The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-19-2024, 01:58 PM   #41
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidza_maj2000 View Post
Yes, but other turtle teams who will be in this crossover also doesn't have a female turtle so it will also be surprising for them
Maybe Venus from The Next Mutation shows up.
Old 02-19-2024, 01:59 PM   #42
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Maybe Venus from The Next Mutation shows up.
Just curious: what made you think so? Because that version is not well received, I wouldn't mind seeing it though
nidza_maj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 03:16 PM   #43
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidza_maj2000 View Post
Just curious: what made you think so? Because that version is not well received, I wouldn't mind seeing it though
Anything is possible with this crossover, With the reveal that Jennika will be in it, Who knows who else will show up.
Old 02-19-2024, 03:27 PM   #44
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Anything is possible with this crossover, With the reveal that Jennika will be in it, Who knows who else will show up.
Yes, you are right, they might save something as a surprise that will not be revailed until this issues release
Old 02-19-2024, 03:39 PM   #45
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

What we know so far is we got characters from each of the universes appearing in the issues, I know Tiger Claw from the 2012 universe will appear in issue 14, And that's a given, As to what characters and what universe they are from that will appear? There are other TMNT universes that they can pluck a character from, They can get somebody from the 90s movies, The 2007 movie, The Archie comics, The Image comics, You name it.
Old 02-19-2024, 03:51 PM   #46
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

Quote:
What we know so far is we got characters from each of the universes appearing in the issues, I know Tiger Claw from the 2012 universe will appear in issue 14, And that's a given, As to what characters and what universe they are from that will appear? There are other TMNT universes that they can pluck a character from, They can get somebody from the 90s movies, The 2007 movie, The Archie comics, The Image comics, You name it.
Yes, maybe other turtle characters from multiverse will also appear and maybe villains from other universes also
Old 02-19-2024, 11:50 PM   #47
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post

Are you kidding me?

*sigh*

Get a clue, IDW.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:05 AM   #48
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
https://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m...fhi2o1_400.gif

Are you kidding me?

*sigh*

Get a clue, IDW.
Jennika is actually very popular in the fandom and it's sad that you're so bitter about it.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 08:18 AM   #49
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

Do you guys think final arc of current run of TMNT IDW comics will somehow tie to this issues of TMNT Saturday Morning Adventures comic? I mean because Jennika will appear, also last issue of IDW run before relaunch will be released in April before this crossover will start so maybe that last issue will have some connection to this, what do you guys think?
Old 02-20-2024, 09:45 AM   #50
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Jennika is actually very popular in the fandom and it's sad that you're so bitter about it.
Right, like how Captain Marvel is extremely popular in the Marvel fandom. Everybody loves her, and the only ones who don’t are the sexist male fans.

It’s ok if you like Jennika, but she’s not as popular as you think. In fact, if she were to have a figure of her own, most of them would end up in the clearance sale with the other rejected merchandise. The Jennika comics certainly aren’t selling that well. At least they aren’t at my local comic store.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 02-20-2024 at 09:51 AM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 11:00 AM   #51
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Right, like how Captain Marvel is extremely popular in the Marvel fandom. Everybody loves her, and the only ones who don’t are the sexist male fans.
Captain Marvel is a very popular character in comic fandom and the first movie made $1.2B.

Quote:
It’s ok if you like Jennika, but she’s not as popular as you think. In fact, if she were to have a figure of her own, most of them would end up in the clearance sale with the other rejected merchandise. The Jennika comics certainly aren’t selling that well. At least they aren’t at my local comic store.
If they release a figure, I think it would sell very well among fans and collectors. Now imagine if they put Jennika in other media not targeted towards the already enfranchised consumer, like, oh I don't know, a comic book targeted at children and their parents who grew up with the 80's cartoon? Now put her in other media and see her popularity grow. You just hate to hate because it's edgy and your 3 friends on this forum show you support.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 12:03 PM   #52
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Jennika already has two figures coming out later this year and there's also collected tpb of Jennika issues coming out in June that will have issues #93-95, 2019 FCBD and both of the Jennika miniseries:

Additionally I've seen nothing but positivity for the character across most social media platforms.
Old 02-20-2024, 12:30 PM   #53
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

What do you guys think this twist it that Sarah mentioned in interview? Just curious what do you think about it?
Old 02-20-2024, 01:31 PM   #54
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Captain Marvel is a very popular character in comic fandom and the first movie made $1.2B.
Popular among whom? The third wave feminists who don’t even buy the comics and do nothing but criticize the real fans on Twitter/X for not accepting the new Thing? In case you’ve haven’t noticed, Marvel as a whole isn’t doing so good right now.

The only reason the first Captain Marvel did so good at the box office was because people were really excited for Endgame and wanted to see how that movie would tie in with the epic conclusion to the MCU. Now if it was released after Endgame, it wouldn’t even make past $300,000,000. The comic fans already hated Captain Marvel before the movie was released. If they didn’t, then the new Captain Marvel movie would be making a ton of money right now years after Endgame, but it performed rather pathetically at the box office. Even casual and indifferent normies who aren’t real Marvel fans don’t want to watch any more post-Endgame movies. That hype is long gone.

Quote:
If they release a figure, I think it would sell very well among fans and collectors. Now imagine if they put Jennika in other media not targeted towards the already enfranchised consumer, like, oh I don't know, a comic book targeted at children and their parents who grew up with the 80's cartoon? Now put her in other media and see her popularity grow. You just hate to hate because it's edgy and your 3 friends on this forum show you support.
Just what is it exactly about Jennika that makes her so appealing and awesome? Other than the fact that she checks at least two representation boxes and that she has Wolverine claws? “Her character is just so interesting”? How so? Because I don’t see it. “She is just so well-written”? Compared to the original four turtles? I don’t think so.

It’s not just a few people on this forum who aren’t fond of Jennika. If you go on Reddit or read YouTube comments, the general attitude toward Jennika is basically: “Meh.” And the pathetic comic sales are also pretty telling.

A ninja turtle version of Rey wouldn’t sell very much and you know it.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 02-20-2024 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:45 PM   #55
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Popular among whom? The third wave feminists who don’t even buy the comics and do nothing but criticize the real fans on Twitter/X for not accepting the new Thing? In case you’ve haven’t noticed, Marvel as a whole isn’t doing so good right now.

The only reason the first Captain Marvel did so good at the box office was because people were really excited for Endgame and wanted to see how that movie would tie in with the epic conclusion to the MCU. Now if it was released after Endgame, it wouldn’t even make past $300,000,000. The comic fans already hated Captain Marvel before the movie was released. If they didn’t, then the new Captain Marvel movie would be making a ton of money right now years after Endgame, but it performed rather pathetically at the box office. Even casual and indifferent normies who aren’t real Marvel fans don’t want to watch any more post-Endgame movies. That hype is long gone.
If this, if that. Yes, Captain Marvel was part of the hype train in the first couple phases of MCU, but that doesn't negate the popularity of the character. I've seen just as many cosplays of her character pre MCU as I have any other popular comic book character. She is not widely hated by people outside of your echo chamber.

And yes, The Marvels didn't do well. I liked the first, and didn't care for the second, as well. Much like the first being part of a hype train, this one has succumb to the lackluster MCU films recently, but the hype isn't totally gone. Deadpool 3 trailer has 28M views in a week and the FF announcement has a lot of positive hype around it.

Quote:
Just what is it exactly about Jennika that makes her so appealing and awesome? Other than the fact that she checks at least two representation boxes and that she has Wolverine claws? “Her character is just so interesting”? How so? Because I don’t see it. “She is just so well-written”? Compared to the original four turtles? I don’t think so.

It’s not just a few people on this forum who dislike Jennika. If you go on Reddit or read YouTube comments, the general attitude toward Jennika is basically: “Meh.” And the pathetic comic sales are also pretty telling.

A ninja turtle version of Rey wouldn’t sell very much and you know it.
What makes any of the Turtles appealing at that point in their lifespan? Before they were in a cartoon and toys, they were just as popular as Jennika is to their fanbase now. She's a well-rounded, yet flawed character in the character herself as well as the writing - which is par for this franchise. And if you go on Reddit or YouTube most of the comments from people who know who she is are "Cool! She's in the crossover!" or from the less enfranchised "Whoa! Who's the yellow turtle?!". Not everyone hates things just because theyre new and different - that's what makes things exciting.
Old 02-20-2024, 02:40 PM   #56
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

Quote:
If this, if that. Yes, Captain Marvel was part of the hype train in the first couple phases of MCU, but that doesn't negate the popularity of the character. I've seen just as many cosplays of her character pre MCU as I have any other popular comic book character. She is not widely hated by people outside of your echo chamber.

And yes, The Marvels didn't do well. I liked the first, and didn't care for the second, as well. Much like the first being part of a hype train, this one has succumb to the lackluster MCU films recently, but the hype isn't totally gone. Deadpool 3 trailer has 28M views in a week and the FF announcement has a lot of positive hype around it.

What makes any of the Turtles appealing at that point in their lifespan? Before they were in a cartoon and toys, they were just as popular as Jennika is to their fanbase now. She's a well-rounded, yet flawed character in the character herself as well as the writing - which is par for this franchise. And if you go on Reddit or YouTube most of the comments from people who know who she is are "Cool! She's in the crossover!" or from the less enfranchised "Whoa! Who's the yellow turtle?!". Not everyone hates things just because theyre new and different - that's what makes things exciting.
You are right about this
Old 02-20-2024, 02:42 PM   #57
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Would you like to see them fighting against Shredder from Michael Bay produced movies? Just curious what do you think about it? Or if he is not in this crossover (I think he might be but this is speculation for now) than they should bring Turtles from this movies and him next time they do crossover between TMNT 1987 and other characters from TMNT multiverse in this comic
Old 02-20-2024, 02:51 PM   #58
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
I've seen just as many cosplays of her character pre MCU as I have any other popular comic book character.
So? I’ve seen more people in furry costumes than I’ve seen people dress up as Captain Marvel at those conventions. People also try to sell feminist and social justice stuff at their booths.

Quote:
Deadpool 3 trailer has 28M views in a week and the FF announcement has a lot of positive hype around it
Sure, nostalgia makes a lot of people excited, for a while at least. But more than likely it’s another case of bait and switch. There’s a rumor that Lady Deadpool is set to make her appearance in that movie, and with Disney buying the rights to Deadpool, how much you wanna bet that they’ll retire his character so that hers would take his place, like they’ve done with the other characters?

Quote:
What makes any of the Turtles appealing at that point in their lifespan? Before they were in a cartoon and toys, they were just as popular as Jennika is to their fanbase now. She's a well-rounded, yet flawed character in the character herself as well as the writing - which is par for this franchise.
Well-rounded? More like flat-chested.
Not saying that having big boobs automatically makes a female character great because Venus proved otherwise. But Jennika is your typical flat “strong female” type that leaves a bad taste in your mouth. She’s nothing compared to the older versions of the original four.

Quote:
And if you go on Reddit or YouTube most of the comments from people who know who she is are "Cool! She's in the crossover!" or from the less enfranchised "Whoa! Who's the yellow turtle?!". Not everyone hates things just because theyre new and different - that's what makes things exciting.
Most of the comments aren’t saying that. The general attitude toward her is that she’s an unnecessary addition just like Venus or that she’s just another self-insert character that’s meant to stroke the writer’s own ego instead of entertaining other people. A few people do like her, yes, but overall, she’s a forgettable character and the people at IDW know it, but they’re sneaking her into these crossovers in a desperate effort to make it look like she’s actually a very popular and well-loved character. But did her appearance save the Street Fighter crossover? No.

No, not everyone hates things just because they’re new. I mean, some people think that duct-taping a banana to the wall is considered to be “modern” art and they love it so much that they’re willing to pay $120,000 for it. That’s new and different, isn’t it? Am I a hater for saying that it’s not worth that much or that it’s ridiculous get that excited over a rotting banana?

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 02-20-2024 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:34 PM   #59
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
So? I’ve seen more people in furry costumes than I’ve seen people dress up as Captain Marvel at those conventions. People also try to sell feminist and social justice stuff at their booths.

Sure, nostalgia makes a lot of people excited, for a while at least. But more than likely it’s another case of bait and switch. There’s a rumor that Lady Deadpool is set to make her appearance in that movie, and with Disney buying the rights to Deadpool, how much you wanna bet that they’ll retire his character so that hers would take his place, like they’ve done with the other characters?

Well-rounded? More like flat-chested.
Not saying that having big boobs automatically makes a female character great because Venus proved otherwise. But Jennika is your typical flat “strong female” type that leaves a bad taste in your mouth. She’s nothing compared to the older versions of the original four.

Most of the comments aren’t saying that. The general attitude toward her is that she’s an unnecessary addition just like Venus or that she’s just another self-insert character that’s meant to stroke the writer’s own ego instead of entertaining other people. A few people do like her, yes, but overall, she’s a forgettable character and the people at IDW know it, but they’re sneaking her into these crossovers in a desperate effort to make it look like she’s actually a very popular and well-loved character. But did her appearance save the Street Fighter crossover? No.

No, not everyone hates things just because they’re new. I mean, some people think that duct-taping a banana to the wall is considered to be “modern” art and they love it so much that they’re willing to pay $120,000 for it. That’s new and different, isn’t it? Am I a hater for saying that it’s not worth that much or that it’s ridiculous get that excited over a rotting banana?
Jesus Christ you are the most one-note person I've ever talked to. What's it like to be filled with that much self-hatred?
Old 02-20-2024, 04:41 PM   #60
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Jesus Christ you are the most one-note person I've ever talked to. What's it like to be filled with that much self-hatred?
Sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not a total sponge that soaks up everything including horse pee. If my stubbornness and different opinions exasperate you so much, then just don’t engage in a conversation with me, simple as that.