroes fitting any kind of costume underneath their civilian clothes has always been a suspension of disbelief thing and with Superman it's pretty big one given his cape.
But its iconic with him. The imagery of him ripping his shirt open to see the "S," etc..
Old 05-06-2024, 07:23 PM   #100
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
But its iconic with him. The imagery of him ripping his shirt open to see the "S," etc..
I imagine they will either ditch that and maybe even do a little nod and a wink to the audience about it being unrealistic like the the Donner movie did with him not being able to change in a phone booth.

Or if it is tech based they could do the shirt rip and we see the suit forming as he's doing it. If I remember correctly they did that in the comics a few times once the writers made up their minds what exactly the New 52 suit was.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote