Old 06-26-2018, 12:13 PM   #4381
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
A statement from IGN's article.

Our worst fears became a reality ...
I thought you really liked Rise Donatello

Couldn't hurt to have a convo with him, could it?

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:16 PM   #4382
Vicky82
Emperor

I like the intro, it's catchy but I find it too fast. I had to keep pausing it to take things in.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:20 PM   #4383
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I like the intro, it's catchy but I find it too fast. I had to keep pausing it to take things in.
Me too.

Was it just me or was Leo not mentioned by name in the intro at all?

edit: just heard "Leos making a scene". Took 3 tries to catch it lol

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:21 PM   #4384
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I thought you really liked Rise Donatello

Couldn't hurt to have a convo with him, could it?
... What are you saying ..... ?
Old 06-26-2018, 12:24 PM   #4385
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I like the techno vibe the song has and don't mind the rap, but it doesn't mix well and I think it's because of them wanting to shove Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles over and over again, 2012 did it well but it was a longer intro. They should've put more emphasis on Rise and TMNT instead of actually spelling it out.

The intro seems crazy and visually awesome, I hope that makes it in to the actual show. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Quote:
Most theme songs have been fast for the past decade, I was surprised 2012 got a full theme song and this being like 40 seconds is already longer than average.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #4386
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I like the techno vibe the song has and don't mind the rap, but it doesn't mix well and I think it's because of them wanting to shove Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles over and over again, 2012 did it well but it was a longer intro. They should've put more emphasis on Rise and TMNT instead of actually spelling it out.

The intro seems crazy and visually awesome, I hope that makes it in to the actual show. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Most theme songs have been fast for the past decade, I was surprised 2012 got a full theme song and this being like 40 seconds is already longer than average.
I don't watch many other cartoons these days, apart from Ducktales and Thunderbirds are Go and there intros are a lot slower than the Rise TMNT intro.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:51 PM   #4387
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Rise TMNT panel at SD comic con confirmed and there is a sneak peek of there opening intro on IGN too.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/06/2...comic-con-2018

I like the theme, it’s like an updated version of 2012. It’s definitely better than what Teen Titans Go! did with their theme song.

It’s kinda weird that Leo is being portrayed as the clumsy one instead of Mikey. Change is constant I guess.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #4388
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I like it, the art style is growing on me more and more, I am getting a very 'samurai Jack' feel from the style.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
Old 06-26-2018, 01:45 PM   #4389
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
It’s kinda weird that Leo is being portrayed as the clumsy one instead of Mikey. Change is constant I guess.
I don't think "making a scene" is necessarily equated with being clumsy, and doubt that's what they mean. It's just in line with trying to make him a show off.

You watch though... As I said before, I BET there may be a second recording waiting to later update "making a scene" with "leading the team."

Waaay too much of a coincidence that it happens to rhyme perfectly and could be dropped in without disrupting the song at all. Given what we know, or think we know (and kind of supported by the theme not naming Raph as leader despite their big thing over it otherwise and spotlighting it elsewhere), "making a scene" could itself be being used at first simply because it rhymes with the other.

Maybe I'll turn out to be totally wrong.... But I'm highly suspicious and wait for the day I can say "See!"

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-26-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #4390
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Here's the (full) part two of the motion comic.

Spoiler:
Old 06-26-2018, 02:04 PM   #4391
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Loved the intro! This show looks like it's going to hilarious, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
Old 06-26-2018, 02:16 PM   #4392
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Had a feeling the second half was longer than what we saw last week (via Facebook).

Still, good god the writing and the line delivery... Sounds rather phoned in. And people think FW Leo is whiny.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-26-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:16 PM   #4393
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
A statement from IGN's article.

Our worst fears became a reality ...
I'm not sure what of this is supposed to reflect anybody's fears.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:32 PM   #4394
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Here's the (full) part two of the motion comic.

Spoiler:
Awww, I loved that moment when Leo is giving Mikey all the credit for stopping the truck, even though he helped too, that is so cute and hope there going to be more moments like this in this show.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:38 PM   #4395
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Rise TMNT Intro

Well, I’m not immediately repulsed so that’s a good thing. Projects a TMNT feel to it so that’s another good thing. But I suppose that’s easy to do when your song basically just repeats TMNT over and over. I wish the lyrics had more to them.

However I suppose you want to keep the song short and to the point. Can’t be really lengthy considering the episodes themselves are on the short side.

So I give it an overall 6 and 1/2 out of 10. The 2012 intro gets 8 out of 10. OT gets 10/10. But in the future I may adjust that score for Rise. Let’s wait and see.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:09 PM   #4396
Powder
So tired of this place

I don't care for the song much but the visuals are flippin' stellar.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 06-26-2018, 03:42 PM   #4397
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well. That intro is just about as exhausting to watch as 2003's Back to the Sewers season intro that I've generally skipped in a rewatch because of that exact reason.

Ready for a fight
Making a scene
Got mad skills
Rocks machines

Yep... I guess that's why Leo was given a portal opening sword so he's even needed.

Pegged as "making a scene" is certainly a step or two below Mikey usually just getting labeled as the party dude. At least party dude is fun and suggests fun in his fight. How often is any person making a scene not obnoxious, not to mention not ninja-like. Or Leo like.

Though it's telling that Raph isn't pointed out as leader in the theme.

Calling it now though - I wonder if "making a scene" will be replaced later with "leading the team." That it rhymes is rather convenient... maybe purposely.

Yeah, was also already shown in the 'motion comic' posted up last week. (Though I think the second half - or partial of the second half? - that was on FB.)

As much much as I hate saying it, Raph is pointed out as leader in the song. From what I can make out the follow up line to "rock the machines" is "....discover their destiny in raph", or something close to that.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:05 PM   #4398
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If that's really what they're saying... bleh. Hard to tell though, and if it's really all one line. (If so... what a line it is... Oh brother.)

Though I suppose it could hint at Raph just having an integral part in finding that underground world or whatever.

Still find it interesting they don't directly point out "leader" in it with flashing neon lights (figuratively speaking) like they do in that "motion comic" and other info. Makes sense if it's true that the position will be switched up eventually since a theme song is a bit more permanent.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:21 PM   #4399
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Wait I don't understand how "discover their destiny in Raph" has anything to do with him being leader?

I'm pretty sure Raph is going to be replaced. You can't make anyone this dumb for no other reason than for them to fail later on.

Last edited by Xiewin; 06-26-2018 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:47 PM   #4400
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Given that there is a multiverse in TMNT. Some universes would probably have Raph being the leader. and some have Leo as the leader. So I'm not bothered by this.

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters