The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-09-2023, 08:36 PM   #61
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Forums and IRC chats are dying in general, Because they been replace by Discord servers.
I'm on a lot of Discord servers, and while it's true, none of the TMNT discords are all that active. But I think back to the first several years of the 2012 series... there were MASSIVE amounts of people posting fan art, gifs, stories, etc., on tumblr... where did all those people go? Just lost interest in TMNT? They're all still out there... somewhere.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 09:02 PM   #62
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
where did all those people go? Just lost interest in TMNT?
They grew up, got careers, married, children and didn't notice any new TMNT content to get excited about. Because there really hasn't been, with precious few exceptions along the way.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 12:07 AM   #63
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Honestly just the Batman/Turtles animated movie. I'm also surprised they went with movie original turtles instead of borrowing an incarnation or even making them at least look like IDW Turtles.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 06:51 AM   #64
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
They grew up, got careers, married, children and didn't notice any new TMNT content to get excited about.
Yeah, nowadays people tend to forget it's ok to lose interest in the stuff you loved in your youth when you grow up.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 10:22 AM   #65
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Yeah, nowadays people tend to forget it's ok to lose interest in the stuff you loved in your youth when you grow up.
Yeah, it’s more than ok to lose interest in “Ren & Stimpy”. I loved that cartoon as a little kid, but watching it again as an adult leaves me wondering, “How the **** were my parents okay with me watching this show?”
Old 02-10-2023, 10:39 AM   #66
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's also important to keep in mind that societally the notion of 30, 40, or 50 year old people being devoted to children's cartoons and toys is kind of a new thing. It would be unthinkable even 25 years ago or so. So it's not weird that people are outgrowing it/distancing themselves from it in their adult years, it's more weird that more people aren't.
Old 02-10-2023, 03:05 PM   #67
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

While it's fine to outgrow things, I think in some respects people are too quick to do so. A lot of people, especially a lot of young people, seem in such a hurry to grow up that they throw out everything they loved because they're worried about others looking down on them or thinking their "immature." And while the immaturity of the current generation seems to be at an all time high in many respects, I don't think reading comics or watching cartoons is the cause.

I have multiple shelves full of DVDs, most of cartoons that I liked and still like. I'm not going to pretend that fun things stop being fun JUST BECAUSE I get older. Maybe I stop enjoying things at some point, and I move on from them, but I'm not going to actively enforce it just because I reached an arbitrary cut off point, out of fear of looking silly. People who spend all their time worrying about what everyone else thinks about them, for something as harmless as a cartoon they like, are being immature themselves.
Zog The Magnificent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 04:17 PM   #68
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
I'm not going to pretend that fun things stop being fun JUST BECAUSE I get older.
This. Absolutely.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 04:35 PM   #69
AquaParade
Banned

If something brings you joy, without causing harm, don't even question it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 04:47 PM   #70
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's not that fun things stop being fun when you get older, it's that -- generally speaking -- you get older and you find different fun things. Maybe it's not rewatching that old cartoon anymore and maybe now it's exploring classic or independent cinema, or maybe it's tearing apart and rebuilding car engines or any one of a host of things.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:06 PM   #71
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Honestly just the Batman/Turtles animated movie.
Yeah that was a legit effort and great use of the I.P.'s all around.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 06:13 PM   #72
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's not that fun things stop being fun when you get older, it's that -- generally speaking -- you get older and you find different fun things.
I see it as finding more fun things, and bounce around between them all the time. Why settle when we can enjoy it all?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 06:37 PM   #73
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I see it as finding more fun things, and bounce around between them all the time. Why settle when we can enjoy it all?
Well the SJW mentality is "you already had that. Go back and watch the old stuff". Soooooo......
The truth is that TMNT shouldn't be hard. It's the kind of property that could entertain any rational person looking for escapism. It's relevant via the "teenagers" and that point of life as measured against the father's expectations enough as it is on it's own merit.

Some additions here or there maybe, but it's widely an inclusive I.P. as it was before the overt messaging and agendas were put into the book.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 07:13 PM   #74
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Well the SJW mentality is "you already had that. Go back and watch the old stuff".
You couldn't be more wrong. The SJW ideology is about the openness and acceptance to and for change.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 07:44 PM   #75
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. The SJW ideology is about the openness and acceptance to and for change.
More like, “You will like what we make because we know best, and if you still object then you’re either a closed-minded bigot or you’re simply uneducated.”
Old 02-10-2023, 07:51 PM   #76
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
More like, “You will like what we make because we know best, and if you still object then you’re either a closed-minded bigot or you’re simply uneducated.”
If only the SJWs knew they were describing themselves!
Old 02-10-2023, 08:06 PM   #77
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Says the pot calling the kettle black. Like Tom said people need to wake up and stop following the herds.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 09:12 PM   #78
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Says the pot calling the kettle black. Like Tom said people need to wake up and stop following the herds.

Hon, if I had herd mentality, then I would just be clapping with the other seals even as I’m being served steaming horse**** on a platter.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 02-10-2023 at 11:59 PM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 09:56 PM   #79
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I thought it was all about inclusion and diversity? Except for conservatives, who you don't want to include and don't want their diverse views?
Old 02-10-2023, 11:28 PM   #80
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Well the SJW mentality is "you already had that. Go back and watch the old stuff". Soooooo......
The truth is that TMNT shouldn't be hard. It's the kind of property that could entertain any rational person looking for escapism. It's relevant via the "teenagers" and that point of life as measured against the father's expectations enough as it is on it's own merit.

Some additions here or there maybe, but it's widely an inclusive I.P. as it was before the overt messaging and agendas were put into the book.
A lot of times the SJW way when it comes to entertainment is 'it doesn't count until WE do it". That's how you get nonsense like 'Black Panther was the first ever black superhero movie' or 'Jennifer Laurence is the first female action lead ever' and whatnot.

As for the outgrowing thing, in my case it kinda depends on if the thing is still around. I mean other than the gap between the 80s cartoon and the 2K3 cartoon, Ninja Turtles never really went away. There's always been a new cartoon, movie, game or comic series. Even now with the IDW comics, the recent games, the NECA stuff and for better or for worse, the upcoming movie, TMNT is still around.

Hell when it comes to videogames, I'm enjoying King of Fighters 15 and we're on the verge of Street Fighter 6.

I kinda feel it's easier to 'outgrow things' when they're gone and stay gone. Like outgrowing Gobots or Pinky Brewster.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote