The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-24-2022, 08:16 AM   #81
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I wonder if the trailer hints that this movie will be set during the 5 years after the snap.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 09:24 AM   #82
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I thought it was a great trailer, It was very emotional.
Old 07-24-2022, 09:26 AM   #83
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I wonder if the trailer hints that this movie will be set during the 5 years after the snap.
You know, that would have been a great idea and buy em time so they can recast for part 3.

But since it's an actual good idea, I doubt they'd do that.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 11:47 AM   #84
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The MCU really did end with End Game, didn't it?

They really should have either ended it there or gatekeep all these crazy woke directors the **** away from the franchise.

The TVs shows were a terrible idea too. Shoulda stayed as movies.... but actual good movies.
The directors aren't the problem. It's Disney because they are pulling the same crap with Star Wars. Until Disney goes bankrupt and forced to sell the properties to someone who gives a crap, this wokeness will continue.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 11:52 AM   #85
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Edward Norton didn't wanted to work with Marvel again, Because he was upset they did not give him full creative control over the movie.
No, he's said openly he was surprised they didn't hit him up for Avengers. That he was looking forward to working with Robert and company.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 11:56 AM   #86
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Or they could've just recasted. Period. Simple. Edward Norton didn't remain the Hulk after Incredible Hulk because they decided they didn't want to work with him again. If Norton died after Incredible Hulk, what... by this thinking we'd need to make a whole new Hulk character going into the Avengers? Because we need to honor Norton's 1 movie legacy which means somehow burying his character and hamstringing its legacy?

Absolutely retarded thinking on its face.
True. They had no problems recasting Dumbledore when Richard Harris died.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 03:57 PM   #87
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
No, he's said openly he was surprised they didn't hit him up for Avengers. That he was looking forward to working with Robert and company.
According to here, Its because he didn't show the amount of creativity that Marvel was hoping for, As I said before, He wanted more control of the movie he was making, But Marvel was calling the shots.
Quote:
Before the filming of Joss Whedon’s teamup movie could begin, in 201, Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige released a statement that said they had parted ways with Norton and the “decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members.”

He added, “The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfils these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks.”
https://indianexpress.com/article/en...ffalo-7293700/
Old 07-26-2022, 01:05 AM   #88
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
The directors aren't the problem. It's Disney because they are pulling the same crap with Star Wars. Until Disney goes bankrupt and forced to sell the properties to someone who gives a crap, this wokeness will continue.
Yeah, though what would it take for that to happen or for them to get to WB's situation where they had to be bought by a company like AT&T?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 01:08 AM   #89
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If you are unhappy with one megacorporation owning your favorite IP, you are unlikely to be happy with the next megacorporation owning it. Unless your only goal is to have it share the same sandbox as your other favorite IPs. Then you might. But right now they are all beholden to the same ESG principles.
Old 07-26-2022, 01:22 AM   #90
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

How do you feel about Paramount/Viacom owning Garfield?
Old 07-26-2022, 01:25 AM   #91
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
The same way I feel about Paramount/Viacom owning TMNT. Sad. As soon as a thing changes hands from a human heart to a corporate board of executives it can only go in one direction. And not a good one.

I'm still mystified over Disney buying Marvel in the late 2000s. All the press releases and such was, "If Iron Man and Incredible Hulk fail, we're bust! We're banking everything on this, you better support us!" Then they succeeded, wildly (sure, Iron Man 1 carried Incredible Hulk's weight a bit at the box office, but still) and... eh, sold to a megacorporation anyway, for no reason? And now we're getting woke stuff across the board.
Old 07-26-2022, 01:29 AM   #92
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Honestly, all the money with Garfield lies these days in the "Minus Garfield" stories
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 01:34 AM   #93
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Surprised me that Jim Davis sold the property to them just like that. Well that differentiates him from the Schulz family where they're very protective of the Peanuts.

But as for the woke s***, these companies are too stupid to realize that people catch on (well some at least). I enjoyed the first Blank Panther though I didn't love it like everyone else did. To do a movie without him though, I can't see this doing well though MCU fans will try and defend it.
Old 07-26-2022, 01:49 AM   #94
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

People get old. Want to take care of their families/make sure they're taken care of when they're gone, I get that. Big payday now vs. my son or daughter carries it on and maybe it fails or isn't the same level of quality... eh, I get it. And maybe that level of interest isn't even there amongst the kiddos.

Still sad. Unfortunate. For the property and for the fans.
Old 07-26-2022, 10:18 AM   #95
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I hadn't considered that at all. It's actually a great idea given the situation with Boseman. It's like now that you've said it, it's so obvious.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 10:31 AM   #96
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I hadn't considered that at all. It's actually a great idea given the situation with Boseman. It's like now that you've said it, it's so obvious.
I've said that elsewhere and was reminded that no, it can't be. Shuri was snapped yet there she is, front and center.
Old 07-26-2022, 10:42 AM   #97
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I've said that elsewhere and was reminded that no, it can't be. Shuri was snapped yet there she is, front and center.
Dang, I forgot she was snapped too.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 12:09 PM   #98
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
who honestly gives af about garfield?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 03:33 PM   #99
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's a film about black people and now a woman lead, anyone who thinks this won't be "double woke" is out of their minds. Now we don't get a cool male Black Panther either.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 07:01 PM   #100
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
who honestly gives af about garfield?
Paramount obviously.